Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
G'day team, my order date is about a month away from those with assigned VINs. I've found the "Teslike" spreadsheet really helpful. The Teslike spreadsheet is also a little limited for us here in Australia / New Zealand
  • Google spreadsheet filtering features are really difficult to use
  • The spreadsheet is designed primarily to track US orders
  • Its not possible to narrow down AU orders by state
So I created my own publicly available spreadsheet with its own form to submit details. And I've extracted all the AU / NZ info from the Teslike spreadsheet (accurate as of last night).

Here's the spreadsheet: https://m.pown.ee/tesla-anz-spreadsheet
And here's the form if you'd like to submit data: Microsoft Forms

Thoughts, comments welcome.

VIN and EDD just received!!

My morning -
  • Check Waiting Room Forum
  • See some RWD VIN's have been allocated
  • Quickly Check Tesla App with cautious optimism
  • No Change on App - beginnings of depression
  • Check App - no change
  • Check App - no change
  • Yell at kids for not cleaning their rooms to make me feel a bit better (back in my day.....!)
  • Check App - no change (depression deepening)
  • Have breakfast with a frown
  • Check App - WAIT - changes to my account!!
  • Turn on laptop
  • Windows decided to update
  • Try not to throw laptop out the door
  • Windows finally update
  • Accept changes to account
  • EDD Aug 25 - Sep 5 (Brisbane)
  • Happy dance with the dog looking at me like I am an idiot

VIN and EDD just received!!

My morning -
  • Check Waiting Room Forum
  • See some RWD VIN's have been allocated
  • Quickly Check Tesla App with cautious optimism
  • No Change on App - beginnings of depression
  • Check App - no change
  • Check App - no change
  • Yell at kids for not cleaning their rooms to make me feel a bit better (back in my day.....!)
  • Check App - no change (depression deepening)
  • Have breakfast with a frown
  • Check App - WAIT - changes to my account!!
  • Turn on laptop
  • Windows decided to update
  • Try not to throw laptop out the door
  • Windows finally update
  • Accept changes to account
  • EDD Aug 25 - Sep 5 (Brisbane)
  • Happy dance with the dog looking at me like I am an idiot

One thing i noticed i was doing wrong, i was searching for my vin under the manage car page. I ended up finding my vin on the dashboard page. Searching for LRW.
I‘ve always been doing it wrong then. Not sure why, but I thought you had to go to the manage car page then view the source code from there. Thanks for letting me know 🙂
Hi @SteveZipZap, I just tried it and it didn’t look right, then I remembered why I thought I had to first click on the “Manage” link, and I found the instructions I initially followed (but of course substituted with LRW) and it seems the only way you can get to the page shown is to click on Manage. Maybe you can check thru Dashboard also, but this is what I initially followed:

How to check for your Tesla VIN in source code​

This is a wonderful and simple method that doesn’t require any additional extensions or third-party sites.
  1. Step one
    Login to your account on Tesla.com (top right corner of the homepage).
  2. Step two
    Once you’re logged in, click on your new Tesla to access its vehicle page.
  3. Step three
    Once in the vehicle page, you can press “CTRL + U” on PC or “COMMAND + Option + U” on Mac to bring up the page develop menu.
  4. Step four
    From there, scroll to “view page source” and click it.
    Note: You can also right click the page and pull up the same menu, especially on Google Chrome.
    If you’re using Safari and are not seeing “show page source” as an option there’s an easy solution – Go up top to “Safari,” followed by “preferences,” then click “advanced.”
    At the bottom of the window ensure “show Develop menu in menu bar” is checked. Truthfully, it’s a lot simpler to use the “COMMAND + Option + U” approach, but to each their own.
    Find Tesla VIN number
  5. Step five
    Now, it may take a moment, but you should see the page of source code pop up. From there press “COMMAND + F” (CTRL + F for PC) to bring up the “find” search bar.
  6. Step six
    Type “5YJ” (Tesla’s WMI shown above) and search.
    If you have a VIN assigned, it should then be highlighted and start with those three characters.
    You can also search “EncodedVIN.” That should also reveal your VIN if it is in fact assigned.
Find Tesla VIN number

Verify your VIN with Tesla​

Now that you’ve (hopefully) found your Tesla VIN hidden in the bowels of the website’s source code, you can use it check your EVs status.

Give Tesla customer service a call and share your shiny unearthed VIN with them. They should be able to see where your new vehicles stands on the production line or when it might be delivered.

From there, you’ll be able to focus on what to name your new Tesla. Beulah has a unique ring to it, no?

Thanks for this.

The Model 3 Line goes down as well tomorrow for 2 weeks. My rep said we are getting a ship in September as well as August so we will see what plays out. Hopefully before my finance ends.

Cheers
I'm in pretty much the same situation. My finance approval ends early September. Considering that the late December/early January orders with VINs are getting EDDs around this time I'm not feeling too hopeful about keeping the awesome rate. Oh well, c'est la vie

Hi @SteveZipZap, I just tried it and it didn’t look right, then I remembered why I thought I had to first click on the “Manage” link, and I found the instructions I initially followed (but of course substituted with LRW) and it seems the only way you can get to the page shown is to click on Manage. Maybe you can check thru Dashboard also, but this is what I initially followed:

How to check for your Tesla VIN in source code​

This is a wonderful and simple method that doesn’t require any additional extensions or third-party sites.
  1. Step one
    Login to your account on Tesla.com (top right corner of the homepage).
  2. Step two
    Once you’re logged in, click on your new Tesla to access its vehicle page.
  3. Step three
    Once in the vehicle page, you can press “CTRL + U” on PC or “COMMAND + Option + U” on Mac to bring up the page develop menu.
  4. Step four
    From there, scroll to “view page source” and click it.
    Note: You can also right click the page and pull up the same menu, especially on Google Chrome.
    If you’re using Safari and are not seeing “show page source” as an option there’s an easy solution – Go up top to “Safari,” followed by “preferences,” then click “advanced.”
    At the bottom of the window ensure “show Develop menu in menu bar” is checked. Truthfully, it’s a lot simpler to use the “COMMAND + Option + U” approach, but to each their own.
    Find Tesla VIN number
  5. Step five
    Now, it may take a moment, but you should see the page of source code pop up. From there press “COMMAND + F” (CTRL + F for PC) to bring up the “find” search bar.
  6. Step six
    Type “5YJ” (Tesla’s WMI shown above) and search.
    If you have a VIN assigned, it should then be highlighted and start with those three characters.
    You can also search “EncodedVIN.” That should also reveal your VIN if it is in fact assigned.
Find Tesla VIN number

Verify your VIN with Tesla​

Now that you’ve (hopefully) found your Tesla VIN hidden in the bowels of the website’s source code, you can use it check your EVs status.

Give Tesla customer service a call and share your shiny unearthed VIN with them. They should be able to see where your new vehicles stands on the production line or when it might be delivered.

From there, you’ll be able to focus on what to name your new Tesla. Beulah has a unique ring to it, no?
I used a link from earlier in this thread to find my VIN - found it much easier
Open your account
Click on manage on the vehicle you are waiting for
Past this link -
https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders
into the address bar
Gives a much shorter and easier to decipher list of information

Anyone here financing with pepper had they 3 months loan expired before receiving their car, the question is do u have to apply again or they give you another 3 months extension?
Yes I have done my finance through Pepper.
Had approval back in early Feb which expired 90 days later. Had to supply a new payslip a few days prior to expiration to get another 90 days. That 90 days is about to expire in a week, hopefully will get my invoice prior but if not, I have to supply yet another payslip to get another 90 days.

The interest rate has also increased from the original 2.99% to 4.99%. Pepper do not lock in the rate unfortunately.

Hope that made sense.