Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can the boat sail down past Sydney to Wollongong in 1 day? I dont think so?
Technically speaking it could travel from Brisbane to PK overnight, but it various a lot, depends on the traffic, speed, schedule, weather and the port availability etc.
According to the recent weather of Sydney and PK I think extra 2-3 days at lease for MC to dock in PK?

Just checked latest PK schedule, they delayed MC to 12/3. :(

Last edited:
Technically speaking it could travel from Brisbane to PK overnight, but it various a lot, depends on the traffic, speed, schedule, weather and the port availability etc.
According to the recent weather of Sydney and PK I think extra 2-3 days at lease for MC to dock in PK?

Just checked latest PK schedule, they delayed MC to 12/3. :(
One can always be hopeful :D

Model 3
Ext: Black
Int: Black
OD: 21.12.2022
VIN: 08/02
EDD: 10/03 - 24/03

It was either a Model 3 or WRX. WRX was between models and we test drove a Model 3. The rest as they say is history
I own a WRX for about six years now and am trading it in for M3 RWD, expecting delivery this month. Only tested the older SR+ with 0.5sec faster acceleration. Personally, I think WRX has better handling and all round vision, M3 SR+ is faster on the straight and better tech/convenience. WRX is quite thirsty, I have to be quite mindful to get it around 11-12L/100km with 90% urban driving. Heavy right foot sees 13+L/100km easy.

WRX is also kind of expensive to keep, not as bulletproof as Japanese cars used to be, people complaint about Tesla quality control, my brand new WRX was delivered without aircon wires connected, some Japanese takumi drank too much Sake and forgot to plug it in. I had to live without aircon for a week in a brand new car and Subaru fixed it but refused to compensate anything, just threw me the line "it happens on mass production cars".

• Funny
Reactions: Maximillan
I own a WRX for about six years now and am trading it in for M3 RWD, expecting delivery this month. Only tested the older SR+ with 0.5sec faster acceleration. Personally, I think WRX has better handling and all round vision, M3 SR+ is faster on the straight and better tech/convenience. WRX is quite thirsty, I have to be quite mindful to get it around 11-12L/100km with 90% urban driving. Heavy right foot sees 13+L/100km easy.

WRX is also kind of expensive to keep, not as bulletproof as Japanese cars used to be, people complaint about Tesla quality control, my brand new WRX was delivered without aircon wires connected, some Japanese takumi drank too much Sake and forgot to plug it in. I had to live without aircon for a week in a brand new car and Subaru fixed it but refused to compensate anything, just threw me the line "it happens on mass production cars".
I too have sold my WRX for the M3 SR. Can't really pick the difference in acceleration for mine - the WRX had incredible handling (I liken it to having claws on the tyres) and I'm pretty confident it was better than the SR - but I'd expect that AWD to RWD.
The Tech in the M3 is outstanding and I have recently looked at the price of petrol and praised the lord that I will no longer have to pay at the pump. I reckon the WRX would now be costing me $120 every 10 days. I shudder at the thought.
Looking forward to charging from the excess solar production at home - when the car gets here....and hopefully the rain goes away. :)

Reactions: Benzz
I too have sold my WRX for the M3 SR. Can't really pick the difference in acceleration for mine - the WRX had incredible handling (I liken it to having claws on the tyres) and I'm pretty confident it was better than the SR - but I'd expect that AWD to RWD.
The Tech in the M3 is outstanding and I have recently looked at the price of petrol and praised the lord that I will no longer have to pay at the pump. I reckon the WRX would now be costing me $120 every 10 days. I shudder at the thought.
Looking forward to charging from the excess solar production at home - when the car gets here....and hopefully the rain goes away. :)
Yeah the WRX can really corner well, more so for an average driver like me that it really gave me confidence. I also tested the LR and the AWD in LR is not as good as WRX, it feels like it would oversteer when pushed too hard and then the computer nanny cuts the power or something like that. I can't explained it well but LR feels like a RWD with front wheels cutting in only when the back wheels are in trouble, like the reverse of Audi/Golf AWD. WRX is just glued to the road and I have to do something really stupid to upset it. LR has incredible linear acceleration and no doubt will gap the WRX like it's a corolla.

I am spending $80 every 6-7 days feeding the old girl with 98RON, can't wait for RWD to come. I also have solar setup but not getting much in the rain.

Yeah the WRX can really corner well, more so for an average driver like me that it really gave me confidence. I also tested the LR and the AWD in LR is not as good as WRX, it feels like it would oversteer when pushed too hard and then the computer nanny cuts the power or something like that. I can't explained it well but LR feels like a RWD with front wheels cutting in only when the back wheels are in trouble, like the reverse of Audi/Golf AWD. WRX is just glued to the road and I have to do something really stupid to upset it. LR has incredible linear acceleration and no doubt will gap the WRX like it's a corolla.

I am spending $80 every 6-7 days feeding the old girl with 98RON, can't wait for RWD to come. I also have solar setup but not getting much in the rain.
Do you have a EDD for your M3?

Do you have a EDD for your M3?
09/03 (obviously not gonna happen today) -> 23/03 (most likely)
I was kind of lucky, first ordered 26/12/21 but changed colour from white to MSM on 06/01/22 and told by SA that it was considered as a new order. Got VIN and est. dates in mid Feb. SA said that they must have made lots of MSM RWD in Shanghai, not sure how true that is.

Agreed with the handling of the WRX, it was a fun test drive. But having to wait for a new model especially sight unseen prompted us to look elsewhere.

Another great point of how thirsty the WRX would have been. Dodged a bullet there.

Now just waiting. Hopefully only a couple of weeks now.

Reactions: Benzz and MAXPOiNT
09/03 (obviously not gonna happen today) -> 23/03 (most likely)
I was kind of lucky, first ordered 26/12/21 but changed colour from white to MSM on 06/01/22 and told by SA that it was considered as a new order. Got VIN and est. dates in mid Feb. SA said that they must have made lots of MSM RWD in Shanghai, not sure how true that is.
Looks like we have ordered the exact same car...just you ordered in Dec and I ordered early Feb. What colour WRX did you have?

Looks like we have ordered the exact same car...just you ordered in Dec and I ordered early Feb. What colour WRX did you have?
Black WRX, nice when clean but terrible when neglected. The panel is kind of thin, easily dented by careless young kids. I had a black Audi before the WRX and the paint and panel were better, but the Audi had problems with engine oil leak and coil issues, she got towed on the flatbed four times in 5 years of ownership. In short, just had enough with ICE cars so decided to try EV. I was thinking of getting black again when changing colours but daughters "recommended" MSM, so yeah, you know women run your life when you're older.

Btw, what prompt the colour change? I saw three white M3 at Chatswood Westfield carpark and decided to make a change.

Last edited:
Reactions: MickV
Black WRX, nice when clean but terrible when neglected. The panel is kind of thin, easily dented by careless young kids. I had a black Audi before the WRX and the paint and panel were better, but the Audi had problems with engine oil leak and coil issues, she got towed on the flatbed four times in 5 years of ownership. In short, just had enough with ICE cars so decided to try EV. I was thinking of getting black again when changing colours but daughters "recommended" MSM, so yeah, you know women run your life when you're older.
Tell me about it. My wife never liked the WRX - too flashy apparently. It was Lightning Red and never ever left dirty.
Thankfully we both agreed with the Tesla - I think the near zero maintenance costs got her over the line - and we both think the MSM is a beautiful colour.

Reactions: Benzz
Tell me about it. My wife never liked the WRX - too flashy apparently. It was Lightning Red and never ever left dirty.
Thankfully we both agreed with the Tesla - I think the near zero maintenance costs got her over the line - and we both think the MSM is a beautiful colour.
Agreed, saw one in real life and the colour looked very nice glad that I listened to my daughters.
My wife actually liked the WRX but she is a bit of a hoon behind the wheels; she made sure that dual motor option is reserved for her model Y whenever it comes and RWD is enough for me because I am the slower driver.

Hopefully not much longer wait for you.