Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning Clara now appears in Port Kembla arrival schedule:

Thu 3 Mar 00:00Arrival Morning ClaraVehicles CarrierAGE:WSSBrisbaneAat Port Kembla Terminal (107)
Can I ask (noob question), so does it mean all the Model 3's on this Morning Clara ship have been accounted for to those customers who have got an EDD already now eg in Sydney between in mid to late March? So cars will come off Morning Clara 3/3 in PK, truck them to Alexandria/Chatswood, Tesla preps them and starts delivering them to the lucky few a couple days later.

And for peeps like me (still have 14-20 wks EDD) we have to wait for the next ship/s and the whole process starts again all around Aust (MIC, ship, get VIN, get EDD, pay, book pickup, happy day, etc, etc) which is likely in May22? I ordered 31/1 standard RWD White/Black but hopefully more LR and P are on next ship.

Can I ask (noob question), so does it mean all the Model 3's on this Morning Clara ship have been accounted for to those customers who have got an EDD already now eg in Sydney between in mid to late March? So cars will come off Morning Clara 3/3 in PK, truck them to Alexandria/Chatswood, Tesla preps them and starts delivering them to the lucky few a couple days later.

And for peeps like me (still have 14-20 wks EDD) we have to wait for the next ship/s and the whole process starts again all around Aust (MIC, ship, get VIN, get EDD, pay, book pickup, happy day, etc, etc) which is likely in May22? I ordered 31/1 standard RWD White/Black but hopefully more LR and P are on next ship.
You've got it :)

Basically anything that isn't assigned already will likely be Q2 arrival (April-June).
Keep in mind that Clara may have some orders which get cancelled at the last minute so some people could get lucky but I wouldn't be counting on it.

Reactions: Ib38
are many cars being delivered and an apparent backlog. You can ask your SA for the final invoice but it will probably still take a week or so. It's a busy time but it's coming especially if you have a RWD on order.

Frustrating process. I thought the $cost was a little high for the M3LR white/black. I had no idea of the time cost being addicted to following this and other forums. I’m now rationed by my wife to one Tesla comment a week which is going to be hard as there must be a risk of O/D 15/1 translating to Q3 delivery despit the promised 14-20 week EDD.

• Funny
Reactions: rgc1990 and backle
Frustrating process. I thought the $cost was a little high for the M3LR white/black. I had no idea of the time cost being addicted to following this and other forums. I’m now rationed by my wife to one Tesla comment a week which is going to be hard as there must be a risk of O/D 15/1 translating to Q3 delivery despit the promised 14-20 week EDD.
Damn that's some hard rations you are on. Surely against the Geneva Convention!

Most likely. It doesn't seem like there's other ships leaving Shanghai.

I think once the ship docks in PK or shortly after your EDD will shorten to a 1 week window and then 1 week before the new EDD are booking SMSs.
which means all orders with vin will be on Morning Clare, next ship will be late April or early May, I guess I am the lucky few who order before the quarter cutoff date in Dec

Reactions: Benzz

That's my understanding.

Re next ship - Morning Crystal would leave Auckland on 25/02, and then according to this http://www.armacup.com/documents/Schedules/AsiaNZSchedule.pdf would arrive to Brisbane on 24/03. That's 27 days in between, and last time it took 16 days Auckland->Shanghai, and 11 days Shanghai->Brisbane (with 1.5 days in port). So chances are, next ship loading with Teslas for AU/NZ would be Morning Crystal around 13/03.

Reactions: Ib38
which means all orders with vin will be on Morning Clare, next ship will be late April or early May, I guess I am the lucky few who order before the quarter cutoff date in Dec
Have you tried reaching out to your SA? I got the final invoice after notifying mine about the VIN and delivery date being updated.
Had a bit of a laff about "not refreshing the page every 20 seconds" 😬

Re next ship - Morning Crystal would leave Auckland on 25/02, and then according to this http://www.armacup.com/documents/Schedules/AsiaNZSchedule.pdf would arrive to Brisbane on 24/03. That's 27 days in between, and last time it took 16 days Auckland->Shanghai, and 11 days Shanghai->Brisbane (with 1.5 days in port). So chances are, next ship loading with Teslas for AU/NZ would be Morning Crystal around 13/03.
Sorry I missed it - first line of schedule is directly saying that Morning Crystal would be in Shanghai on 09/03.
So if I understand current process correctly, next batch of VINs should start appearing first week of March.

Another thing is looks like Morning Clara would go straight back to Shanghai after Melbourne, skipping NZ, would be loading in Shanghai on 19/03. Same for next Morning Crystal run. Looks like NZ Teslas are either on hold, or using separate routes.

Or I could be wrong, and there would be other Chinese cars on those ships, not Teslas :)

Here is a summary of current/upcoming Shanghai-AU routes, that would probably have Teslas onboard
1645589883311.png

Going off historical production schedule of Tesla Shanghai we probably won't see any Teslas on those two ships.
I thought I read that that quarterly schedule was planned to be dropped in favor of smaller batches, and looks like that happened already? We have cars built in start of Jan and cars built in start of Feb, so it's not "AU cars built in 1st month of the quarter" anymore. Also there are Q1 orders here, that would be delivered in Q1 as well, there were no real cut-off date in Dec.

But yes, maybe it's wishful thinking, we'll see in 2-3 weeks if new VINs appear.

I would expect more May to June. If they start manufacture in April, then first deliveries will be May. No one got their car in Jan. I think its just SAs trying to make it seem like less of a wait. I got the same btw (OD 28.11)
Interesting January MY & M3 sales numbers in China - over 19K Teslas sold in Jan, only 3K of them were M3, 78% year-on-year reduction, as the MY gaining popularity in China. Which means, Giga Shanghai could redistribute some LHD M3 domestic quota in Feb/Mar to RHD export markets in Q1, hence April deliveries here are still possible if this M3 decline trend continues in China. :)

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to move their delivery date? I got the sms yesterday but the two dates given to me I'm actually away for (Birthday getaway planned a long while ago).

The SA hasn't really been that helpful as I need to move the date back two or three days.

The SA gave me a conveyor belt explanation which sounded more like a guilt trip... is it really that difficult to organise a later delivery date? (still well within my window mind you)

Has anyone been able to move their delivery date? I got the sms yesterday but the two dates given to me I'm actually away for (Birthday getaway planned a long while ago).

The SA hasn't really been that helpful as I need to move the date back two or three days.

The SA gave me a conveyor belt explanation which sounded more like a guilt trip... is it really that difficult to organise a later delivery date? (still well within my window mind you)
If you were to pass up on it, how far back would you go?

Edit:
May be Tesla might allow you to trade with someone who has the next delivery window?(9th to 20th)?
Assuming that a delay doesn’t put you back to 7mo

If your SA was not really helpful, did you try calling the Tesla Sydney hotline directly (02 4328 0288)? Explain you situation again to the service agent who answered your call, and see if you can get a different outcome.