Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh i didn't mean you are a pessimist. I meant the general optimism/pessimism dynamic in the thread. It's a long running theme.

I'm waiting for evidence. Because all accounts today, without exception, are anecdotal. And the huge new member influx is suss. I will accept any non-anecdotal evidence presented. However...
Accepting multiple reports (at least 1/2 doz) of tesla SAs telling people that Australia is getting no cars this quarter, after the factory and its suppliers have been shutdown for weeks is not pessimism, and there is total silence on the VIN front. , its realism.

Can you see how it appears to others that you are grasping at straws when you ignore these reports because the accounts aren't months old frequent posters (some are new today, some are weeks old) , and then you start counting what colour cars these reports come from?

Reactions: DrewBytes
Accepting multiple reports (at least 1/2 doz) of tesla SAs telling people that Australia is getting no cars this quarter, after the factory and its suppliers have been shutdown for weeks is not pessimism, and there is total silence on the VIN front. , its realism.

Can you see how it appears to others that you are grasping at straws when you ignore these reports because the accounts aren't months old frequent posters (some are new today, some are weeks old) , and then you start counting what colour cars these reports come from?
Carrying on like a tit doesn't make you right, just unpleasant. You're miserable, I get it, doesn't mean you have to preach it like a gospel.

It's a pain though because they have a max deposit, I think from memory I couldn't make a deposit of more than half the car. Will just save up the repayments instead and use that when it arrives :)
I'm gonna try see if they'll alter the approved financing upon delivery. I mean, it's not asking to borrow more money, it's asking to borrow less. Not a guarantee. At the absolute worst, will give me a huge buffer of repayments on hand in case anything might go wrong with my world.

I ordered a M3 LR white/black on 03/12/21. My SA called in mid-Feb to let me know that my order had been delayed until Q2. Haven't head anything since.

It sounds like I should expect another phone call in the next few days with more bad news.
I order the same M3 long range on 02/12 /21 never had a call from my SA after my enquiry a few weeks ago said late May early June have not anything since

Why is it so important to you that i believe this?

Reactions: Cmoney991 and penn_
It would be interesting to know which SA's in Sydney have been in touch. We have three, Chatswood, Alexandria and Miranda. My order is from Chatswood and I have not heard a peep out of them since the order went in on the 26/01/22.

And as impatient as I am to get my car, I am reminded that the reason for the delay is that the folks making our cars are dealing with some horrendous conditions due to government restrictions.

I ordered a LR and I’ve heard nothing and Account still says the same, 14 - 20 weeks
Where can I find this potential delivery time? Can somebody post a pic of where to see it on your account or the App?

It showed 5 - 7 months when placing the order, but nothing has showed since. When ordering I received & RN number ni the account (And the wall charger has turned up waiting to be installed) and nothing else, no correspondence or SA (Sales something??). I only have "We will shortly upload a copy of your final invoice to your Tesla account." and that has been there since the day I ordered.

To pass the time I double click on my red Tesla on the dashboard and watch it rotate upside down. It is the only confirmation I have that one might be coming my way down under.

It would be interesting to know which SA's in Sydney have been in touch. We have three, Chatswood, Alexandria and Miranda. My order is from Chatswood and I have not heard a peep out of them since the order went in on the 26/01/22.

And as impatient as I am to get my car, I am reminded that the reason for the delay is that the folks making our cars are dealing with some horrendous conditions due to government restrictions.
Parramatta

M3 LR Blue with black.. order date 26/11/2021, originally 8-12 weeks, then 14-20 weeks and then showing nothing (for months now).

Just had "the call" from Tesla SA. No cars until 2nd half 2022. Seemed like she had a prepared script and not really any useful information. I'm clinging to the hope that "2nd half" starts in July and at least the 2021 orders might get delivered early in 2nd half. I'm 67 years old and I have never waited more than 3-4 days for a car, so this is a new experience. I'm also hoping that they are "under promising" and will now "over deliver" (the reverse of what they have done so far. I'm sure glad I didn't sell my car in January!!!!
My order is from Miranda. Also received an email from the SA with basically the text she read over the phone.