Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Questions for someone who has already taken delivery:

1. How much in advance do we get to know the registration number(for insurance)?
2. Do we know if Tesla will refund the stamp duty cost if we have paid in full already?

I am taking delivery on the coming Monday.

If Tesla makes a white RWD base. If delivered to Early Q1 customer they can only sell for about 64000 dollars. If customer cancelled and they sell it to a present customer it is 71000 dollars. Same car, difference in price is 7000 (including Tax) + 350 cancellation income.

The maths is so simple.
If that's their reasoning, they can much easier just announce they no longer honour original prices and you have to pay the current RRP to get your car. Much quicker for them and the PR hit wouldn't be any worse than having people discover they somehow start delivering orders placed at the higher price but skipped orders placed at the lower price.

That can't happen according to the agreement they sent.
I believe Hyundai recently didn't honour prices for existing orders despite signed contracts, not sure if they backtracked on it. Besides, if they do break the terms of the agreement, a buyer has no easy recourse besides cancelling the order anyways, which would be what Tesla wants according to the hypothesis 😛

Don't take my word. I am just speaking of a possibility from few members mentioned before. I personally don't think this is the case.
So we've been in agreeance all this time? o.0

If Tesla makes a white RWD base. If delivered to Early Q1 customer they can only sell for about 64000 dollars. If customer cancelled and they sell it to a present customer it is 71000 dollars. Same car, difference in price is 7000 (including Tax) + 350 cancellation income.

The maths is so simple. Example is extreme.
Silver xu, am very appreciative of all the insider info you enlighten us with, however I disagree with this point.

Firstly tesla only makes around 56k for rwd cars for Q1 RWD orders, rest is gst and state taxes.

Secondly, while some will cancel, it will only be due to the MY rather than delays, the overwhelming majority will not. With the way inflation is going, the later they deliver the cars, the less profit they make.

I think it's possible that because Q1 deliveries were primarily RWD, with LR/P orders still in backlog from 2021, they decided to do the LR/P ones first.

Anybody else in Adelaide had their pick up cancelled?
I was meant to pick up 10am tomorrow and even had a text message today confirming it.
Then early this afternoon I got a phone call, saying the car is still in Melbourne or making its way across. They can't tell me a date now. What a BS situation.

I believe Hyundai recently didn't honour prices for existing orders despite signed contracts, not sure if they backtracked on it. Besides, if they do break the terms of the agreement, a buyer has no easy recourse besides cancelling the order anyways, which would be what Tesla wants according to the hypothesis 😛

So we've been in agreeance all this time? o.0
If it was stated in the agreement there is no easy way for anyone to back out without losing an arm or a leg, if they would like to continue their business in Australia.

This applies to Hyundai and Tesla. I have not seen the Hyundai agreement but I would guess it has a clause to allow Hyundai to pass on increased labour and material.

Silver xu, am very appreciative of all the insider info you enlighten us with, however I disagree with this point.

Firstly tesla only makes around 56k for rwd cars for Q1 RWD orders, rest is gst and state taxes.

Secondly, while some will cancel, it will only be due to the MY rather than delays, the overwhelming majority will not. With the way inflation is going, the later they deliver the cars, the less profit they make.

I think it's possible that because Q1 deliveries were primarily RWD, with LR/P orders still in backlog from 2021, they decided to do the LR/P ones first.
I was just giving an example that how Tesla could have made more money by delaying lower margin orders. If you are building a house this is exactly what Metricon is doing at the moment, but Metricon is doing this to maintain cashflow.

I also said I disagree that Tesla is doing this to let people to cancel the Q1 orders.

I was just giving an example that how Tesla could have made more money by delaying lower margin orders. If you are building a house this is exactly what Metricon is doing at the moment, but Metricon is doing this to maintain cashflow.

I also said I disagree that Tesla is doing this to let people to cancel the Q1 orders.
Have they switched to domestic or is RHD production still going