Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No worries at all, glad I can help you and potentially others 🙂. They did my trade-in valuation in Feb/Mar, now in Sep they dropped it by $500, due to extra kms and car being 7 months older.
$500 is acceptable, I was worried they might turn around and drop thousands off which would make me have to go back to the drawing board and re do all my finance.

Thanks again for your help really appreciate it.

Reactions: DreNewy
Sorry if this is already in a sticky, or this thread.
Reading the last few pages about VIN's and invoices and finance, thought I'd share that I had a few "one last things" from my finance before they'd issue the funds that were "pre-approved"
As mentioned, they wanted a final invoice (I asked the SA to provide one, the SA wrote back asking the finance to write to him asking for what I'd just asked for. So I wrote the finance, asking them to ask, and they then wrote back to me, asking me if I gave permission for them to ask for the invoice - NO, I'm not making this up!)
Anyway...
the point of this post was, after invoice was provided, the finance folks then said they needed to see the VIN registered here in Australia.
So, as they only seemed to check once a day, here's the website

My VIN was added about midday, so I sent that info to the finance, and they graciously settled the next day. (Still no delivery date yet.........)

Sorry if this is already in a sticky, or this thread.
Reading the last few pages about VIN's and invoices and finance, thought I'd share that I had a few "one last things" from my finance before they'd issue the funds that were "pre-approved"
As mentioned, they wanted a final invoice (I asked the SA to provide one, the SA wrote back asking the finance to write to him asking for what I'd just asked for. So I wrote the finance, asking them to ask, and they then wrote back to me, asking me if I gave permission for them to ask for the invoice - NO, I'm not making this up!)
Anyway...
the point of this post was, after invoice was provided, the finance folks then said they needed to see the VIN registered here in Australia.
That reminds me - possibly useful advice to also share is that Tesla no longer deal directly with salary packaging companies. I had to do the in-between work, which whilst not a big problem was a minor surprise and apparently relatively recent change in approach from Tesla. Also, my finance company for my lease, BOQ, settled on VIN alone.

26 Feb order......sigh......still waiting for any news. Who's had the longest wait here ???? RWD
Out of interest, does anyone recall the latest regular build date (not cancellation) for the RWD?
I think I remember 10th February for some reason. Bearing in mind, there may not be as many still here in the waiting room, as they’ve already got their VINs and may have jumped ship (sorry, it was there, I had to)

Out of interest, does anyone recall the latest regular build date (not cancellation) for the RWD?
I think I remember 10th February for some reason. Bearing in mind, there may not be as many still here in the waiting room, as they’ve already got their VINs and may have jumped ship (sorry, it was there, I had to)
From the spreadsheet (linked in my signature) for the RWD it's the 7th of Feb.

The cars were built on the 12th of August and they were notified of the VIN between the 13th and 15th of August.

There have been some lucky people with orders in later Feb (think it was the 19th) that had ordered less popular build combinations that managed to snare a cancellation that was built around that date but they only got notified late August or early September of the VIN.

Reactions: MagicalseT
16 Feb order here. No sign of a VIN. The accessories are piling up. People keep asking me if my Tesla's arrived yet.

Throw me a frickin' bone, Elon!
Same situation here, my brother just waited 18 months for a Jag so I just think to myself it could be worse, I'm fairly confident we'll see a vin in October and the car in November, only an unplanned shutdown will stop it now.

Another late Feb RWD (Vanilla) order here, no VIN, patiently waiting. No value in whining, but seeing MY open-up, ship and delivered over the last 6 months was a little odd to say the least: but it is what it is. The one frustration is that each week sees a further decline in Current Vehicle Value/trade in.

In preparation for a 'possible' Nov M3 delivery, I assume it is soon time to move my 2021 3 Series M Sport.

Outside of Carsales.com.au (and at a stretch Facebook or Gumtree) - does anyone have any tips/other platforms for moving a circa $60K, 14K km vehicle in Sydney? The Tesla trade valuation back in Feb was way below market, could only imagine what it is now. Cheers.

Last edited:
Another late Feb RWD (Vanilla) order here, no VIN, patiently waiting. No value in whining, but seeing MY open-up, ship and delivered over the last 6 months was a little odd to say the least: but it is what it is. The one frustration is that each week sees a further decline in Current Vehicle Value/trade in.

In preparation for a 'possible' Nov M3 delivery, I assume it is soon time to move my 2021 3 Series M Sport.

Outside of Carsales.com.au (and at a stretch Facebook or Gumtree) - does anyone have any tips/other platforms for moving a circa $60K, 14K km vehicle in Sydney? The Tesla trade valuation back in Feb was way below market, could only imagine what it is now. Cheers.
Carsales instant offer might be okay, otherwise could potentially shop it to some dealers by calling them up if you don't want to mess around with dealing with tyre kickers. Everyone needs stock at the moment. I had my 435i convertible on Carsales and got bought by a dealer (Dutton One) at a competitive price.

From the spreadsheet (linked in my signature) for the RWD it's the 7th of Feb.

The cars were built on the 12th of August and they were notified of the VIN between the 13th and 15th of August.

There have been some lucky people with orders in later Feb (think it was the 19th) that had ordered less popular build combinations that managed to snare a cancellation that was built around that date but they only got notified late August or early September of the VIN.