Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just look at the reaction to the number of cars built but not delivered last quarter, and you'll understand why Tesla always tried to keep that number as low as possible.

"Tesla blames logistics problems after delivering fewer cars than forecast" - Financial Times
"Telsa [sic] slides on widening delivery and production gap, demand worries" - Yahoo Finance

And those are just the top hits from Google.

It's a ridiculous metric, but here we are.

I think also .. Have a look at demand/sales for Q1 and Q2 2022 and the SIGNIFICANT jump in sales around march/april 2022.. ('member oil prices and the ukraine war??--- I 'member)
I'm not making excuses for Tesla .. BUT sales pretty much doubled/tripled over those 2 months from previous months and then fell back again afterwards. There could be reasons, ie: working through backlog etc..

But I'm also a cynic and I'm an April order and I'm sick of waiting for my car .. .HURRY THE EFF UP TESLA!!!! 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: banana0692
Just look at the reaction to the number of cars built but not delivered last quarter, and you'll understand why Tesla always tried to keep that number as low as possible.

"Tesla blames logistics problems after delivering fewer cars than forecast" - Financial Times
"Telsa [sic] slides on widening delivery and production gap, demand worries" - Yahoo Finance

And those are just the top hits from Google.

It's a ridiculous metric, but here we are.
A lot of that is due to them switching to export early.

I just visited Tesla, Chadstone, here in Melbourne. I thought it might be worth asking a question on possible delays for April RWD orders given the current status of older orders still waiting. For some reason, the guy called Cedric seemed to take immediate offence to the question and proceeded to answer rudely, shrugging shoulders and brushing me away. I imagine they're being asked this frequently but he said he is unaware of any delays to orders. I showed him the order list and he pretty much implied that they were not real. If he can't see the order numbers against them, they're not true... A piss poor experience if you ask me by someone who while I understand maybe asked the question frequently, could respond in a way that was with respect.

I just visited Tesla, Chadstone, here in Melbourne. I thought it might be worth asking a question on possible delays for April RWD orders given the current status of older orders still waiting. For some reason, the guy called Cedric seemed to take immediate offence to the question and proceeded to answer rudely, shrugging shoulders and brushing me away. I imagine they're being asked this frequently but he said he is unaware of any delays to orders. I showed him the order list and he pretty much implied that they were not real. If he can't see the order numbers against them, they're not true... A piss poor experience if you ask me by someone who while I understand maybe asked the question frequently, could respond in a way that was with respect.
Maybe call the 1800 686 705 number online with your Tesla account to make a complaint

This article from the driven gives an idea to how much the lockdown put Tesla behind in China
Just don't read the article in apple news from Popular mechanic... 20,000 vehicles under the sea..

All about how the Felicity Ace sank in March with $400 million worth of Lambos, Bentleys, Porsche Taycans etc.. *Shudder*

Just don't read the article in apple news from Popular mechanic... 20,000 vehicles under the sea..

All about how the Felicity Ace sank in March with $400 million worth of Lambos, Bentleys, Porsche Taycans etc.. *Shudder*
Them fishes want to live in the luxury of Bentleys also...

Not what else you were expecting.
Its been pretty widely established in this thread that the showroom staff don't have any additional insights into production or delivery.

Not what else you were expecting.
Its been pretty widely established in this thread that the showroom staff don't have any additional insights into production or delivery.

@moa999 at a minimum, I was expecting common respect.