Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked my app and I finally have an EDD in Adelaide. Looks like our store/delivery centre must almost be complete.

I guess I’ll be picking up my car now rather than it being delivered.

EA650BA1-837C-40C4-B50A-BE4F57E772F5.jpeg

Reactions: New Tech Bj
I am interested in getting roof racks and figured the tessories one would be okay, how different to OEM can it be? Wonder if the SA's would actually know the answer to "When will they be in stock?" .. the price difference between the two shops is quite considerable...

I haven't bought any accessories yet, I do have a list.. and they'll be from the non-oem site mentioned above. I have checked a few others out, but the price difference can be huge..

I do wonder if we will get a store/delivery centre, I haven't heard anything solid though.
It was confirmed by the Tesla employee who gave me the test drive 3 weeks ago.

I saw the position advertisements on their website about 1-2 months ago, and also my ex-manager from a different work confirmed on Linked In that he won the store leader position.

I'm very confident it's coming soon.

From what Ive seen before, the tessories racks are a straight knock off of the genuine ones so install exactly the same and should be just as safe for the glass. That of course is not to say that Tesla would cover a warranty claim caused by them.

Both seem to Install quite easily to the point where it is quite feasible to only install them when you have a need and remove after if that’s what you want to do.

The mounting system is quite neat as there is a mount in the channel between the glass and the roof frame. The weight is borne by the roof structure not the glass so seem quite safe.

RE:Roof racks..
I know it's the MY, but I figure a lot will apply to the M3... I read from page 3 on.. (I am supposed to be working 🤣)

Could just be a matter of installing the after market ones carefully..

• Funny
Reactions: *Sparkles*
RE:Roof racks..
I know it's the MY, but I figure a lot will apply to the M3... I read from page 3 on.. (I am supposed to be working 🤣)

Could just be a matter of installing the after market ones carefully..
I just watched the install video on the Tessories site... I would 100% not be putting roof racks on the car. The design is essentially putting a small metal hook under the glass and then holding it in place by pulling upwards. Surely that just puts a massive upward strain on that particular section of glass.

I'd think it would crack the glass either by overtightening or by hitting a bump too fast with a load on the roof (that then bounces upwards and pulls harder at the glass).

Obviously they sell an official version, but boy... that just looks like a really bad idea.

Same, not sure how everything works. But I think they have to be registered in time for us to take out insurance before delivery. Just thought why take the chance to hold things up?
I have arranged insurance already with the VIN. Just need to add the rego when I have it. Also arranged for insurance to begin from the earlier of the EDD dates. Am planning to pay for car between 7 and 10 August (ready 2 weeks before earliest EDD date). Now just have to read the manual!

Reactions: Braz and *Sparkles*
I just watched the install video on the Tessories site... I would 100% not be putting roof racks on the car. The design is essentially putting a small metal hook under the glass and then holding it in place by pulling upwards. Surely that just puts a massive upward strain on that particular section of glass.

I'd think it would crack the glass either by overtightening or by hitting a bump too fast with a load on the roof (that then bounces upwards and pulls harder at the glass).

Obviously they sell an official version, but boy... that just looks like a really bad idea.
Just looked at that thread more closely and there is a metal bracket hidden under the glass that the hook thing is supposed to fit into.

The thought of tightening something down onto glass still fills me with dread though.

I selected home delivery in my registration details. can confirm that my app also shows EDD - 9-12 months from order placed date. the text wasn't there yesterday.
I suspect the delivery centre is still a few weeks away from being ready but we'll all have to collect it instead of home delivery.

I checked first this morning and had the blank space, and then checked an hour ago and had the 6-9 months text.