Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Reactions: 121Gwatts and wilzt
Glad to see you sharing your positivity again @MagicalseT. You night need to give it to us once a week until the new quarter's production run 👍
Well, not much option really. Looks like hibernation until at least October with mid to late November delivery the best outcome. So, in for the long haul. And in June I was pitying those poor people that had been waiting since December for their cars. Our wait will be closer to 9 month!

Reactions: NoTimeToLose
Well, not much option really. Looks like hibernation until at least October with mid to late November delivery the best outcome. So, in for the long haul. And in June I was pitying those poor people that had been waiting since December for their cars. Our wait will be closer to 9 month!
I hear you, fellow Februarian!
I have never ever purchased a brand new car (always been a selective purchaser from the second hand market) and am seriously hoping the *eventual* receipt of the car will make the long haul worthwhile!

I hear you, fellow Februarian!
I have never ever purchased a brand new car (always been a selective purchaser from the second hand market) and am seriously hoping the *eventual* receipt of the car will make the long haul worthwhile!
Well said… the only problem is now coping with all the WWW’s (well worth the wait comments) from people who ordered way after us and currently either driving or about to drive their cars!

For those that have joined recently and are awaiting their 3 or Y… here’s a little distraction I put together to while away the time…

This is my first time seeing this... If this is you @MagicalseT you did an incredible job... all I can say now is that my brain hurts from trying to figure this out and I forgot I'd ordered a car all together haha....

Reactions: MagicalseT
Well said… the only problem is now coping with all the WWW’s (well worth the wait comments) from people who ordered way after us and currently either driving or about to drive their cars!
Yeah, I'm sure if I only had to wait 5 months I'd think it was well worth the wait, too. I feel for you February guys cos it'll be 8 or 9 months by the time you get your wheels. I'm only a few weeks back but just looking at the calendar makes it seem so much longer. Well, the WWW guys will be off driving their cars soon so will no longer be in this thread and we can continue waiting impatiently.

Reactions: MagicalseT
That video is wild... it still blows my mind how large the gigafactory is.

Such a crystal clear video aswell..
More importantly... From that video, it looked like clear majority of cars going on those trailers were black. As default color for AU orders is white and as black does attract more heat, it is not very likely that AU orders would have that much black orders in the mix. There were plenty of white cars also and a few red, but blue and midnight silver appeared very light in the mix. So where are they sending those? Local deliveries or somewhere else in the world?

Sorry to be a pain but we also have a au / nz specific spreadsheet- it’s better because we can break it down by state.. and it lets us focus on Shanghai built vehicles instead of being mixed in with US built vehicles.

would you mind entering your details there?

Link to form: Microsoft Forms

Link to spreadsheet: Tesla Australia Delivery Tracker.xlsx
Oh hell yeah! I didn't realise there was an Aussie one. This is heaps better than the worldwide spreadsheet.. Thanks for sharing I just added my info.

Reactions: mpowney
More importantly... From that video, it looked like clear majority of cars going on those trailers were black. As default color for AU orders is white and as black does attract more heat, it is not very likely that AU orders would have that much black orders in the mix. There were plenty of white cars also and a few red, but blue and midnight silver appeared very light in the mix. So where are they sending those? Local deliveries or somewhere else in the world?
Interestingly, the cars being driven at the start of the video were right-hand drive, but they look like Model Ys to me. And the cars being loaded onto transporters later were LHD which I guess makes sense since they'll likely be domestic?

I was sitting here when the YR became available and thought about pulling the trigger.

However I was in the queue to pay $78800 for a M3LR and the price at the time of this spec had moved up to over $90k.

So by switching to a MY I would have given up $12k in equity in the M3 LR to switch to a lower spec car (MY base model).

I think quite a few of us ran the same sums.
Yes I ran the sums too ..... the Long Range is the pick (IMO) .... fantastic to drive and I do like build quality. I would have considered a Y LR but another $20k for a hatchback and 20mm ground clearance????