Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure that is the logic proposed by RMS. But I believe that more support should be given to Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) drivers to incentivise the uptake of BEVs. By having different badges on the BEVs (EV), versus Hybrid (HY), Versus PHEV (PV) versus Hydrogen (HD) you can allow access to transit lanes, parking and other benefits and anyone policing these doesn't need to be a car model expert to tell the difference.
But that would probably never happen here, so the argument is moot.

I like the idea. Could you imagine the vandalism from jealous types if EVs got priority parking and able to use certain transit lanes.

I am of the opinion that we all drive cars. Whether they are EV, ICE or Jet powered. We should all be able to use our cars for the same thing and nobody should get special treatment.

The only caveat to this is of course EV charging bays in places of course.

I ordered 06 Feb but as I'm getting a truck delivery to NQ my EDD has disappeared. Hopefully VIN Finder in Chrome will pick up something soon - fingers crossed I see something in April.
My build was 9/2 for a 9/12 order but that was still an 8-12 week delivery timeframe. So based on this (rough) logic you might still have a way to go before your car is built. If it doesn't get built around the 9/4 I'd assume you'd be in the next Qtr window (so 9/7) they can't allocate you a VIN until they've built the car.

Don't stress about the EDD disappearing its common with third party deliveries.

The glorious day when VIN Finder changes from No VIN found to You have been assigned a VIN will come soon enough!

Last edited:
Picked up the new baby today. Initial thoughts:

Wow she's beautiful. Looks great in real life, better than pics and vids. Love the deep blue!

Quality is excellent. Inside and out. Feels premium.

The ride is firm yet comfortable. The driver's seat is very comfortable, yet to prove itself on long distances.

The acceleration - wow. Coming from a 9 second ICE car this feels like a supercar. Not sure I want it any faster. My friend's Performance feels downright painful. I suspect the base model is plenty quick too.

Got it with 95% charge. After 5km with aircon dropped to 94%. Sat in the car with the aircon on fiddling with the screen and lost another 1% after what felt like 10 mins. The screen by the way is clear and responsive. Ryzen confirmed.

Overall, this could be love!

Best of luck with your cars and journeys friends. See you on the road.

Attachments

• 20220325_152450.jpg
    20220325_152450.jpg
    696.6 KB · Views: 97

Wow she's beautiful. Looks great in real life, better than pics and vids. Love the deep blue!

The ride is firm yet comfortable. The driver's seat is very comfortable, yet to prove itself on long distances.

The acceleration - wow. Coming from a 9 second ICE car this feels like a supercar. Not sure I want it any faster. My friend's Performance feels downright painful. I suspect the base model is plenty quick too.

Got it with 95% charge. After 5km with aircon dropped to 94%. Sat in the car with the aircon on fiddling with the screen and lost another 1% after what felt like 10 mins. The screen by the way is clear and responsive. Ryzen confirmed.

Congratulations! I was so close to picking the blue but went the Midnight Silver - looks beautiful.

Reactions: MThreeLR
I ordered 06 Feb but as I'm getting a truck delivery to NQ my EDD has disappeared. Hopefully VIN Finder in Chrome will pick up something soon - fingers crossed I see something in April.

I am FNQ as well. Our EDD will never appear as we get the vehicle freighted to us. Chrome VIN finder will still work though and mid April is when the next lot of VINs will likely come out.

Reactions: PcS000

Good to know that you have become a delighted new owner. Safe and happy kms to you. Reminders like yours that the car is well worth the wait, plus all the useful info of course, helps while languishing in the waiting room.

Folks,

Would you recommend PPF or Ceramic coating for the TM3?

I am sure this would have been discussed earlier.

Alao Any recommendations in Sydney and any TMC discounts available?

Happy Tesla-ing :)
From experience with 2 cars over the past 6 years I would highly recommend ceramic coating mainly as it makes the car super easy to wash and does protect the paintwork from damage due to bird and bat soiling. It also maintains and enhances the shine for many years keeping that better than new car look for longer.

PPF whilst great at protecting the paintwork from stone chips is expensive so if you don’t do much country travel then may not be worth the investment. You can just cover selected areas such as the bonnet and side guards at lesser cost but again you need to ask yourself can you put up with some chips and what is a chip free car worth to you.

Reactions: Raol
Pick up our LR yesterday. Fit and finish is first rate in my opinion and the paintwork is near perfect.

Ride is a little firm around town at lower speeds (improved by dropping the tyre pressure a little) but becomes more compliant as speed rises. Stability and solidness are really noticeable at all times.

Performace and drivetrain smoothness are naturally stunning when compared to an ICE car with immediate and adjustable throttle response - just brilliant!

On a 200km return freeway trip today, 100-110kph plus a bit of heavy traffic and stop start, the car used 147Wh/km. So also very impressed with economy particularly when you consider the performance.

Brilliant car, love it already.

All you people still waiting are in for a huge treat. Trust me the wait is well worth it.

1648194011921.jpeg

Last edited:
OMG.... it took me so long to finally read thought this thread.... Thx for everyone who has posted and shared info.

I have been eyeing out for a M3P since the start of the 4th qtr last year tossing up between new upcoming RS3 or CLA45. At the time, I think i could have gotten a M3P from the inventory. How quickly thing change in a few month... After seeing an increase of $1000 early this month for RWD/LR I fianlly booked a test drive on 15th Mar last Friday only to see the price of M3P go up by over $5000 2 days before my test drive. TBH, i love the emotion of ICE and I own many Audi/BMW with stage 1/2 tune so I was a little unsure about EV (coz there is no real aftermarket performance mod esp for M3P). I probably will consider test driving the new RS3 when it is release in a few month while waiting for M3P which 6-9 month away for me. I figure $350 deposit is a no brainert as there will be more painful increase in coming month esp when we are all looking at a possible MY23 for guys order today plus the resale is very good. Still wish I paid the $350 when I booked the test drive... god damn it!!!

Amazing how things change right. I had the same thought but ultimately booked on Jan 17th for a M3RWD and went for a test drive and looking at Q2 for my delivery. The last few weeks have been a crazy learning process for how fast things can change.

Hope you get the car you want!

Reactions: Benzz
NXTZEN pics as promised. Very happy with the finished product. Tint windows only 35%

8FA78D7C-3636-4990-99D8-AB6A601C9650.jpeg

Attachments

• FAB74250-E664-48B1-BC16-3CBE1558F4FB.jpeg
    FAB74250-E664-48B1-BC16-3CBE1558F4FB.jpeg
    532.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 433689A9-AB62-481E-933F-F4D15AC2BB82.jpeg
    433689A9-AB62-481E-933F-F4D15AC2BB82.jpeg
    609.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 8F6D7AB6-BA82-4EC6-92F0-316D3D06F49A.jpeg
    8F6D7AB6-BA82-4EC6-92F0-316D3D06F49A.jpeg
    613.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 3DEA1F32-D9A0-454C-8FBA-C563A4EE6D95.jpeg
    3DEA1F32-D9A0-454C-8FBA-C563A4EE6D95.jpeg
    521 KB · Views: 80
  • 207C4CAD-3483-40A5-9A9B-F1280C8F2510.jpeg
    207C4CAD-3483-40A5-9A9B-F1280C8F2510.jpeg
    657.1 KB · Views: 63
  • AD99205F-0E96-4FCC-B759-444154480B53.jpeg
    AD99205F-0E96-4FCC-B759-444154480B53.jpeg
    629.4 KB · Views: 67
Pick up our LR yesterday. Fit and finish is first rate in my opinion and the paintwork is near perfect.

Ride is a little firm around town at lower speeds (improved by dropping the tyre pressure a little) but becomes more compliant as speed rises. Stability and solidness are really noticeable at all times.

Performace and drivetrain smoothness are naturally stunning when compared to an ICE car with immediate and adjustable throttle response - just brilliant!

On a 200km return freeway trip today, 100-110kph plus a bit of heavy traffic and stop start, the car used 147Wh/km. So also very impressed with economy particularly when you consider the performance.

All you people still waiting are in for a huge treat. Trust me the wait is well worth it.

View attachment 785565
congrats looks amazing! very happy for you!
What was your order date if you dont mind me asking?

Looks like there is enough demand in little old Adelaide to warrant pushing them out via a delivery hub than just dropping them off now (easier and cheaper for Tesla too). Those of us lucky enough to be getting it this week seem to be the first to use it (even some people a couple of weeks ago were still getting them delivered) but I would assume this delivery site will be the way moving forward at least for metro deliveries.
Nice to see the increasing orders for Tesla. Need to all catch up. I am still waiting for mine. Ordered Jan 17.

Reactions: MrLaforge
Had my RWD for a week now and came back to this thread to give my 50c review, some comparisons to my ex-ICE (2015 WRX)

Quality and delivery
Build quality is good, only noticed a slight (mm difference) panel gap on the driver side rear panel, which is so minor that I won't do anything about it. There was no issue with the paint.
On delivery, the exterior was clean without scratches or marks, however, there were some grease marks on the seats and door trim.
RWD came with floor mats but they feel kind of low quality and thin, replaced with all-weather rubber mats.
The delivery process was smooth and quick, with lots of smiles; attentive (and attractive) staff (Alexandria).
A quick note, be sure you check for number plate covers, they forgot to put them in the boot and I had to ask for them.

Drive Mode
Coming from ICE cars, I had it creep mode for the first 48hrs then switched to hold. Once you get used to it, hold mode is easier to live with, the creep mode is so slow that it doesn't drive like an automatic ICE anyway. The challenge is reverse parallel parking using hold mode; practiced a few times and getting the hang of it now. As a side note, on downslopes, it takes a little more distance to hold the car once you let go of the acceleration padel, panic stomp on the break when I noticed this the first time.

UI/Tech/Aircon
No complaints coming from a base model WRX that still has a CD player. The complimentary Spotify account was great and kids enjoyed the "car iPad" games. Ryzen is fast, navigation and map loading are on par with late iPhones. Voice recognition is a 50/50 hit and miss; worse if you try voice input indigenous street/place names. Aircon is much better than any of the ICE cars I ever owned, set it on auto and it delivered the temp you want. Kids love the fart and Christmas modes, lots of laughter and joy.

Seats/Ergonomics/Vision/Cargo
Seats are very comfortable and there are plenty of adjustments to suit all builds, but big drivers might find the seats a little narrow, tall driver might find it a little short on thigh support. Rearward vision is pretty bad, to be honest, and side mirrors are small. Forward vision is great but A-pillar is quite thick.
Cargo space is fine for a family of five doing urban runs, we loaded the car with groceries in the frunk, pram in the back plus school and sports bags. Baby seat behind the driver and still enough room for two kids (no booster) at the back.

Performance/Handling
This part is very subjective, it really depends on what kind of cars you're coming from so I can only compare it with the WRX.
Accelerating from a standing start, I could feel the power being held back like the battery was low on voltage or amps. The old WRX definitely felt faster from a standing start but I will give it being 4WD vs RWD traction. Once you pass the 30kph mark, WRX wouldn't stand a chance. There is a constant supply of torque uninterrupted by any kind of gear changes (there is none). Rolling acceleration is most fun, I slow down to about 40kph on an 80kph speed limit road, and without any other cars around, I floor the "gas"; for the first time in my life, I heard my wife scream when I accelerate and to put it in context, I drove her in an Audi RS5 before. It was doing illegal speed before the fun could end and I had to quickly slow it down. Yes, a V8 or twin-turbos might outrun it eventually but the rolling acceleration fun is just something different from an ICE car, using it too much makes your kids love you more but puts your marriage at risk.
I know P and LR are much quicker but unless you know a good chiro for neck strain and have unlimited demerit points; RWD would be more than fine for urban runs.
Handling wise, I have to give it to the WRX, there is no doubt that the Tesla feels very steady and nimble, steering is also very direct, but you just don't get the same feedback as in a lighter 4WD. It corners well and has a much more comfortable suspension than the WRX but I wouldn't call the handling "fun"; I would just call it "accurate and predictable".

Charging/Range anxiety
No range anxiety doing 30-50km per day, been charging it to 100% pretty much every night during off-peak using only the UMC that came with the car, plugged into a standard wall socket, gets a little more than just 3% every hour. Free charge to 100% once using a Tesla destination charger while the wife shopped at Coles, she couldn't be more impressed given the current petrol price. Using the mobile app to manage the charging schedule is more intuitive than using the "iPad" in the car.
For long trips that we often do with other families, we still plan to use our 7 seater ICE so we don’t make others wait or change routes if we have to charge.

Summary
Overall, very happy with the purchase, it is by far the best all-rounder car I've bought. Not the champion in every single category but it's practical, comfortable, entertaining for all ages and most of all, no more panic checking fuel app daily.

Last edited:

View attachment 785565
Congratulations. It looks fantastic!