Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going with NRMA and also tossing up what to do. The 2 yrs replacement for a write off is only if not at fault and NRMA can claim against the other parties insurance. If they are uninsured or a tree falls on your car, assuming written off then it doesn't apply. In that case you get market value which might be significantly under replacement cost. Insurance is full of fine print.

Hmmm not sure that is actually correct. See the attached Terms and Conditions page 32 for this.
Must say the only words that worry me are currently available in Australia, but if push comes to shove, as Nobody Famous says above market value will at least what you paid for it or more.

View attachment 782407
NRMA do not insure Tesla in SA or WA. Using SGIC $810.18 Market Value, $500 excess.

Reactions: AdlM3
Oh boy, as someone who ordered an LR in early Feb I don't have high hopes of the 14-20 week estimate holding true... I'll be a bit sad if they bump the Q1 orders to Q3 delivery

14-20 weeks from 01/02/2022 would put you as a Q2 delivery. It all depends though how many LR and P they put down the production line.
Tesla may have say 500 orders for LR but if they scheduled to only build 450 of them then the remaining 50 will get bumped.
Of course colour combo then plays role in this too as there will be more White/Black in the 450 cars vs Red/White.
I believe all production for Q2 would have been locked by end of Feb at the very latest.

I ordered my model 3 long range on 15/11/21 in Brisbane, I think I have a VIN number on my account (RNXXXXXXXXX number?) When I ordered it, I was told I was on the list for the Feb/March shipment, but got a call that delivery has been delayed until late May.
The app no longer shows a estimated weeks range, and when I log into my account it just says that they will reach out with the final invoice.

How long roughly before the actual delivery do they send out the final invoice? I am worried that maybe I keep getting bumped because I haven't paid the final invoice I never received.
that’s unlucky
I ordered at almost the same time and my car is here - also M3LR
I never saw a VIN or an invoice until last week, but that might be because I’m leasing?
the extra hands involved in processing this have caused delays in paperwork and delivery but I’ll have the car next week

Sharing my experience might help someone in future.

Vehicle:M3 RWD, Grey
OD: 31/12/21
VIN: 24/2/22 (from final invoice)
Delivery est at order: 14-26 weeks (Was told by the SA after the demo to expect May)
Delivery est updated on 24/2/22: 16-31 March.
Delivery est updated on 16/3/22: 17-24 March.
Delivery est updated on 17/3/22: 24-30 March.
Still no delivery date for Mulgrave pickup. (19/03/2022).

Hopefully this week.

Reactions: ArdieLest
Picking up my car on Monday 21/03 at Alexandria, MSM black interior RWD. Official order 06/01/22 so 10 weeks and 4 days delivery time. Think I am considered quite lucky to have less than 12 weeks wait time.

I suspect LR and P orders got delayed because of battery shortage; think they are made by LG where as LFPs are made by CATL. Otherwise, I think UK orders maybe have been prioritised due to longer backlog.

That’s about it for me, all the best to you guys.

Ok...am jumping into this crazy ride:
Order date:16 Feb
TM3 RWD Metallic Silver.

Am one of those people who ordered just at the delivery extension time!

Anyone else with the same date?
Yep! I'm hoping a cancellation will fall my way, but to be honest I'm doing my best to put the car out of my mind for the next few months.

I'm failing miserably, mind you! 🤣

Reactions: trippa and Benzz