Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried very hard to stop myself from buying accessories too early but somehow that didn’t work and I’ve purchased:
  • All weather floor mats (complete set)
  • Console trays
  • Jack pads
  • Air intake grill
  • Floor vent covers
  • Cup holder
  • SSD drive
  • First aid kit
  • Armrest hidden compartment
  • Performance pedals
  • Trunk grocery hook
Getting the wall connector installed tomorrow.

But seem to still have the following on the accessories wishlist:
  • Mud flaps
  • Auto frunk
  • Soundproof trunk
  • Soundproof frunk
  • Frunk hooks
  • Puddle lights
  • Screen protector
I think I have a problem 🤣
erm... yes, I think you may be right 😳

• Funny
Reactions: DM221291
I tried very hard to stop myself from buying accessories too early but somehow that didn’t work and I’ve purchased:
  • Console trays
  • Jack pads
  • Air intake grill
  • Floor vent covers
  • Cup holder
  • SSD drive
  • First aid kit
  • Performance pedals
  • Trunk grocery hook

• Mud flaps
  • Auto frunk
  • Soundproof trunk
  • Soundproof frunk
  • Frunk hooks
  • Puddle lights
  • Screen protector
What about tyre repair and inflation kit as well as the jack pads and maybe a jack? I am seriously considering buying a spare tyre with rim for road trips into the wild. No hurry for that yet but a flat tyre could be an unpleasant problem.

Waiting for Thermopylae to dock at port of Melbourne so it can pick up my car.
Keep waiting... she's doing laps outside Port Philip Heads at the moment, all berths on Webb Dock West are full :(

Not expected until 11:30pm tomorrow.

No where near an issue. I ordered my sr+ in March, still waiting for it.
But I have spent over 5 k on accessories for it already. (Including gen3 wall charger)
My list is very long so I won't post it.
😳

Well, you need something to do while you wait ... and wait... and wait.... 😋
Seriously though, at least you're prepared. It'd be pretty annoying if you waited til the car was here to order accessories, and then items were out of stock or something

Been a while since we talked about accessories…

Lets talk about accessories.

I’ve bought none.

At confirmation of pending delivery I would buy floor mats and maybe a type 2 cable and a 3 phase adapter for the UMC (I’m regional, people!)..

And then spend some time with car before buying anything more

People with cars already - what have you bought that was most value?

People waiting for cars - what do you think will be best value?
I bought wall charger and all weather mats as these are things I definitely want before the car arrives. I will wait before getting anything else probably.

No where near an issue. I ordered my sr+ in March, still waiting for it.
But I have spent over 5 k on accessories for it already. (Including gen3 wall charger)
My list is very long so I won't post it.
My thoughts exactly. Just completed “phase 4” of accessories purchases. It’s been a looong wait. (Hopefully it hasn’t been $5k though)

• Love
Reactions: Ormaus and choppa
😳

Well, you need something to do while you wait ... and wait... and wait.... 😋
Seriously though, at least you're prepared. It'd be pretty annoying if you waited til the car was here to order accessories, and then items were out of stock or something
The only thing I don't have (besides the damn car) is the first thing everyone else gets. Screen protector.
I just don't like having things on my screens.
I'm also one of those people who have no cases on my phones or screen protectors. Just the phone as it was originally designed.

I’m going down rabbit hole of regional charging locations.
Oldies are up at the Mount, reckon its a two charge stopper between townsville and there (prossy and carmilla).. maybe one stop at a stretch?
I guess you mean Isa, not Mt Morgan??
QESH along the coast. Flinders Hwy I'm less familiar with.
My routes often away from coast, and PlugShare shows sufficient option , but not always well equipped.

Reactions: choppa
The only thing I don't have (besides the damn car) is the first thing everyone else gets. Screen protector.
I just don't like having things on my screens.
I'm also one of those people who have no cases on my phones or screen protectors. Just the phone as it was originally designed.
I thought I didn’t need a case for my iPhone and it felt great without one - I was living’s the dream! Then I dropped it on a tile floor. So, I now have to use a case because apparently I can’t have nice things.

What about tyre repair and inflation kit as well as the jack pads and maybe a jack? I am seriously considering buying a spare tyre with rim for road trips into the wild. No hurry for that yet but a flat tyre could be an unpleasant problem.
Hmm good idea on the repair / inflation kits! Have you purchased? Any suggestions?

• Console trays
  • Jack pads
  • Air intake grill
  • Floor vent covers
  • Cup holder
  • SSD drive
  • First aid kit
  • Performance pedals
  • Trunk grocery hook

• Mud flaps
  • Auto frunk
  • Soundproof trunk
  • Soundproof frunk
  • Frunk hooks
  • Puddle lights
  • Screen protector
Yes, want the jack pads, hooks, proper ssd.
Considering the hidden armrest compartment 🤔

Reactions: DM221291
Like you - I'm regional.
Also like you - no accessories yet.
Best value - i reckon the charging leads.
I travel away from cities [therefore LR]and likely to have little access to Superchargers. I figure I'll need the widest range of connection options at various motels, showgrounds, and [dare I say], Maccas and some pubs.
I'm in WA, absolute ghost town for Superchargers. I was also surprised at the size of the Type 2 cable. Looking at splashing out on the Juice Booster 2 instead. Costly option but with some adapters can do all my charging in one device outside DC charging, just need to order a Type 2 tail, and figure out if it's viable to make a 10amp tail

Reactions: choppa
I guess you mean Isa, not Mt Morgan??
QESH along the coast. Flinders Hwy I'm less familiar with.
My routes often away from coast, and PlugShare shows sufficient option , but not always well equipped.
Mt Morgan.. long story (but I was born in Isa).
Look forward to only work trips Mackay and Cairns.
What routes are you on?
Bummed about inland options thru to Roma

Reactions: rtvanda
I'm in WA, absolute ghost town for Superchargers. I was also surprised at the size of the Type 2 cable. Looking at splashing out on the Juice Booster 2 instead. Costly option but with some adapters can do all my charging in one device outside DC charging, just need to order a Type 2 tail, and figure out if it's viable to make a 10amp tail
Curious as to why you wouldn't just get a 5-pin tail for your UMC?

Reactions: Braz
I've only seen the "wipers turn on when there's no rain" happen when the windscreen is grotty.
Jesus. I have a 2019 VW Golf with auto wipers. They turn on randomly, too, when it’s dry. I’ve been told, and I’ve read, that garage door remotes can set them off. If you’re driving past someone who just uses theirs, it sometimes - SOMETIMES - fires up my wipers. Tesla’s too, I wonder?

• Console trays
  • Jack pads
  • Air intake grill
  • Floor vent covers
  • Cup holder
  • SSD drive
  • First aid kit
  • Performance pedals
  • Trunk grocery hook

• Mud flaps
  • Auto frunk
  • Soundproof trunk
  • Soundproof frunk
  • Frunk hooks
  • Puddle lights
  • Screen protector
Have got:
All Weather Mats
1TB SSD
Performance Pedals
Console Trays
Spigen Screen Protector
Trunk Hooks

~$550

Reactions: DM221291 and choppa
Curious as to why you wouldn't just get a 5-pin tail for your UMC?

Few reasons. Firstly I believe using this I'll be able to charge at 11kw on 3 phase, whereas you only hit 7kw on the UMC.

Big one for me is space, when traveling in rural WA, you have to take your power where you can get it. So I would need to take Type 2 cable too, and normally when traveling, car is jam packed, so need all the space I can get.

With Juice Booster I can pickup a Type 2 tail, so I won't need an extra Type 2 cable. The only issue is locally they don't have a 10amp tail, which is really odd, but I'll probably just pickup a 10amp UK tail and get my sparky to put a new plug on it.

Few other reasons I like it too, but that's the big ones. An expensive option, but I'll get a lot of use out of it.

• Helpful
Reactions: rtvanda