Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The latest videos like this one show Tesla are really pumping out the export production and sending cars to the port. I don't believe any of these are for Australia yet as they have recently been allocating VINs as they roll off the production line rather than late assignments at the port or while in transit, and none of us have got a VIN.

That said they can do this entire backlog for us in a matter of days so there is time to get us sorted in the next week or two. And have cars delivered in November.

Looks like a lot of LR's there again...
I can't watch the video from work right now but I recall another poster saying a few weeks ago that in Japan RWD orders had been filled a lot further along than LR and P. In Australia it's obviously the opposite but if there are a lot of LR being produced right now for other markets they may well be catching up on the type that's lagging in those markets. Fingers crossed that's what they do when production starts for Australia because if it's not bulk M3 RWDs being first cabs of the rank then someone at Tesla needs a beat down!

I get that but it just did happen with MY's getting VINs this week (apparently). It can't just keep happening indefinitely. At some stage they have to clear the backlog of 3's going back to February.
100% agree. Sugars me off as well. Just want this bloody car now

Moderators note: S bomb replaced with "Sugars". Normally the software would do this but please remember swearing is not permitted on TMC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagine Tesla want to produce the back log of RWDs ahead from earlier in the year.

The cost of parts to make these cars has gone up significantly, which is why the cost of the car has also risen. The longer Tesla leave these orders unfilled, the less profit they make on the car.

Essentially I'll be paying less than 70k for my car which very well might be worth more than 80k by the time the order is filled..

Reactions: MozMan
Well on the other hand for tesla delaying the backlog for us feb orders, Aussie $ is falling (2.77% the last 5 days and 6.4% for the last 3 months to be exact) and here we are paying in australian $ and most of us lock in the price at $59900 so thats gunna be another huge loss. So they better hurry up.

Moderators Note; This is a good example of one poster swearing, emboldening subsequent posters to do the same or escalate.
F bomb removed from this post too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagine Tesla want to produce the back log of RWDs ahead from earlier in the year.

The cost of parts to make these cars has gone up significantly, which is why the cost of the car has also risen. The longer Tesla leave these orders unfilled, the less profit they make on the car.

Essentially I'll be paying less than 70k for my car which very well might be worth more than 80k by the time the order is filled..
I received a call from Tesla asking me if I would like to cancel my order.