Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surely few M3 orders will be cancelled by those who have ordered MY as an upgrade. With news that there will be more MY deliveries in this and next quarter than M3, there would be late re-allocation of VINs. Not saying the VIN allocations have finished for this quarter, but there may be few more VIN allocations at the end of this quarter, when people who have planned to cancel M3 order over MY finally receive invoice. surely few would fall in this scenario (again for people outside of this forum). Just a theory.
Your options are surrender $350 order fee or sell the ordered 3 and make a profit. Why would anyone cancel if they preferred the Y?

Throw away $350 or make money? No brainer.

Reactions: TSELA
Your options are surrender $350 order fee or sell the ordered 3 and make a profit. Why would anyone cancel if they preferred the Y?

I reckon some would be nervous of a "flood" of M3s on the market and struggling to sell at a worthwhile profit.

I'm in the reverse position. I ordered a Y on the first day, we've since decided the sacrifice of going RWD in exchange for a bigger car isn't worth it. So now toying with keeping the Y order and selling it later or just cancel the order. Inclined to just cancel it on the basis that I live an hour or so outside Melbourne and not sure I can be doing with tyre kickers and joyriders. If I find someone interested enough to pay me a non-refundable deposit to not cancel the car I might do it. Will be interesting to see what happens with the used and nearly new Tesla markets near the end of the year.

Yeah i dunno. I honestly don't think there are very many in our cohort who ordered an M3 to hold them over to buying a Y when we all knew in late 2021 that the Y was coming soon. "I really want a Y but i'll drop 70k on a Model 3 to satiate my immediate need for any Tesla, despite it not meeting my requirements".

Doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: axelfair89
I don't know if there's any truth in it, but I've heard it said that because Tesla wants to retain some hold on the market, and discourage people profiting from resales, that they don't provide support [or limit the extent of support] for 3rd party purchasers.
Could discourage that urge to resell, or rather, the urge to buy a private sale.

It's not just as simple as take delivery and sell for profit.

Unless people have cash lying around, and the time it takes to sell privately as well as taking the risk most will just end up cancelling.

You're playing with fire, especially if you need to take out a loan just to take delivery

Reactions: joseph.luppino
Any thoughts on the true number of cars that would be in this most recent batch of VINs given that we are only seeing a percentage of them reported here? I wonder if it’s a ‘ship’ load or just a few allocated to keep the punters happy.
I dont believe that its a ship load of Tesala. A ship load of forklifts very likely

Hi

Did any one go with Pepper money ? What is the maximum term they would lock you interest rate ?

The pepper executive I spoke this morning was saying there is no locking of your interest rate, we will be getting the current interest rate at the time of VIN assigned though your application gets approved for a lower interest rate.

Any thoughts please ?
That is the feedback I just got from Pepper. I was originally approved at the 2.99%, got notification of an increase to 3.99% about a month ago. Had a rush of blood when there was some VIN allocations and emailed to confirm my current interest rate - 4.99% :mad:. Not a deal breaker but still annoying.

Have had a quick look around and there is not many better rates currently available that I can find.

It's not just as simple as take delivery and sell for profit.

Unless people have cash lying around, and the time it takes to sell privately as well as taking the risk most will just end up cancelling.

You're playing with fire, especially if you need to take out a loan just to take delivery
Sure. Heaps of people have posted in here saying they will keep the order and sell however.

I just don't think the percentage cancelling in favour of a Y is going to be significant enough to have any impact on deliveries whatsoever. Maybe a handful of cars.

I don't know if there's any truth in it, but I've heard it said that because Tesla wants to retain some hold on the market, and discourage people profiting from resales, that they don't provide support [or limit the extent of support] for 3rd party purchasers.
Could discourage that urge to resell, or rather, the urge to buy a private sale.
Can they legally do that? Maintain control of an asset that you take legal ownership of? Cancelling orders for obvious commercial entities i can see them doing.

I just don't think the percentage cancelling in favour of a Y is going to be significant enough to have any impact on deliveries whatsoever. Maybe a handful of cars.
I agree here.

Just think those who are going to take delivery of a 3 and then quickly offload it are few and far between. It's a risk a lot of people aren't in a financial position to take.

If you've got the cash lying around it makes sense, if you need a loan for it or have a Y coming at a similar time and want the Y, you're taking a pretty big gamble. I'd absolutely do it if i had the cash lying around or had someone commit to buy the 3 with cash before delivery.

That is the feedback I just got from Pepper. I was originally approved at the 2.99%, got notification of an increase to 3.99% about a month ago. Had a rush of blood when there was some VIN allocations and emailed to confirm my current interest rate - 4.99% :mad:. Not a deal breaker but still annoying.

Have had a quick look around and there is not many better rates currently available that I can find.

That is not good. Yes, the best interest rate is 4.99% at the moment( pepper and macquarie), if that is the case I think its better going with Macquarie, they lock in your interest rate 3 months + 3 months.

What is your OD ? It might might be OK for now but there are chances of the interest rate going up before we get the VIN allocated.

I read somewhere in this forum saying Pepper were locking the interest rates at least for 3 months, may be its changed now ?