Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awfully quite morning today, seems like it’s going to be the case going forward until Oct?
or possibly last week of Sep. last quarter Tesla changed production from domestic to export in the last week of quarter (there were lot of late June build date in RWD) as they cannot clear the domestic production within a week. Turandot is due at Shanghai on 26/9 (likely 1-2 days delay due to usual port traffic). so there is a possibility you may get Vin just before the calendar turns over to Oct.

or possibly last week of Sep. last quarter Tesla changed production from domestic to export in the last week of quarter (there were lot of late June build date in RWD) as they cannot clear the domestic production within a week. Turandot is due at Shanghai on 26/9 (likely 1-2 days delay due to usual port traffic). so there is a possibility you may get Vin just before the calendar turns over to Oct.
Hope so! delivery would then be around my birthday

Reactions: Missimpatient
Paglia is due to arrive in Brisbane on 03 Sep before moving onto NSW then VIC

Morning Cherry due to arrive in Port Kembla on 09 Sep.

At least I think the above is correct.

For anybody curious, it will charge off a 10A power baord that also has a bar fridge plugged in.. ar 8/8A .. which I think means it is using 8A of 8A available, but happy to be corrected if I misunderstand this... 3h5mins toncharge back to 85% from 78%...

Just out of hibernation for a day or so… got to thinking (shouldn’t I know) but…..
Shanghai was getting back to normal after Covid, when we learned they were going to upgrade the lines. M3 line shutdown on 17/7 for 3 weeks, slowly restarting on 8/8, and more or less up to speed, I think, a week later around 15th. It seems anyone with an order in for M3’s in Australia was at this point doomed, as the 1st half of the quarter when export production occurs, ended in mid August…. About the 15th! it’s just a shame they couldn’t have delayed the upgrade by a week or 10 days, Tesla could have produced all of the Q1 orders that are now heading for a 9 or 10 month wait. Just saying. And if you already have your 3, well done, but please, no “it’s well worth the wait” comments. Enjoy your cars instead, I know I will….. eventually.

I hope there are some more cars for Brisbane! I ordered the same day as you did kpdog. So looking forward to getting my new car!!
My bad. I meant Paganella (not Paglia) due in Brisbane on 03 Sep.

I got the info from this UK shipping thread

PAGANELLA Is bound for Brisbane (03 Sep), Port Kembla (09 Sep) and Melbourne (13 Sep) and I expect her drop Teslas off at each port.”

Surely (I'm just being wishful here) Tesla can start allocating more than exactly the first 50% of each quarter to exports now that the wait times are so distorted between the local China market and abroad. I read today that the MY wait time is down to 1-4 weeks in China. I have no idea what the M3 wait times are but let's say that over the next 30 days of 'upgraded production' they get them down to a 1-4 week wait too. Do they then keep making us wait 9-12 months while churning out instant gratification for Chinese orders or can Giga Shanghai start to put a few extra weeks into exports. I think the latter (totally just being wishful 😅).

Just out of hibernation for a day or so… got to thinking (shouldn’t I know) but…..
Shanghai was getting back to normal after Covid, when we learned they were going to upgrade the lines. M3 line shutdown on 17/7 for 3 weeks, slowly restarting on 8/8, and more or less up to speed, I think, a week later around 15th. It seems anyone with an order in for M3’s in Australia was at this point doomed, as the 1st half of the quarter when export production occurs, ended in mid August…. About the 15th! it’s just a shame they couldn’t have delayed the upgrade by a week or 10 days, Tesla could have produced all of the Q1 orders that are now heading for a 9 or 10 month wait. Just saying. And if you already have your 3, well done, but please, no “it’s well worth the wait” comments. Enjoy your cars instead, I know I will….. eventually.
It is very frustrating to know that the factory output is so high that the total Australian orders would only need a few days to be completely filled.

My guess is all remaining Q1 orders is 2-3 days of production, and all total orders is 7-10 days.

Not necessarily. It's still 2+ weeks from departing

Tesla is most likely done for the Quarter

We don't be seeing VIN's till Middle/Late October I think
agree that they are done for the quarter. but if your assumption of mid/late Oct for VIN is based on 'export production at the start of the quarter', then it is not as simple. It is 'start of the quarter + a ship nearby'. they wouldn't want to have the storage yard filled with cars waiting for a ship. so it will most likely Vin around 26/9 when Turandot is arriving in Shanghai or whenever the first ship for AU arriving in Shanghai in Oct.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
Shanghai was getting back to normal after Covid, when we learned they were going to upgrade the lines. M3 line shutdown on 17/7 for 3 weeks, slowly restarting on 8/8, and more or less up to speed, I think, a week later around 15th.
Now I would love to know if the upgrades were just for the manufacturing efficiencies or did they change improve the car in any way also during the upgrade? Would be interesting to know once the cars manufactured after the production line improvements start getting delivered and someone takes a moment to compare them to pre line upgrade specimens...

Reactions: David G
It's just maddeningly excruciating, isn't it?!

It is 'start of the quarter + a ship nearby'
Which would fall somewhere in between Late October and Early November. There are ships quite literally every week pushing out to a fortnight at worst case coming from Shanghai to Australia and have been for some time, even outside Tesla's onslaught in Q3

o it will most likely Vin around 26/9 when Turandot is arriving in Shanghai or whenever the first ship for AU arriving in Shanghai in Oct.

Turandot probably won't have any Tesla's on it as per the "start of quarter + a ship nearby comment" Need to look and wait for the schedule beyond the Turandot. Getting cars on a ship close to the end of Q3 or start of Q4 won't be an issue even in the slightest.

So with an EDD of now to 15 September, invoiced and rego forms provided, VIN not appearing on vehicle register…think vehicle is in Australia or on the water? Tesla tells me they can see it is ‘in transit’ but not where it is. Feels kind of like it is still on a boat but not far from shore…

So with an EDD of now to 15 September, invoiced and rego forms provided, VIN not appearing on vehicle register…think vehicle is in Australia or on the water? Tesla tells me they can see it is ‘in transit’ but not where it is. Feels kind of like it is still on a boat but not far from shore…
Check out Vedaprime. Seems like that dude has all the Tesla shipping answers!