Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where do you see the EDD?
Screenshot 2022-07-17 171450.png

Just over there on the right :)

Any idea what the basis of these estimates are, or are they more correctly characterised as wild ass guesses?

It'd be nice, but 10000 cars would be 2 qtrs of supply for both NZ and AU, and I haven't heard of any new vin allocations for NZ (and no Armacup shipping scheduled for SHG - NZ for 4 more weeks anyway). Not sure there have been enough VIN allocations on the forums to support that many cars going to AU either.

The number just seems wildly optimistic.

Edit: for context, 10000 cars is two ROROs of nothing but Teslas.
The "estimate" may well be a pipe dream. My whole point was to question the OP view that nothing much had been produced other than the Perth cars. The numbers listed here are only a representative fraction of the actual people being allocated cars. Not every Tesla purchaser uses social media platforms. Whilst the VINs being reported vary in their sequence it is significant given we started at 589xxx and are currently at 6103xx or thereabouts. His premise that the shutdown starting tomorrow wasn't happening because Chinese chats didn't mention it is like saying the Labor didn't win the election because Facebook didn't have discussion on it. Don't sweat it. We'll know the true figures built, shipped and delivered for the quarter once Tesla report their figures as part of their production reporting. Their push is to make as many cars as possible this quarter to make up for the losses caused by the COVID shutdowns during the previous quarter. I was one of those dudded by the lack of planning and COVID shutdowns to miss getting my order for 7 months and two weeks. I am happy that I now have a VIN and look forward to finally getting my order to drive...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ormaus