Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No M3 VINs reported so far today.

I've decided not to track MY VINs as (1) this is the M3 Waiting Room and (2) MY purchasers haven't been waiting in the order queue for long, so it can be heart breaking for M3 purchasers to see someone who ordered a MY a week ago or so already getting a VIN when they have been waiting in some cases 7 months or more.

But to those MY people out there with VINs, all the more power to you! Just keep it down in the M3 room :)

Based on the spreadsheet, I'd expect to hear VIN allocation from:
RWD - @MonsterRat (17/1)
LR - @Mrhany (26/11), @breezy_tesla (1/12), hopefully soon @Luddo (8/1)
P - anyone?!

View attachment 822064
Haven't check the account for a while, looks like there is some update? not sure what that means..
1656485221502.png

I find that really annoying (not you, Tesla). I assumed that my January order for a Model 3 would get priority over a new order in June for a Model Y. If I had known that Tesla would prioritise the newer orders, I might have switched to a Y. 😞
Couldn’t agree more. A bit disappointing that Y orders are being filled before M3 orders from months ago… I get they are different production lines but still annoying. Hopefully we see VINs for early 2022 orders sooner than later

Just rang the support and was told "I will be very surprised if the allocation hasn't happened to your car in the next one or two weeks. The system is just doing allocation in batches to avoid overloading."

2nd of March 2022 Reservation.
I’m thinking this is correct. From what I’ve read the m3 and my production lines run simultaneously so it makes sense to me this is a vin allocation hold up rather then a production problem. I’ll be interested to see what happens next week assuming the reported my production line shuts down for the upgrade.

Spoken like a champ
No M3 VINs reported so far today.

I've decided not to track MY VINs as (1) this is the M3 Waiting Room and (2) MY purchasers haven't been waiting in the order queue for long, so it can be heart breaking for M3 purchasers to see someone who ordered a MY a week ago or so already getting a VIN when they have been waiting in some cases 7 months or more.

But to those MY people out there with VINs, all the more power to you! Just keep it down in the M3 room :)
Spoken like a champion @Ormaus 👍