Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How's this for questionable timing?
I've misplaced my driver's licence!
I'm sure it's around the house somewhere, but it's been four days and still no sign.
I doubt I have time to order one, have it turn up between now and delivery day if it falls in the early part of the window. I may just have to nominate the other half as the pick up person. She does have hers safely in one piece.
Man, that's REALLY unlucky. :-(
I bet it will turn up the day after you get the car 😄

• Funny
Reactions: Sturty
Just to update any new prospective buyers on where things stand re: inventory for Model Y's:

Unless you want black or white in a RWD, you're waiting for the next ship.
There's a white/white RWD number on hand. They've also seemingly got another HW3 white MY from somewhere.
Everything else is coming via Dugong Ace. I think there's a LR Stealth Grey, and a single black MYP. In addition, there's a 2023 MYP with EAP, 16,500ks on the clock which has dropped $200 every day since I've seen it. Curently $71,400. It was $72,000 on Tuesday. Seems quite a good deal to me personally, I'd be quite inclined if I was in the market. June 2023 registered.

Eveything else, expect a mid-August delivery I reckon.

As for Model 3's, most configurations appear to be in hand.

Potential next vessels in after Dugong: All dates are into Fremantle.

If it's Wallenius Wilhelmsen: Morning Crystal (Not likely) - Late July
TBA (?) - Late August. Not enough information to predict.

If it's Mol Ace:
Mercury Ace - Unlikely. Already allocated for Brisbane bound Teslas, but you never know.
Walrus Ace. Unlikely due to timing, but not impossible.
Cattelya Ace - Mid August- Possible. NAPEX, like Leo Spirit was. My best guess with the information I have available to me.

Timing factors into my reasoning. We retain a large inventory of Model 3's, and our Model Y's come in two-monthish lots. Morning Crystal was due first thing in May, but blew out nearly two weeks due to congestion in our Port. It sat out in the sound for a good week. Dugong is due very end of this month, late August fits the bill for the next.

As for Dugong Ace, it's blown out a whole five hours. Currently due 10:30 Wednesday Morning.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: crashoverride
Just to update any new prospective buyers on where things stand re: inventory for Model Y's:

Unless you want black or white in a RWD, you're waiting for the next ship.
There's a white/white RWD number on hand. They've also seemingly got another HW3 white MY from somewhere.
Everything else is coming via Dugong Ace. I think there's a LR Stealth Grey, and a single black MYP. In addition, there's a 2023 MYP with EAP, 16,500ks on the clock which has dropped $200 every day since I've seen it. Curently $71,400. It was $72,000 on Tuesday. Seems quite a good deal to me personally, I'd be quite inclined if I was in the market. June 2023 registered.

Eveything else, expect a mid-August delivery I reckon.

As for Model 3's, most configurations appear to be in hand.
That used MYP is very tempting, if it's still there before Dugong Ace comes alongside... maybe haha. Rego would be due and insurance premiums would be higher than the RWD though.

I've also just noticed there is a Quiksilver LR in inventory that says available immediately too.

That used MYP is very tempting, if it's still there before Dugong Ace comes alongside... maybe haha. Rego would be due and insurance premiums would be higher than the RWD though.

I've also just noticed there is a Quiksilver LR in inventory that says available immediately too.
Must be a cancelled order, that wasn't there this morning when I posted it! Just the stealth grey number. I also note the white HW3 number has also gone already.

Last edited:

By the time it'd be picked up the registration should be paid I'd have thought.
I am curious about the insurance though!

I tried RAC WA. I insured it for the same as I intended to insure my RWD MY for - $76000 (a buffer for if it was written off messing up my lease). 33 year old male in a suburb with low crime. $1000 excess. $2024.40 a year. At that value it was no different being a MYP or a RWDY.

I'd be buying the very well priced P over a new LR, that's for sure.

Last edited:
My Toreador M3LR was still ant-ridden upon delivery inspection, with them moving around under the boot and door seals and had a lovely distinct smell of insecticide inside the vehicle. The technician report also detailed a 2-page itemised list of disassembled parts that didn't inspire me with confidence. So alas, it was rejected.. quite mutually really.

The ant invasion occurred at the Perth Airport storage location, per the report.

Meanwhile my lease has already commenced so now having to work with the lease provider to ensure I'm not paying for a vehicle I haven't taken delivery of.

Back in the queue now with a March order, with a ship due first week of July, I've lost track.. what could that be? Looking at you @Sturty ;-)

Last edited:
  • Informative
My Toreador M3LR was still ant-ridden upon delivery inspection, with them moving around between the boot and door seals and had a lovely distinct smell of insecticide inside the vehicle, so alas had to reject.

Back in the queue now with a March order, with a ship due first week of July, I've lost track.. what could that be? Looking at you @Sturty ;-)
Oh man that's rotten. I don't blame you for rejecting it though.

There was 130-odd M3's on the Leo Spirit / Dugong Ace run bound for Fremantle (that's where my MY is), I suspect you'll be on there. Due in port Wednesday at 10:30.

After that, it isn't impossible they'd throw one onto Mercury Ace which is doing a Brisbane run at the end of July, but it'll be in Fremantle 11/7 at this stage. Confirmed as being a Tesla carrier for Brisbane only. Adelaide's got left on Leo Spirit, ours had to wait for Dugong, theirs had to wait for Mercury.

Mercury Ace is halfway between Shanghai and Xiamen now.

I hope you didn't forfeit the $400?? I'd be livid.

Last edited:
Oh man that's rotten. I don't blame you for rejecting it though.

There was 130-odd M3's on the Leo Spirit / Dugong Ace run bound for Fremantle (that's where my MY is), I suspect you'll be on there. Due in port Wednesday at 10:30.

After that, it isn't impossible they'd throw one onto Mercury Ace which is doing a Brisbane run at the end of July, but it'll be in Fremantle 11/7 at this stage. Confirmed as being a Tesla carrier for Brisbane only. Adelaide's got left on Leo Spirit, ours had to wait for Dugong, theirs had to wait for Mercury.

Mercury Ace is halfway between Shanghai and Xiamen now.

Thanks Sturty. I spoke with the delivery coordinator and my config wasn't available on the vessel arriving next week, it was at the beginning July - so sounds like it could well be the Mercury Ace!

No didn't forfeit the $400 as it was pretty clear the car was not suitable to be delivered.

Last edited:
Thanks Sturty. I spoke with the delivery coordinator and my config wasn't available on the vessel arriving next week, it was at the beginning July - so sounds like it could well be the Mercury Ace!

No didn't forfeit the $400 as it was pretty clear the car was not suitable to be delivered.
It basically has to be. Not toooooo long then. Still annoying as though for you!

So, I had a quiet morning at work so I was looking at the "empty" port. I haven't seen the schedule since empty since I started my tracking learning four months ago.

Positive Leader has dumped a massive load of what looks to be commercial vehicles into the Port. Thankfully for us, they are moving them out as we speak and have been since it unloaded, and Dugong is the next ship at H berth, but it's a huge job! After a full two days they're not even halfway.

According to Marine Traffic, Dugong will hit Fremantle waters at 02:30 Wednesday, At this stage still 10:30 into Port to commence unloading.

1719016629345.png

Photo grab: Positive Leader's load this time yesterday.

Last edited:
Again, quiet morning so I thought I'd provide insurance quotes. We know Tesla's get hit hard. Here in WA, not as bad as over east.
As stated earlier, I'm SOR-central in a surburb with very low crime.

I'm insuring it for the $76000 or the maximum allowed agreed amount in this hypothetical using my VIN. 2024 Model Y RWD. 33 year old male driver. One claim in last 5 years where an excess was paid. Default excess unless explicitly mentioned. Paid annually unless explicitly mentioned. Up to 20,000KM. Secondary driver is a 32 year old female with no claims.

NRMA - $67,536 maximum agreed value, no excess glass cover.
$3038.65 annually.

GIO, $76,000 agreed value.
$3,979.27

Allianz, $76,000 agreed value.
$3,305.46

RAC WA, $76,000 agreed value. $1000 excess
$2024.40

Shannons - N/A - won't insure.

Aus Post - $72,320 max agreed value, $1050 excess, no excess glass cover *MAY NOT INCLUDE GLASS ROOF COVER!!
$2,775.42

Bupa car insurance - N/A - won't insure

AAMI - $76,000 agreed value. Default excess of $1650. No excess glass cover.

$2,647.07

Last edited:
No VIN yet, but just noticed that Mercury Ace is currently on it's way to Shanghai, and is scheduled to leave Freo for RoRo on the 9th of July, would be nice timing for me, late July pickup isn't so bad I guess...
Did you see Bgeh's post? If what Tesla told him is correct, you may be on a winner with Mercury.
I'm not sure if you were aware, it did allocate some ex-Leo Spirit vehicles to Brisbane, M3P's I believe.

This may be a supplementary top-up?