Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes but there's no evidence that any of those things are causing the issues. There are plenty of M3s being produced and shipped to other markets. The issue is very few are being directed to our market. I doubt shipping or anything else is the constraint, just not getting prioritised.
Therefore, why do you think there are plenty of Model y are being shipped to Australia but not Model 3s? Even New Zealand M3 reservations have moved a lot. If there's same amount of resource etc we should see comparable amount of both coming in to our market?

Therefore, why do you think there are plenty of Model y are being shipped to Australia but not Model 3s? Even New Zealand M3 reservations have moved a lot. If there's same amount of resource etc we should see comparable amount of both coming in to our market?
I am hopeful based on the initial evidence we will start to see this over the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed

That's smart, the best way to tackle the increasing interest rates. I waited to long to put in my application thinking what if it expires, and now I have to apply for one with higher interest rates at 4.99% before it goes up even further.

Can you please let me know how was your application process with Macquarie and what is the early pay off fee they charge ?

And may I know your OD please ?
With another RBA rise expected in August and one more in Q4 potentially, both of which may be as high as another 50bps each, it's worth considering where you're at in your application expiring and what rate you may end up on for sure.

Order process was more involved that both Pepper and Plenti (Macquarie ask for more detailed living costs and payslips where Pepper and Plenti was a basic questionnaire kinda thing). Benefit of Macquarie is that they hold the rate until your application comes up for renewal. Plenti and Pepper apply their rate changes to your current application as soon as they make the change.
Early pay off fee? I'd have to check, I'm only financing a portion and had no intention of paying it off early so didn't pay much attention to it.

OD 10/2, M3P, White/Black. No VIN (of course)

Reactions: Greyalset
Your use of quotes answers the question on whether it's newsworthy.

There's a lot of stress and frustration already in this thread. It's best just to stick to the facts and what has been learnt about how Tesla operates from past experience.

If one of the new VINs today gets an invoice that shows a build date beyond July 2, that's newsworthy.
I'll report as soon as I see one.

One good thing is at least Tesla is honouring the price you pay based on order date time.

Kia isn't on their EV6

This means $5k more on the EV6 Air plus you will loose out now on not getting (in NSW $3,000) EV cash rebate too as it's over the threshold now.

Last edited:
One good thins is at least Tesla is honouring the price you pay based on order date time.

Kia isn't on their EV6

This means $5k more on the EV6 Air plus you will loose out now on not getting (in NSW $3,000 EV cash rebate too) as it's over the threshold now.
Geez I can only imagine the chaos on this forum if Tesla tried the same thing!!

This claim about prioritising Y over 3 continues to make zero sense. They are effectively unrelated
Unrelated production-wise, but it is the broken promise at the Brand level. If the experience of obtaining a Tesla is unbearable for a cohort, the entire brand is threatened (bad word of mouth etc, not sure I am currently recommending a Tesla to my friends).

It won't bring our cars any sooner, but I agree, the fact they don't seem to care about an entire group of customers is not very.... 'successful business like'

Looks like there might be some new hotness coming in the Ioniq 6 with a N upgrade.
ZZA0CFz.jpg

bring our cars any sooner, but I agree, the fact they don't seem to care about an entire group of customers is not very.... 'successful business like'
Aus 3 buyers are in the same position as 3 buyers in UK and Europe - some cars got delayed due to Covid shutdowns.

Aus Y buyers simply got fortunate that Tesla had effectively reserved slots as though they had ordered in December or March. If anything it's Y buyers in other countries who have seen the Aussie orders push in.

I'm just going to extend my lease by six months and just forget about the entire thing.

Back in Feb finance was 2.99% which would have expired by now so majority are on 3.99% waiting on cars. These will most likely expire in August some time so bring on 4.99%. There will be mass cancellations if people budgeted for 2.99% I can tell you that right now.
I won’t cancel if I lose my interest rate, but I will resell