Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't hold my breath. Model 3 is 5 years old now.
I do have hopes of things like auto highbeams and auto wipers being improved, as they're software based.

But if people come in here and start bagging Teslas, it takes the fun out of being in this forum. It’s a very long and extremely hard wait without people sucking the fun and excitement right out of it.
Apologies if my post seemed like bagging, it felt like people were being dismissed/made fun of just for pointing out the car's flaws. I just hoped we can like and be excited about the car but still discuss its shortcomings 🙂 After all we're only here because we liked Tesla enough to buy one, and the video demonstrating auto highbeam issues was also made by one of the biggest supporters of Tesla/EVs in general.

Missing at least 4 stages of purchase accessories in there.
Depression - I've got my VIN and invoice but no communication on delivery dates on account or thru SA. All I've been told us because it's coming from Sydney on a truck to Cairns they'll 'let me know'. I don't think it's going to happen and I vacillate between depression and anger from the lack of communication

Reactions: Blaq and rtvanda
Because we can't obsess over things more.. I am waiting for the pickup sms thing.. really hoping it happens today.. but for those who have received the sms and are in Vic, have you checked the Vicroads rego check site to see what registration plates you have? Uses your VIN.. I have checked a few times but always comes up with nothing found ☹️

Depression - I've got my VIN and invoice but no communication on delivery dates on account or thru SA. All I've been told us because it's coming from Sydney on a truck to Cairns they'll 'let me know'. I don't think it's going to happen and I vacillate between depression and anger from the lack of communication
Yeah Tesla comms needs a serious uplift. Or more automated transparency on where the car is, or the queue.

Check if its on the RAV site (means either the vehicle is in AU or on a ship that is super close to AU) that people have linked already on here.
After that start checking if its registered yet (QLD reg checker (can search by VIN)).

After that its really waiting for SMS from Tesla to organise delivery.

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet" - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

And we've heard from people who have got their Teslas that all this fades once they have the car. Sweet indeed.

Anyone in the forum from Sydney with a M3LR with est EDD end August still not received an invoice? I am somehow still waiting. SA says he's waiting for an answer to.
I'm in Sydney with a VIN, invoice and EDD of 25th Aug onwards. I have the invoice perhaps because I'm financing the car? But no details, SMS or anything yet on a firm date for delivery. Was hoping that it would arrive earlier...

Reactions: Caduceus.98
That's genuinely good to hear. I've mostly heard negative things about it so far, and Bjorn's video didn't give me much confidence either. If there's a chance that it's all okay then that's one less issue to worry about.

Nah not expecting to magically be problem free just from changing cars, but I don't want to see excuses being made for Tesla either just because the problem exists with other brands. Ideally I'd like the issue to not exist for any car brand, so bringing awareness is a good thing.
Keep in mind, now that Vision is the preferred technology it will be developed over time and just get better and better :)

It's not like you're buying a Toyota where the car remains the same..

Reactions: Miku
1660094179947.png

Waiting for Thermopylae to dock at port of Melbourne so it can pick up my car.

I just noticed over in the Model Y thread someone posted about the Morning Cherry being docked since the 2/8/22. It's not scheduled to depart until the 21/8/22 so hopefully it could be waiting to be loaded up with 3's. Certainly one we could add to our "watch" list. I'm still hopeful of the Paglia being a candidate mind you it's currently docked in Japan so the 14th might be a stretch.

Keep in mind, now that Vision is the preferred technology it will be developed over time and just get better and better :)

It's not like you're buying a Toyota where the car remains the same..
I certainly hope so haha. I'm personally in the camp that going camera only might be a bit overly ambitious, I want the car to have better awareness than me in conditions like fog, nighttime, etc. With news of Tesla looking into high resolution radar/improved cameras lately, I hope whatever upgrades they do make down the line (if any) can be retrofitted. Of course I'd be more than happy if Vision turns out to be perfected so that other tech aren't needed 😛

Reactions: Polarxp
I just noticed over in the Model Y thread someone posted about the Morning Cherry being docked since the 2/8/22. It's not scheduled to depart until the 21/8/22 so hopefully it could be waiting to be loaded up with 3's. Certainly one we could add to our "watch" list. I'm still hopeful of the Paglia being a candidate mind you it's currently docked in Japan so the 14th might be a stretch.
Docked? maybe, but at the wrong city - about 300 NM from where it needs to be for Teslas.

1660095191129.png

I do have hopes of things like auto highbeams and auto wipers being improved, as they're software based.

Apologies if my post seemed like bagging, it felt like people were being dismissed/made fun of just for pointing out the car's flaws. I just hoped we can like and be excited about the car but still discuss its shortcomings 🙂 After all we're only here because we liked Tesla enough to buy one, and the video demonstrating auto highbeam issues was also made by one of the biggest supporters of Tesla/EVs in general.
Not a problem if you didn’t mean it that way. I was reading through the posts last night and someone made a few comments which made me feel a bit disheartened so I decided to log out for the night. Then I log in today and it seemed to be happening again and when someone tried to ad some humour to the situation you accused them of invalidating Teslas problems. We all know that Teslas have their problems like any other, but we come in here to share our joy and also our wait time frustrations and have a bit of a laugh and know there are others feeling the same way. It doesn’t take too much to bring the mood down in here and I feel most people wouldn’t be in this particular thread if you felt depressed every time you came in here. I’m sure there are other forums for people to go if they feel they have made the wrong decision in ordering a Tesla and wanting to bag them out, but I think it’s inconsiderate to do it in here.

That's weird and a good idea. I'll try it when I get home tonight 👍
I did the search this morning after no luck last night, and wowsers there it is. Huzzah!!! So much for the patronising Tesla shop person who told me that these chat rooms are all bunkum. I now know that my car is (or has been) in Port Kembla and unloaded from the Viking Passama. Soon to be on its way to Canberra, but still the 24/8-2/9 EDD persists! Might even vacuum the garage in readiness.
Thanks to the genius who alerted us to the Register of Approved Vehicles Search.