Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Viking Passama is already on its way and Morning Crystal is ready to leave, so it is indeed on a boat.
Dont think Morning Crystal has docked yet. Seems to still be floating around the anchorage.

1658753111726.png

• Informative
Reactions: Centrals
So a different motor to the Q1 RWD? Interesting that there hasn't been more commentary if that is in fact the case.
My soon to be delivered car has R

Sep2021 Pre unicorn sr+ LRW3F7FJ9
March 2022 RWD =LRW3F7FS
FEB 2021 sr+ = LRW3F7FA
May 2021 sr+ = LRW3F7FA
Dec 2021 registered SR+ (possible unicorn) =LRW3F7FJ8
Another Dec 2021 (unicorn) =LRW3F7FJX

All dates are nz first reg/first inspected, so production is generally about a month earlier.

So looks like
J = fast hairpin motor
S = slower hairpin motor
A = fast non hairpin
R = ??

Have basically bought no accessories other than gen 3 wall charger. While many do look really appealing, I’m gonna wait and see what I feel I really need/want after driving the car for a little while.
My sister swears by the floor mats. They come up the sides so dirt stays in it and you just take them out to clean them and the floors stay clean. They are the only accessory she got. The wall charger came with the car at the time.
I got the wall charger to maximise charging from solar too.

So far this is all I can find.. If it's accurate I'm pretty gutted..
I know its just a RWD, but I didn't expect an even further downgrade :(

I'm sure I'll get over it by delivery lol..
In the last 2 lines of the link says it all -

“Wire windings: 3D1, 3D3, 3D5”
”Hairpin windings: 3D6, 3D7”

AIt seems all the recent TESLAS are hairpin (mine is) which is 3D6 or 7

In the last 2 lines of the link says it all -

“Wire windings: 3D1, 3D3, 3D5”
”Hairpin windings: 3D6, 3D7”

AIt seems all the recent TESLAS are hairpin (mine is) which is 3D6 or 7
It seems there are two variants of the hairpin windings 3D6 and 3D7

My mate has a RWD and got it in March 2022, his 8th is “S”. I suspect ??? It is related to the power of RWD and LR (3D6/7) and both are hairpin windings.

My soon to be delivered car has R

Sep2021 Pre unicorn sr+ LRW3F7FJ9
March 2022 RWD =LRW3F7FS
FEB 2021 sr+ = LRW3F7FA
May 2021 sr+ = LRW3F7FA
Dec 2021 registered SR+ (possible unicorn) =LRW3F7FJ8
Another Dec 2021 (unicorn) =LRW3F7FJX

All dates are nz first reg/first inspected, so production is generally about a month earlier.

So looks like
J = fast hairpin motor
S = slower hairpin motor
A = fast non hairpin
R = ??
New Zealand 2021 Model 3 Unicorn Build date 9/10/21 Registered 16/11/21 LRW3F7FJ6

As long as the range is the same I really don't care. On the Tesla website for Australia the standard range still has the same stats as before. I really don't want to look for things that may take away the joy of waiting for and receiving of the car. 👍
So long as performance is no worse than I was expecting I'll be okay. Luckily preregistration details indicate 208kW, so hopefully same performance. (having said that power figures in NZ rego database are known to be complete nonsense for earlier model 3s)

Reactions: DrWaffles90
On the topic of charging and such, people need to understand that the UMC is more than enough for your charging need if you commute around 60-70kms a day. Most people get home by 6 latest 7pm and leave by 5.30-6am worst case scenario if you charge at 7pm and unplug at 5.30am you charged the car for approximately 10hours at 10km/h thats 100kms of range.
The issue is people will say oh my off peak charges doesnt kick in till 10pm or 11pm .in this case dont be a tight ass to save those extra cents between peak to off peak . Remember u were coming for ice car that cost u 2.20c/L .and the full charge for a rwd from 0% to 100%at 0.35c/kwh on 60kwh will be $21 that gives u 380km of real world range
Compared to a car that has a fuel tank of 50lx 2.20=$110. So you see the savings in here. So no need to upgrade ur house to 3 phase or such. If u need more charging speed get a 32a single phase socket installed and u will get about 30 to 40 km/h which is capable of charging ur battery to 100% every night. Dont over think it.
Our SA said UMC is sufficient for city driving, which is what I do, but we have 13kw solar so we got the wall charger to maximise use of that. The SA said that it is worth it if you have solar. I haven't done any cost comparisons/charging comparison (that stuff hurts my head) but drawing from solar rather than the grid is an equally important factor for me.

Reactions: Joutsen and Braz
Another reason we bought the wall charger is for EV friendly electricity plans. Looking at RedEnergy. Their EV plan allows free charging from 12-2pm on Saturday and Sunday if I remember correctly. We're lucky, we have 2phase at our house (yes, 2 phase is a thing) so more kw/hr. We can virtually get the best part of a full tank of juice for free every week. That only happens if we can pump in more kw/hr hence the wall charger. I think it's important to just understand everyone's situation is different. That there's no right or wrong. We have 9.6 kw solar, so same reason as others. If we get some sun we can pump more into the car when available, especially on the weekend of we are home.