Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did the search this morning after no luck last night, and wowsers there it is. Huzzah!!! So much for the patronising Tesla shop person who told me that these chat rooms are all bunkum. I now know that my car is (or has been) in Port Kembla and unloaded from the Viking Passama. Soon to be on its way to Canberra, but still the 24/8-2/9 EDD persists! Might even vacuum the garage in readiness.
Thanks to the genius who alerted us to the Register of Approved Vehicles Search.
Glad to hear that a Tesla will soon be heading to Canberra... after an 8 month wait. With my own order date of Feb 12th, I'm thinking it will be some time in October when I get to meet my Tesla...guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Reactions: dogstarlady
For all this waiting I've decided, every month or two, I'm hiring out a Tesla M3 for a day to get my "fix" while I wait for my own car. Booked one this weekend. Turns out the closest distance M3 available matches my order spec (except it was during the SR+ designation, not the RWD designation).

Which got me thinking, aside from buying accessories, getting wall connectors installed, learning about shipping schedules and Tesla manufacturing processes, watching every YouTube video (preferences to local) on aforementioned topics, and listening to EV and Tesla podcasts, what else is there to do to remain sane?

• Love
Reactions: RobM3MY and Ormaus
I am getting some seriously good communication from Tesla this week. Just got a reply letting me know that my invoice will be uploaded in the next 24-48 hours. I am going with this new flow of information coming out of a six month vacuum.

Have to agree with the sentiment that *sugar*-posting Tesla cars on this forum is an unwanted distraction. I've owned a lot of different makes and models and none have been perfect.
Seriously good communication when it comes to wanting your money.

For all this waiting I've decided, every month or two, I'm hiring out a Tesla M3 for a day to get my "fix" while I wait for my own car. Booked one this weekend. Turns out the closest distance M3 available matches my order spec (except it was during the SR+ designation, not the RWD designation).

Which got me thinking, aside from buying accessories, getting wall connectors installed, learning about shipping schedules and Tesla manufacturing processes, watching every YouTube video (preferences to local) on aforementioned topics, and listening to EV and Tesla podcasts, what else is there to do to remain sane?
I hired a M3 RWD through Evee for a day and it was great! Rained for much of the day and was cold, but on the plus....plenty of time to get used to the wipers and enjoy the heated seats and steering wheel. Defintely worth it , although probably made me want my own car here sooner!

Morning Crystal has finally docked at PKembla. We need eyes on the ground counting cars as they leave.

Attachments

• mc.jpg
    mc.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 63

Can you quickly get up to Port Kembla and watch for any car carriers leaving the docks with a red/black LR on its back and headed towards Queensland?

Once you see it, can you just send me an update.

That should keep you busy for a while :)

If the rental price (~$250 per day on Evee) were covered by crowd funding from this thread, I’d give it some serious thought 🤔
Way too much money to spend on one day using a car for me. I'm happily waiting for mine. Time is going pretty quickly for me at least.

I'm used to waiting for things as a fan of movies and video games. I've been waiting over five years now for Breath of the Wild 2 and I know the car will come long before I'm playing that.

I do have hopes of things like auto highbeams and auto wipers being improved, as they're software based.

Apologies if my post seemed like bagging, it felt like people were being dismissed/made fun of just for pointing out the car's flaws. I just hoped we can like and be excited about the car but still discuss its shortcomings 🙂 After all we're only here because we liked Tesla enough to buy one, and the video demonstrating auto highbeam issues was also made by one of the biggest supporters of Tesla/EVs in general.

If you want a benchmark, watch Bjorns latest one on the BYD TANG hi beams.. I don't think I've heard him A) swear so much or b) bag chinese cars so much.
Watch that and then complain about Tesla Headlights.. I dare you.. SPOILER ... it's not really a hi-beam, more a mounted flashlight.

Way too much money to spend on one day using a car for me. I'm happily waiting for mine. Time is going pretty quickly for me at least.

I'm used to waiting for things as a fan of movies and video games. I've been waiting over five years now for Breath of the Wild 2 and I know the car will come long before I'm playing that.
Yeah it’s not cheap. I justify the price by thinking of it being spread over a number of weeks.

I don’t drive every day, so the intention of owning my own Tesla is pretty expensive eg. $65k / 10 years (life of car) / 12 (months) = $541.67 per month (if $65k was paid in cash). I figure, while I wait, if every so often I spend half the amount the car will cost, it’s not so bad

My order date was March 20, so the EDD is still saying "6-9 months". I'm excited to watch the progress on all the cars currently shipping because Tesla need to catch up on a backlog if I'm going to get a Q4 delivery as anticipated.

Having the long EDD right from the start completely alters the psychology of the wait. I feel for those of you who ordered 8 months ago and expected an 8-week wait! In my situation I can somewhat understand Tesla being less communicative and responsive than we'd all like. When a company is so dramatically supply constrained rather than demand constrained, it makes business sense to focus all efforts on actually building and delivering product. It's not so good for us on the waiting list, but Tesla doesn't really need to "keep all of us happy" when there is such a keen waiting list.

Having said that, for a company that doesn't use conventional advertising I think Tesla would be smart to do something to help restore a bit of customer positivity for all of you who have endured a massive blow out in delivery time. I'd be on board with them offering some months of premium connectivity or free supercharging!

Because we can't obsess over things more.. I am waiting for the pickup sms thing.. really hoping it happens today.. but for those who have received the sms and are in Vic, have you checked the Vicroads rego check site to see what registration plates you have? Uses your VIN.. I have checked a few times but always comes up with nothing found ☹️
I didn't even know you could do this, so I got a little bit excited. My delivery is booked for Tuesday, but the Vicroads site says "Nothing Found" for me too.

• Helpful
Reactions: Redrum