Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fantastic to see a bunch of pickup SMS's coming through, including many fellow VIC's.

Turning the discussion naturally as one does now to Insurance. (Shipping News, VIN, Charging, Accessories, SMS trepidation, Insurance, Pickup.)

Getting plenty of quotes all around the same price give or take a few hundred. Suncorp, AAMI, QBE, Virgin, GIO, Youi (don't bother), RACV.

The bigger issue is deciphering who is the best come time of need. Some of them are the same company just operating under different retail names.

Would love to hear any input/suggestions?

Last edited:
Fantastic to see a bunch of pickup SMS's coming through, including many fellow VIC's.

Turning the discussion naturally as one does now to Insurance. (Shipping News, VIN, Charging, Accessories, SMS trepidation, Insurance, Pickup.)

Getting plenty of quotes all around the same price give or take a few hundred. Suncorp, AAMI, QBE, Virgin, GIO, Youi (don't bother), RACV.

The bigger issue is deciphering who is the best come time of need. Some of them are the same company just operating under different retail names.

Try Shannon’s

Reactions: RobM3MY
I forgot my Tesla acc password, lucky the mrs was WFH so got it and booked asap.

It’s been a long wait… time to give my VF Redline a good detail and get it ready for sale, I will miss the heads up display and the v8 rumble but excited to move on to something new :)
Pickup my M3P in Melbourne today. Sold my Ford G6ET which was not only the longest I've had a car, also the best (have also had a few Commodore & Falcon V8's over the years and a WRX way back in the 90's.). Was sad to see the Ford go but the Tesla performance test drive was a game changer for me. Cant wait.

For what its worth, the Aussie used car market is very good - a fair bit of demand for good cars from both young guys and gals and what's more, they appreciate them for what they are - the last of the line of locally built legends.

Pickup my M3P in Melbourne today. Sold my Ford G6ET which was not only the longest I've had a car, also the best (have also had a few Commodore & Falcon V8's over the years and a WRX way back in the 90's.). Was sad to see the Ford go but the Tesla performance test drive was a game changer for me. Cant wait.

For what its worth, the Aussie used car market is very good - a fair bit of demand for good cars from both young guys and gals and what's more, they appreciate them for what they are - the last of the line of locally built legends.
Congrats on the P, it’s definitely a game changer… I was very tempted maybe when it’s time to upgrade the LR ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Mal Cartwright

I'm down to Budget Direct and RACV. AAMI are out as they don't offer choice of repairer. Budget Direct get better reviews than RACV but it's hard to tell whether those reviews are based on policy cost or performance when it's the insurer's turn to pay out.

Reactions: TCM3 and RobM3MY
Morning Crystal leaves Shanghai on 28 August, and who knows what might be onboard (along with the obligatory forklifts)!
Yep I think we can hold some hope for some VIN's this weekend and if not its game over for RWD until November, it would make sense give the August-November timeframe that they would at least ship some RWD's this month

I was keen to see the difference, the clinical silence of it all makes it quite surreal too

You got the car yesterday and by today you had accel boost installed and you raced a supercharged V8?

Wow you didn't waste much time. What made you opt in for the accel boost? 0-100 in 4.4 sec too slow for you? 😋
By the way for those interested in LR+boost performance check out this channel https://youtube.com/c/Model3Dragracingchannel

In a nutshell, there's not much that beats it. Even the M3P barely does.

Morning Crystal leaves Shanghai on 28 August, and who knows what might be onboard (along with the obligatory forklifts)!
schedule was updated

AsiaNZSchedule_2.jpg

M3LR Online quote
RACV Comp/glass cover - $1173 / Complete Car $1719 (unlimited car hire)
GIO Comp /glass cover - $1427 / Platinum Insurance $1635 (unlimited car hire)

My major concern is if the car is a write off and they cannot source a new one in 3 months(which is quite likely) how much do they pay you out? the current cost to purchase a new M3 LR? or market value? ... I will give them a call tomorrow to find out.

Reactions: Redrum