Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if it's the same in NSW but the new rego document is an authority for the dealer to act on your behalf as an agent to register the car. They have your details but need your sign off. I'm not sure it should be ignored.
In my case, I have filled the same registration form on the order day with my sa(without vehicle info).
Tesla delivery advisor said that the document updated (with highlighted area for fill-up) will be merged with my previous document so there’s nothing need to do from my side.

Not sure if it's the same in NSW but the new rego document is an authority for the dealer to act on your behalf as an agent to register the car. They have your details but need your sign off. I'm not sure it should be ignored.
That's right, I called Tesla yesterday. It's gives them authority to register the car in your name.
how long / what happens after submitting the highlighted rego documents and sending them back in? Also did anyone just print them out-fill-copy-send back? i noticed after on the email it says “ To complete and sign your document, please use the “Fill and Sign” function of a PDF viewer such as Adobe Acrobat Reader.”
We just printed, completed. Scanned an emailed back. The Tesla guy said just send them back to them email that they came in. I explained that we didn't get it in an email. Just from our account page. So he said email it back to [email protected]
That was 2 days ago. Haven't seen it come up on our account page yet which done people have said it will?

Reactions: trippa
how long / what happens after submitting the highlighted rego documents and sending them back in? Also did anyone just print them out-fill-copy-send back? i noticed after on the email it says “ To complete and sign your document, please use the “Fill and Sign” function of a PDF viewer such as Adobe Acrobat Reader.”
I printed filled and signed then scanned and sent back and it was fine.

I kind of agree but disagree at the same time.

Tesla's overall communication is pretty piss poor, you've got to come to places like this for more information then what any rep can give you.

At the same time, no other car manufacturer in the current market can give you a decent ETA or solid up to date information
I agree. But would also like to add if the SA don't know anything they shouldn't be making concrete statements to the contrary. Case in point, I was told by my rep that there will be no deliveries in Q3 at all for Australia or New Zealand. Yet they delivered. It just messes with customers' expectations and reinforces the idea of the Tesla has no idea what they're doing. Instead, how about just dropping us a line every now and then just empathizing and say sorry don't have your car but will let you know when we do. Complete lack of communication. We're spending what a BMW or Mercedes customer might spend and I'm pretty sure they're getting a lot better service than this.

I agree. But would also like to add if the SA don't know anything they shouldn't be making concrete statements to the contrary. Case in point, I was told by my rep that there will be no deliveries in Q3 at all for Australia or New Zealand. Yet they delivered. It just messes with customers' expectations and reinforces the idea of the Tesla has no idea what they're doing. Instead, how about just dropping us a line every now and then just empathizing and say sorry don't have your car but will let you know when we do. Complete lack of communication. We're spending what a BMW or Mercedes customer might spend and I'm pretty sure they're getting a lot better service than this.
Well said. It’s not the fact that there’s a delay….. it’s the apparent lack of concern that we are sitting around waiting for a $60,000+ purchase with no interest in the progress of our order. Zero communication is terrible PR