Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is not good. Yes, the best interest rate is 4.99% at the moment( pepper and macquarie), if that is the case I think its better going with Macquarie, they lock in your interest rate 3 months + 3 months.

What is your OD ? It might might be OK for now but there are chances of the interest rate going up before we get the VIN allocated.

I read somewhere in this forum saying Pepper were locking the interest rates at least for 3 months, may be its changed now ?
My order date is 28/1 - hanging in there to see if I get an allocation within the next week to save the hassle of reapplying elsewhere. If there are only forklifts coming out of Shang Hai for the next few weeks, then I will probably look at someone else to lock in the rate.
The person I spoke to at Pepper said they are not locking in the rates....

My order date is 28/1 - hanging in there to see if I get an allocation within the next week to save the hassle of reapplying elsewhere. If there are only forklifts coming out of Shang Hai for the next few weeks, then I will probably look at someone else to lock in the rate.
The person I spoke to at Pepper said they are not locking in the rates....
28/1.... you are almost there, hope you receive your VIN soon and avoid the hassle. I am thinking to get it approved with Macquarie and hoping they still lock in the rate for coming 6 months and hope I get my VIN within 6 months.

Does anyone else think the majority of 3's will come on the Viking Passama? Just doesn't seem to be many going on Morning Crystal given they haven't really been spotted (reference Wu Wa).
Not sure where they are, they exist (build dates in the past) and they arent at the factory yard (Wu Wa / Jason Yang videos show that) and they arent visible at the terminal. However the Wu Wa video also showed what might be multi level parking buildings as well. So maybe in there?

Entirely possibly some will come on MC and some on VP.

I could definitely be wrong here but my SA led me to believe that your position in the queue was effected by things like how quickly you completed all the "next steps" in your account, which included securing financing if you had selected that as your method of payment. Which is why I got that all done within a few days of ordering... was anyone else told that?

I could definitely be wrong here but my SA led me to believe that your position in the queue was effected by things like how quickly you completed all the "next steps" in your account, which included securing financing if you had selected that as your method of payment. Which is why I got that all done within a few days of ordering... was anyone else told that?
Yeah i was told the same.

• Informative
Reactions: j4rryd
Just curious, my OD is 14/3/22 EDD was 5-7 months back then now it is Aug-Nov. What are my chances of getting the car this year ?
Just want be prepared for the worst.

There's no promises that can be made. I'm a couple of weeks before you, and I personally feel confident that if not in this current batch (arriving August), then November is much more likely. Before Christmas, I feel good about it. But can't promise you anything, just vague hopes.

Not sure where they are, they exist (build dates in the past) and they arent at the factory yard (Wu Wa / Jason Yang videos show that) and they arent visible at the terminal. However the Wu Wa video also showed what might be multi level parking buildings as well. So maybe in there?

Entirely possibly some will come on MC and some on VP.
Yep I agree. It just seems strange that we have some drip fed VINs but not massive quantities. I can't see them not doing a large M3 run given the UK aren't expecting a ship until later in the month and the line will be closed down then (judging by the UK shipping movements thread).

Check them all. And do the same every year. Everyone's address, age, prior claims is different and it vastly changes the quotes provided.
In general the budget insurers aren't good for new premium vehicles.
Dont forget the loyalty penalty that is in pretty much every insurer.
The longer you stay the more the insurance rates slowly rise until they are above (and sometimes way above) market.

Check every year.

Friend of mine does so through a broker for all their insurance every year and does really well out it. Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: Hot_Since_77
Who is everyone going through for their M3 Car Insurance. Who do people suggest? I have currently been with Budget Direct for the past 5 years. Not sure if it is worth sticking with them or not.
Couple of weeks ago that question prompted me to get some quotes. AAMI [where ihave my ICE] ~$1800.00. RACQ [where i have my house] $900ish.
I know where i'm going.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormaus
Yep I agree. It just seems strange that we have some drip fed VINs but not massive quantities. I can't see them not doing a large M3 run given the UK aren't expecting a ship until later in the month and the line will be closed down then (judging by the UK shipping movements thread).
The drip feeding might be as they are building them too. Weird as that might sound.

We have some cars 30/6, a few 4/7 and the recent LRs (and maybe Ps) seem like they are 10/7.

So maybe instead of RHD and LHD major batches, they do big RWD, smaller LR and P batches with smaller RHD/LHD sub batches in each of the major batches? *shrug*

Reactions: axelfair89