Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm tempted to buy it too but first want to experience the car in its raw form for a while. Once I get used to it and the car becomes "ahh it's just my car" rather than, "holy sh*t I've got a Tesla", I'll then purchase it as it will feel (I hope) like something new again. I'm treating it like the first ever car I purchased on Gran Turismo in 1998 🤣
Great thinking! I'm thinking the same, get used to the stock car (LR) and add modifications from there. I'm coming from a manual V8 BMW M3 which I modified alot and sounded incredible redlining at 8400rpm (full titanium exhaust, GTS tune, HRE forged wheels, coilovers etc etc). All part of the fun 😃

Last edited:
Great thinking! I'm thinking the same, get used to the stock car (LR) and add modifications from there. I'm coming from a manual V8 BMW M3 which I modified alot and sounded incredible redlining at 8400rpm (full titanium exhaust, GTS tune, HRE forged wheels, coilovers etc etc). All part of the fun 😃
I’ve just come from 35 years worth of BMWs, including many ///M’s, and a race car.
With my new M3P, I don’t miss them at all
😀

I’ve just come from 35 years worth of BMWs, including many ///M’s, and a race car.
With my new M3P, I don’t miss them at all
😀

Fantastic!!!! I'm keen to make the switch from ICE to EV, if petrol heads like ourselves can do it, anyone can.

Funnily enough a few of my colleagues who are massive petrol heads are making the switch as well

Last edited:
Fantastic!!!! I'm keen to make the switch from ICE to EV, if petrol heads like ourselves can do it, anyone can.

Funnily enough a few of my colleagues who are massive petrol heads are making the switch as well
I went to visit a mate in the country, and drove my Tesla on the way there. We headed out to grab lunch and because of a busted foot he hadn't driven his 911 Carrera in a while and so he asked me to drive us both in it. Once it was warmed up and on a quiet stretch of road he asked me to boot it.

What happened at that point was strange. Even though the PDK kicked down a few gears to give maximum acceleration, the delay in doing so and then waiting for the engine to wind up felt slow. In a 911 that'd I'd driven when he first got it and was wow'ed by it then. Sure when it hit the upper end of rev range it had plenty of punch and sounded glorious, I was shocked to be feeling disappointed by a 911. The future is bright.

Ill second that,my car is a holden commodore SSV LS3 6.2l V8 .
I love every bit of it, thats y its going to storage and now im waiting for my M3