Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3P - Delivered ... (Brisbane)

Worth the wait :)

1718952257298.png

Grats! Nice choice of colour :)

P.S. I think with our batteries, we need to charge to 80% for day to day use but happy to be corrected.
Don't "need to" just to be clear, ie if you only use say 5-10% each day, there's nothing wrong with waiting till the end of the week and charging when it's most convenient, just depends on your power plan and what works out best for you.

For me my best prices are during the day, so I generally charge once a week unless I know I am going to need to go somewhere during the week that requires more % than I have.

Don't "need to" just to be clear, ie if you only use say 5-10% each day, there's nothing wrong with waiting till the end of the week and charging when it's most convenient, just depends on your power plan and what works out best for you.

For me my best prices are during the day, so I generally charge once a week unless I know I am going to need to go somewhere during the week that requires more % than I have.
Out of interest, and excuse me if I should ask this question in a different thread (although it might be useful info for people learning while waiting for delivery like I did)…

When people only charge once a week or so yet have to drive to work on these cold winter mornings, what combination of toggles do you use to precondition the battery and cabin without charging the battery? Or do you not precondition and just get in and go?

I plug in every night not only to take advantage of the 8c/kwh night rate from midnight to 6am, but also because when it’s 3deg outside the car is 21.5deg, warm seats and steering wheel and the battery is good to go.

I’m just curious (and open to learning from anyone!)

Reactions: Jules22
Out of interest, and excuse me if I should ask this question in a different thread (although it might be useful info for people learning while waiting for delivery like I did)…

When people only charge once a week or so yet have to drive to work on these cold winter mornings, what combination of toggles do you use to precondition the battery and cabin without charging the battery? Or do you not precondition and just get in and go?

I plug in every night not only to take advantage of the 8c/kwh night rate from midnight to 6am, but also because when it’s 3deg outside the car is 21.5deg, warm seats and steering wheel and the battery is good to go.

I’m just curious (and open to learning from anyone!)
Yeah, I normally just hit pre-condition about 10 mins before I leave, (sometimes forget and it really doesn't make THAT much difference, car seems to heat up fairly quickly and that's with -3, -4 here at the moment).

The other reason I do weekly is I like to keep the battery around the ~50% mark as often as possible as I feel that is best for battery life. Probably doesn't make that much difference over the life of the battery though, so I think whatever works best for each individual circumstance is fine, just as long as people know they don't HAVE to charge up to any certain percentage every day etc.

• Informative
Reactions: dronus
Yeah, I normally just hit pre-condition about 10 mins before I leave, (sometimes forget and it really doesn't make THAT much difference, car seems to heat up fairly quickly and that's with -3, -4 here at the moment).

The other reason I do weekly is I like to keep the battery around the ~50% mark as often as possible as I feel that is best for battery life. Probably doesn't make that much difference over the life of the battery though, so I think whatever works best for each individual circumstance is fine, just as long as people know they don't HAVE to charge up to any certain percentage every day etc.
I think the orange icon means it is cooking bacon?

IMG_1011.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Sturty and Jules22
Congrats. I’m counting on you for some more performance testing whilst I eagerly await mine to arrive.
Ill be heading to the next test n tune which I believe isn't until July 5th. Unlike those crazy US people, I'm not too keen on doing 1/4 mile runs at 200kph on the streets knowing my luck there will be a coppa there.

I will do some 0-100 testing though in the next day or so