Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People will go insane over that.. But Tesla fires are far more rare than ICE fires.

"Pinfa (Phosphorous, Inorganic and Nitrogen Flame Retardants Association) suggested around 55 fires per billion miles traveled in ICEs compared to 5 fires per billion miles traveled for EVs. A recent study conducted by AutoInsuranceEZ using data from the NTSB (National Transportation Safety Board) showed that electric cars in the US caught fire at a rate of 25.1 per 100,000 sales compared to 1,530 for ICE vehicles and 3,475 for hybrids."

Reactions: rtvanda
People will go insane over that.. But Tesla fires are far more rare than ICE fires.

"Pinfa (Phosphorous, Inorganic and Nitrogen Flame Retardants Association) suggested around 55 fires per billion miles traveled in ICEs compared to 5 fires per billion miles traveled for EVs. A recent study conducted by AutoInsuranceEZ using data from the NTSB (National Transportation Safety Board) showed that electric cars in the US caught fire at a rate of 25.1 per 100,000 sales compared to 1,530 for ICE vehicles and 3,475 for hybrids."

Doesn't really look like a battery fire - probably dropped a cigarette on the seat :) - it went out far too quickly for the actual pack to be on fire.

Reactions: Hoopyfrood
Well that’s great news. Hopefully us 14-20 weekers may actually start getting VINS / delivery days within the next month. Not holding my breath though.

Reactions: Hoopyfrood
Maybe this is old news, but I found a different site that can give you the position of a ship within a few hours. What I had been using could only give me current position when it is near to land. Just google ' "ship name" current position ' and look down the list of hits for shipfix.com. e.g. 'Turandot current position' and you should see that 4 hours ago it was north of Wewak. Do all the cars get offloaded in Port Kembla and then trucked to Melbourne and Brisbane? That would explain why they told me 2-3 weeks to delivery and others are saying 24th June - 30th June. Exciting isn't it. Are we having fun yet (again). (I know, easy for me to say now that I have an imminent arrival).
This seems to have stopped working today. Last position I had for Turandot was east of Townsville. It is due into Brisbane tomorrow.

Maybe this is old news, but I found a different site that can give you the position of a ship within a few hours. What I had been using could only give me current position when it is near to land. Just google ' "ship name" current position ' and look down the list of hits for shipfix.com. e.g. 'Turandot current position' and you should see that 4 hours ago it was north of Wewak. Do all the cars get offloaded in Port Kembla and then trucked to Melbourne and Brisbane? That would explain why they told me 2-3 weeks to delivery and others are saying 24th June - 30th June. Exciting isn't it. Are we having fun yet (again). (I know, easy for me to say now that I have an imminent arrival).
This seems to have stopped working today. The last position I had for Turandot was east of Townsville. Due into Brisbane tomorrow.