Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On any recent delivery RWD please advise if heated steering is now standard. Just curious about my Thursday CBR delivery
Not that I've had delivery recently but I was told I'd be getting the heated steering wheel and heated seats (front and back) as standard.

The overnight loan model 3 that matched my spec that Tesla let me borrow had these, the morning I had to take it back was a very chilly morning so I got to test it out and it worked great.

They said there were about 20 people effected by the delay. I was just wondering if anyone in the forum had the same call?
With everything that's gone on the last 8 months I'm just a bit sceptical.
I had a similar call on Thursday last week for a Friday delivery. They were only flagging a slip from morning to late afternoon pickup for my car but did say that a different transporter had broken down. As it turned out, the truck actually arrived and the car was available as scheduled. The external cleaning on the car was obviously a little rushed but otherwise all sweet.

Bummer about the PPF etc. Where were you booked?

Ultimately, You will not remember the delay but you will remember the WEEEEEEEEE factor :)

I had a similar call on Thursday last week for a Friday delivery. They were only flagging a slip from morning to late afternoon pickup for my car but did say that a different transporter had broken down. As it turned out, the truck actually arrived and the car was available as scheduled. The external cleaning on the car was obviously a little rushed but otherwise all sweet.

Bummer about the PPF etc. Where were you booked?

Ultimately, You will not remember the delay but you will remember the WEEEEEEEEE factor :)
I’m certainly experiencing the “WEEEEEEEEEEEE” factor at the moment…. It’s otherwise known as being hugely pi**ed off.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: M@dman
Just looked at their website. Looks like a good choice. I'm going to do Tinting, but I keep flipping on whether to get the PPF/Ceramic stuff.
I was too, so had a chat to Joe about what I was wanting to protect the car from.

For me it was general driving stone chips etc. which was front coverage of PPF, also I'm in shopping centres often enough and our Kluger is testimony to others banging doors into our car so side protection. Kids putting bags in the boot scrapping paint etc led to luggage strip. Then looking at the amount of ppf needed and what would be available on the same template if I wanted (so largely paying for application at that point) - back quarter etc

Then making it easy to wash etc which lead to ceramic coating of some sort.

He's great to chat to about this stuff. Even if you dont go with him. Also he has his own Tesla so you know he eats his own dog food so to speak.

What you really want to have front of mind, is why do you want the protection/coating ?

• Helpful
Reactions: Mal Cartwright
I was too, so had a chat to Joe about what I was wanting to protect the car from.
I think this is good advice. I have gone for a Black paint which cost $2500 and intend to have the vehicle for 4-5 years, then flip it.

Fully acknowledging each to their own, however, in my circumstances, I could not imagine fully wrapping at a cost of approx $8k to $10k has any value whatsoever. I liken it to putting plastic on your new couch, or worse, leather patches on your sleeves. Never ever enjoying it ! If you were to be hell-bent on some fancy colour or funky custom look then go for it, but that's not a practical choice, but rather an emotion-driven one and I am happy to sit back and admire your passion. To me that 8k+ will go towards the next car, rather than protect this one.

In my instance putting on a ceramic coating will be ample enough to keep it looking nice through my ownership.

I have spent a bunch of time YouTubing professional ceramic coatings and the intricate steps they take. There is a lot more to it than I ever imagined.
Check out how these guys scrutinise a car upon arrival and what they found.

Here is another that discusses if you should do it at all:

PS Hope I dont upset anyone, if so respectfully refer to 'each to their own' disclaimer at the start.

My EDD moved forward to 8/9 - 22/9 from 23/9 - 30/9.
I'm on the EDD rollercoaster. Shall we do pools on the next EDD update?
Mine hasn’t yet changed, which I expected it to already. I would‘ve thought mine would be on the Paganella, which hasn’t moved in a week (maybe broken down or something) so have definitely been expecting a change in my estimated date range. I think Morning Cherry will dock before Paganella at this stage.

Its awfully quiet here for the last couple of days i guess everyone is like me had enough of the wait and dont give a *sugar* anymore. And everyones mood has changed from excitement to IT IS WHAT IT IS .
yeah, I've given up on trying to hope my Plenti loan won't expire before I got the car, and am now hoping to get the car sometimes in Oct/Nov. Interestingly though, has anyone else see this - Australian finance firm offering 12 months of free EV charging

Peppers Money is offering free 20000 Kwh or 12 months free charging, which ever comes first. And their rate is around 6.29% I think. Not as good as the 2.99% I got before when I ordered but a positive bonus anyways.