Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning all. We are M3LR White/Black Melbs OD 1/12 - can those who have received VINS tell me how they received them? Email? Our account is now showing 'pay now' button, but thought we would receive a VIN before that...Also, could someone provide a link to the spreadsheet - can't seem to find it. Many thanks.
OMG so just checked source code with the correct LRW, instead of 5YJ and IT IS THERE!!!!
I wonder why SA couldn't see this in our account though? Do they get notified later when it's been matched? Should we now expect to get a formal email with the VIN? Should we pay before we get it 'officially'?

Are there any mods of this forum that can remove the unnecessary negativity that seems to have crept in?

Vins are being assigned, cars have just been delivered and more are on their way. We should be celebrating in here because it looks like it's all starting to happen.

• Love
Reactions: j4rryd
OMG so just checked source code with the correct LRW, instead of 5YJ and IT IS THERE!!!!
I wonder why SA couldn't see this in our account though? Do they get notified later when it's been matched? Should we now expect to get a formal email with the VIN? Should we pay before we get it 'officially'?
Nice one!

I think the SA gets notified at the same time as it becomes official in your account.

General advice seems to be to get payment prepared but make it a few days before delivery date. Some suggest making a $1 payment to verify that your details are correct etc. You're ahead of me in the process but I believe the next step is receiving an invoice and estimated delivery date range, and after that you'll receive an SMS to pick the delivery (collection) date/time.

Meant to also say, you have the VIN so that car is already matched and assigned to you. Have never heard of a VIN being unmatched. Time to crack open a beer and celebrate I reckon!

Reactions: New Tech Bj
Wowsers! I give it a rest for a couple of days and come back to a couple of vins and absolute chaos! Nothing for me yet but keenly watching those LR vins (with an appropriately skeptical eye). It'll take more than a day to convince me this isn't just a PR exercise. But good to see the bowel movements starting up.

So what's the go? A few assigned and then a stop?

Good to see the Orwellian 'positivity' police out in force. War is peace. Probably tempting fate with that comment. Haha!

Yay for you!!!!

Not sure what the SA's can/can't see or why they don't have the same information, but I think you need the final invoice for payment. Personally, I wouldn't pay until I HAD to, as there is still a bit of a wait until the car arrives...

Maybe you could go accessory shopping instead? 😁😉

• Love
Reactions: breezy_1974
Nice one!

I think the SA gets notified at the same time as it becomes official in your account.

General advice seems to be to get payment prepared but make it a few days before delivery date. Some suggest making a $1 payment to verify that your details are correct etc. You're ahead of me in the process but I believe the next step is receiving an invoice and estimated delivery date range, and after that you'll receive an SMS to pick the delivery (collection) date/time.
Yeah my SA said if i'm looking at the source code, then i'll know before she does. Email to them and SMS to us is the same time.

Reactions: breezy_1974
Wowsers! I give it a rest for a couple of days and come back to a couple of vins and absolute chaos! Nothing for me yet but keenly watching those LR vins (with an appropriately skeptical eye). It'll take more than a day to convince me this isn't just a PR exercise. But good to see the bowel movements starting up.

Good to see the Orwellian 'positivity' police out in force. War is peace. Probably tempting fate with that comment. Haha!
Here's fate. I can't let Karen behaviour alone. Yes I finally got a VIN. I thought Hoopyfrood must have done his "thing" and a few of us need to eat humble pie now that we see that the flea on the tail can actually wag the dog after all! What exactly did you do? Last I saw you were charging up to the old mill with a pitchfork and torch complaining how no one was following.

Last edited:
Reactions: New Tech Bj
Good to have you back on deck Hoopy. Yep seems that way re the VINs coming then stopping.

• Love
Reactions: Hoopyfrood
For those that have received, do you get notification to check your app/account, or is it just pot luck you did check? I don't normally look at the app, too depressing, so if there is something there to do, I'll probably not see it for a while....

For those that have received, do you get notification to check your app/account, or is it just pot luck you did check? I don't normally look at the app, too depressing, so if there is something there to do, I'll probably not see it for a while....
Not sure about the notification part (I'm still waiting too). But I think before the VIN appears in source code you need to have accepted the range and radar changes via app/account. Maybe someone who has received a VIN this week can confirm or correct this.

Reactions: Ormaus
There seems to be a few signs:

1) You'll have a new screen on your profile page asking to confirm the change to Vision from Radar, and if you have LR a few km shorter range
2) You can check the source code, or use the Chrome extension to check for VIN
3) Your app will ask for bluetooth permissions
4) You'll maybe get an invoice for the car
5) You'll get a pay button

• Helpful
Reactions: Redrum
Just happened to check as we had a new ‘pay now’ button in account. We were wondering why we would pay without a VIN, and then checked the source code. No official message from Tesla.

Just happened to check as we had a new ‘pay now’ button in account. We were wondering why we would pay without a VIN, and then checked the source code. No official message from Tesla.
Dont forget to change your sig :)

1656552514510.png