Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a call from Tesla asking me if I would like to cancel my order.
Seriously? Did they say what prompted them to call you? Watching these forums perhaps?

If you're not kidding (I did just pull that cruel trick on y'all) I find it kinda funny and more than excruciatingly offensive that the only communications from these clowns after 7 or 8 months of waiting is to ask if you want to cancel. Probably so they can get room on the ship for newer orders at the higher price. I bet they also didn't offer to refund your deposit because it'd be you initiating the cancellation despite it being at their suggestion.

Man, I can't stand the lack of respect from this company.

Seriously? Did they say what prompted them to call you? Watching these forums perhaps?

If you're not kidding (I did just pull that cruel trick on y'all) I find it kinda funny and more than excruciatingly offensive that the only communications from these clowns after 7 or 8 months of waiting is to ask if you want to cancel. Probably so they can get room on the ship for newer orders at the higher price. I bet they also didn't offer to refund your deposit because it'd be you initiating the cancellation despite it being at their suggestion.

Man, I can't stand the lack of respect from this company.
Their reason is they have to call everyone who ordered 3 and y if they still want to keep the order. According to them there are some clients who have forgotten about the 3 order and in that case they will have to remind the client to cancel.

But I don't believe a single word from his mouth. 59900 has been a great price for us but not them.

Yep that's his reason why am I getting this call.
I dont blame them trying to reach out to people with both M3 and MY on orders. Seeing deliveries till the very end of this quarter due to many cancellations, they want to check early. they spend time sorting our invoices, assigning VINs, booking trucks, rego, etc and then people cancel at the very last moment. they obviously want to avoid deliveries going into Christmas.

Their reason is they have to call everyone who ordered 3 and y if they still want to keep the order. According to them there are some clients who have forgotten about the 3 order and in that case they will have to remind the client to cancel.

But I don't believe a single word from his mouth. 59900 has been a great price for us but not them.

I got the same call and locked in mine at $60,900

They are calling people to double check people still want the 3. Of course they want to make more profit by people cancelling but they also want to make sure they aren't screwing around with paperwork when peoples Tesla's are at the delivery center and they forget they had one

Me when I see a model 3 driving around:
"Oooooohhh there's a Tesla, that's what I'm getting! So excited"

Me when I see a model Y:
"Oh Damn you model Y's, jumping straight to front of the Damn queue"
My thoughts exactly driving back from work today!

Moderators Note: Removing the F bomb from the quoted post

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not sure if this is currently happening to other people out there awaiting their M3 RWD.
I was so happy that I’d ordered a Tesla, I more or less told anyone that would listen that I’d ordered a Model 3.
Especially family and friends.
That was in the heady days of February, after being told “there’s a good chance it’ll be here at the end of June.”
I am now sometimes consciously avoiding these same people because I’ve run out of lame excuses as to why the promised car is not here. “How’s the car going?”… ”happy with the new wheels?” Etc. I’m sick of coming up with excuses for a terrible system of organising their car deliveries. I‘m not sure, but all of those contacts are probably not impressed with the delay after my glowing pride and “could be June“ comments, which would presumably affect their decision on the purchase of a Tesla.
And please, don’t come back with the old “it‘s well worth the wait” comments. I’m way past that.

I’m not sure if this is currently happening to other people out there awaiting their M3 RWD.
I was so happy that I’d ordered a Tesla, I more or less told anyone that would listen that I’d ordered a Model 3.
That was in the heady days of February, after being told “there’s a good chance it’ll be here at the end of June.”
I am now sometimes consciously avoiding these same people because I’ve run out of lame excuses as to why the promised car is not here. “How’s the car going?”… ”happy with the new wheels?” Etc. I’m sick of coming up with excuses for a terrible system of organising their car deliveries. I‘m not sure, but all of those contacts are probably not impressed with the delay after my glowing pride and “could be June“ comments, which would presumably affect their decision on the purchase of a Tesla.
And please, don’t come back with the old “it‘s well worth the wait” comments. I’m way past that.
yup, I did the same. only difference for me that I was following this thread before I ordered my M3. and the SA was honest at the time of test drive that my car will not be built before Jan 2023, so I told myself and anyone who asks about the car that it will be 12 months minimum.

I feel for you. I ordered at beginning of March and shared my pride with two of my other mates. They both ordered Model Y in June under my influence and now both have been driving over a month. Now, everytime they begin a conversation with me they started with "I still remembered you chat about ordering a model 3 back in March". I am sick of that.

Reactions: Snoopy1
I might be going against the grain here but the wait really isn’t bothering me.

I’m used to waiting for things I’ve wanted in the last few years due to Covid. My 3080 GPU was 6 months, PS5 2 months, new components for my motorcycle on aliexpress 2 months, LTT backpack is current at two months and no signs of that being shipped any time soon.

Of course I’m eagerly awaiting the car. Every time I’m out doing errands in the our little hatchback I wish it was the model 3. Of course all my friends, family and colleagues all want updates and I just tell them “it’ll come at some point” with a smile, and then indulge them with all the manufacturing and logistics information I’ve learnt while being here.

It’s going to come soon, and when I ordered it was quoted 6-9 months and I’m only 3 days into the 6th month.

I’m not trying to change other people’s feelings about this, just posting my thoughts that I don’t mind so much. I’ve got loads of other things I can do in the mean time.

This Lego isn’t going to build itself!

I might be going against the grain here but the wait really isn’t bothering me.

I’m used to waiting for things I’ve wanted in the last few years due to Covid. My 3080 GPU was 6 months, PS5 2 months, new components for my motorcycle on aliexpress 2 months, LTT backpack is current at two months and no signs of that being shipped any time soon.

Of course I’m eagerly awaiting the car. Every time I’m out doing errands in the our little hatchback I wish it was the model 3. Of course all my friends, family and colleagues all want updates and I just tell them “it’ll come at some point” with a smile, and then indulge them with all the manufacturing and logistics information I’ve learnt while being here.

It’s going to come soon, and when I ordered it was quoted 6-9 months and I’m only 3 days into the 6th month.

I’m not trying to change other people’s feelings about this, just posting my thoughts that I don’t mind so much. I’ve got loads of other things I can do in the mean time.

This Lego isn’t going to build itself!
To be honest I would not be frustrated if model y waiting time is similar (70% same parts).