Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got a very low interest rate from the bank. 2.29% I know this sounds strange and I didn't know they could do it. They offered us a home loan over 7 yrs at this rate on variable interest to use to purchase the Tesla. Put the money straight into our account and we started paying the loan off. Don't know if they offer it to everyone, we do have 3 home loans with them. One thing about the extra wait, we'll have thousands paid off before we even get it 😅

• Informative
Reactions: Ormaus
Important context to know about Tesla is that they’re a very fluid company. They’ll make really quick re-prioritisation decisions that can change things in an instant.
That’s why SAs can’t give any of us anything concrete, current plans could change at the drop of a hat.

A friend of mine works for Tesla and I’ve been quizzing him about the delays. Any date you’ve been given is made up. That includes Q4. Nobody knows.

People that are saying Q4 etc are just trying to under promise and over deliver.
What we do know is that Tesla is trying hard to clear the backlog and that there are specific plans being discussed for Australia. Whether they go ahead/get changed is another matter.

And if you fancy a nice summary on why are other countries jumping the queue ahead of us, here you are: Why can’t you get an EV right now?

If I were a betting man, I’d be placing my money on late August for mostly catching Q2 up.

Agree with the comments of don’t take it out on the SAs. They’re trying to do the best with what they have. Yes, it’s frustrating. What about COVID hasn’t been? (Other than an increased rate of wearing sweatpants).

We got a very low interest rate from the bank. 2.29% I know this sounds strange and I didn't know they could do it. They offered us a home loan over 7 yrs at this rate on variable interest to use to purchase the Tesla. Put the money straight into our account and we started paying the loan off. Don't know if they offer it to everyone, we do have 3 home loans with them. One thing about the extra wait, we'll have thousands paid off before we even get it 😅
I'm doing similar at 2.49% but even better the money goes into the offset account so while we have to do repayments, there is no interest until we pay for the Tesla.

Got the call and the email. Poor guy. He has a list of 100. He was grateful for a call that was civil! Has been getting a lot of flack from some customers.
Like everyone else "sometime in the second half" was the delivery time.

I used to think it will be so nice to turn on the heated seats and warm up the car before heading off to work. Now with the new delivery time I think I'll start dreaming about turning on the AC to cool the car down before heading home from work.

Reactions: SteveM63 and Ormaus
I got my phone call yesterday. I was under the impression that only M3RWD was being made in Shanghai and the LR and P models were being made in USA, probably in Fremont. So I thought I was immune to all that was happening in China. My SA had no idea about this and said all Australian models being made in China since they first started making Australian models. When did Shanghai start making LR and P?

Ordered 14/1/22, EDD 12-20 weeks 22/4-3/6 blown out to Q3+, M3LR White/Black