Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, if anyone is in the same boat with a rural delivery and already paid their stamp duty in NSW. Heard from Tesla SA today. Once the car is registered, 3-4 weeks after that they will organise to do a refund back into our account. They must be waiting for the NSW government to give them the funds before they refund? At least I know what the go is now 👍
I had paid out the invoice but NSW were not charging Stamp duty from 15th and refunding all before. Updated invoice shows a ($2925) credit. How it is paid back is a mystery... I would have thought a cheque on delivery day but that may be too "hard copy" for Tesla. I opted to pickup from Alexandria as there was some anomalies with a delivery time on a truck to regional NSW (weeks)

I've tested the acceleration of LR, pulls hard as is. I've also decided to switch 'acceleration boost' on, and wow it's quite shocking it's ability to put the power down. Someone in a HSV GTS, with the supercharged LSA V8 raced me at the lights just after I switched the boost on, in a nutshell a close win for tesla 🥳
That "Someone" must have been gutted. all those letters and all on the car's name must have cost him/her a lot of money.

Imagine if he found out you brought a boost in horsepower via an app for $3000 and had it installed in less than a minute, without needing a booking at your mechanic. ..... and it was probably that which relegated him to 2nd place (last). Hopefully a lightbulb moment, "you're driving a dinosaur" !!

The more I read/watch and learn, the more I see these old cars as totally finished. The 'elephant in the room' moment for them is the looming Expiry date hanging over all of them.

I've tested the acceleration of LR, pulls hard as is. I've also decided to switch 'acceleration boost' on, and wow it's quite shocking it's ability to put the power down. Someone in a HSV GTS, with the supercharged LSA V8 raced me at the lights just after I switched the boost on, in a nutshell a close win for tesla 🥳
You got the car yesterday and by today you had accel boost installed and you raced a supercharged V8?

Wow you didn't waste much time. What made you opt in for the accel boost? 0-100 in 4.4 sec too slow for you? 😋

I had paid out the invoice but NSW were not charging Stamp duty from 15th and refunding all before. Updated invoice shows a ($2925) credit. How it is paid back is a mystery... I would have thought a cheque on delivery day but that may be too "hard copy" for Tesla. I opted to pickup from Alexandria as there was some anomalies with a delivery time on a truck to regional NSW (weeks)
Yeah I know. Pretty sure it'll be give them your account details and they'll deposit it back in. It's a bummer to be punished for paying early.

That "Someone" must have been gutted. all those letters and all on the car's name must have cost him/her a lot of money.

Imagine if he found out you brought a boost in horsepower via an app for $3000 and had it installed in less than a minute, without needing a booking at your mechanic. ..... and it was probably that which relegated him to 2nd place (last). Hopefully a lightbulb moment, "you're driving a dinosaur" !!

The more I read/watch and learn, the more I see these old cars as totally finished. The 'elephant in the room' moment for them is the looming Expiry date hanging over all of them.
Mate tbh it was quite funny, I myself used to have BMW M3 V8 and the LR would destroy it.

He was spewing, didn't even look at me, his son looked over from the passenger seat with a big grin on his face and a thumbs up 🤣

The best part? Not even having to worry about "driving in" in the motor, I picked up the car yesterday 😃

I'll be honest, the car is truly worth the wait

So you’ve got one of those old fashioned V8 thingies? Cute…

So WuWa's latest video shows heaps of RHD vehicles in the Giga lot, but no indication of their destination, other than a mention that Glovis is berthed up to head to Europe. We may be relegated to joining the next round of deliveries, so those of us with an "Aug-Nov" estimate may be lucky to hit the backend of that. This would put some people on this forum at around 10 or 11 months since order, from an initial "estimate" of what - 8 weeks?
1660977862591.png

Reactions: Braz
Mate tbh it was quite funny, I myself used to have BMW M3 V8 and the LR would destroy it.

He was spewing, didn't even look at me, his son looked over from the passenger seat with a big grin on his face and a thumbs up 🤣

The best part? Not even having to worry about "driving in" in the motor, I picked up the car yesterday 😃

I'll be honest, the car is truly worth the wait
Absolute Gold !!!!

Even the kid has jumped ship.
Dad's pride and joy just got spanked !!!!!
Time to move on, take a picture of it, frame it, and put it in the pool room. Then go out and buy yourself a Tesla.

Do tell us more stories as they come to hand, it is helping me (and others I think) tolerate the wait.

So WuWa's latest video shows heaps of RHD vehicles in the Giga lot, but no indication of their destination, other than a mention that Glovis is berthed up to head to Europe. We may be relegated to joining the next round of deliveries, so those of us with an "Aug-Nov" estimate may be lucky to hit the backend of that. This would put some people on this forum at around 10 or 11 months since order, from an initial "estimate" of what - 8 weeks?
View attachment 842919
Please be us!!

Six months post-order, we took a second test drive of a RWD this afternoon.

No regrets about ordering one, even after looking over a Y. It's such a nice car to drive and spend time in!

I might have gone for an LR if it was to be our main or only car, but the RWD will mostly see city duty and should suit us well.

Having to wait sucks, but it will be worth it. 🙂