Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Stokesy,
I hear you... but has the list price of the car gone up since you purchased in March?
That is one thing to consider... you may be paying more interest, but you got the car cheaper than it is now?
Just trying to help you justify the rate rise!
I am about to sign my extension with Macquarie and the guy mentioned to me that I can sign the extension in a few weeks and keep the locked in rate (3.99). It made me think, I might delay a few weeks and it gives me some more grace for the delay in delivery. For those getting to the end of the initial period, it might be worth asking per the above and see what the bank/loaning company say too.

I am about to sign my extension with Macquarie and the guy mentioned to me that I can sign the extension in a few weeks and keep the locked in rate (3.99). It made me think, I might delay a few weeks and it gives me some more grace for the delay in delivery. For those getting to the end of the initial period, it might be worth asking per the above and see what the bank/loaning company say too.
I can tell you I have spoken to Liberty.
The initial approval was for 90 days (I applied when I ordered mid May).
They've told me they can take a look and reapprove it for another 90 (I think I will wait until much closer to expected delivery).
But here is the interesting part... reapproval is valid for 90 days, but interest rate only locked in for 14 days at reapproval.

I think we can safely say that if VIN's aren't allocated by early next week we can kiss goodbye to November

If that happens im seriously going to consider cancelling
Understand your frustration and I am torn between doing a lot of impulsive things I know I will regret...but like our friend who is going to stare down Tesla with monk like patience I am stroppy enough to make them hand over the car at a good price, which I am sure they don't want to $61k....$1k more than your even better price , and throw in the recharge cable for free, again what they don't want to do. It makes me feel a little bit less powerless .
Also I have the same configuration as you and hoping they make mine at the same time as yours..
My great fear is it arrives after December 10 when I am overseas visiting my son for Christmas and I have no one to pick it up and they rub me out and take my deposit...final indignity..curse you Tesla , unless of course they provide me with a VIN this weekend for November delivery then all is forgiven.😂
OD 12/3 RWD

Reactions: illesornayr
I can tell you I have spoken to Liberty.
The initial approval was for 90 days (I applied when I ordered mid May).
They've told me they can take a look and reapprove it for another 90 (I think I will wait until much closer to expected delivery).
But here is the interesting part... reapproval is valid for 90 days, but interest rate only locked in for 14 days at reapproval.
I'm not sure they legally can do that

Understand your frustration and I am torn between doing a lot of impulsive things I know I will regret...but like our friend who is going to stare down Tesla with monk like patience I am stroppy enough to make them hand over the car at a good price, which I am sure they don't want to $61k....$1k more than your even better price , and throw in the recharge cable for free, again what they don't want to do. It makes me feel a little bit less powerless .
Also I have the same configuration as you and hoping they make mine at the same time as yours..
My great fear is it arrives after December 10 when I am overseas visiting my son for Christmas and I have no one to pick it up and they rub me out and take my deposit...final indignity..curse you Tesla , unless of course they provide me with a VIN this weekend for November delivery then all is forgiven.😂
OD 12/3 RWD

1665113790096.gif

Reactions: Snoopy1
So I got a little update. Not sure if it helps distract the team here, but here goes...
I got a call today from my Tesla delivery assistant. As I ordered 2 months ago, he wanted to know if I had any questions about the car or ownership. I mentioned I already have a Model 3, so the new car is just upgrade and not many questions about car or ownership. He made sure I understood that the new car does not come with the mobile charger included so suggested I keep one from my current car when I sell it.
So I figured I would air my concerns about the delivery times and delays or early access to cancelled cars. He said if there is a cancelled car assigned to me, I have the option to decline it and have my order moved back into my original delivery window, if I am not available to pick it up early. He did mention that this option is only available if I contact them very quickly after the car is assigned. So I asked if I could give him heads up now for a time I will not be available and he agreed to put a note on my account with the date range when I cannot accept or pick up the car, so they will not assign me one with pickup in that time window.
I also told him that I would like to get 4 weeks notice of the car coming so I could arrange to sell the current car, and he agreed that they usually send a text message at least a month ahead, so that would be enough time to get all sorted and they work with my lease company to get things sorted.
About the time window for the early delivery date, he said their current data shows that my order is on track to be delivered in the window assigned for me from Feb-May 2023 and he agreed the chance of earlier delivery for me would be rather slim as there are not that many cancellations, but he did mention the chance was not zero. I asked how good of a chance was that I get delayed beyond that window and he said with the current data they have, they are sure it will get delivered in that window for me and no delays are currently expected for my order.
He was very pleasant and presented well. Sometimes reading this forum leaves the image that they dont care and are delaying things without any contact or response, but this call restored my good will towards Tesla team, they have some pleasant people on their team that do make the effort. It did remind me that with my previous order and pickup the experience was very pleasant.

So I got a little update. Not sure if it helps distract the team here, but here goes...
I got a call today from my Tesla delivery assistant. As I ordered 2 months ago, he wanted to know if I had any questions about the car or ownership. I mentioned I already have a Model 3, so the new car is just upgrade and not many questions about car or ownership. He made sure I understood that the new car does not come with the mobile charger included so suggested I keep one from my current car when I sell it.
So I figured I would air my concerns about the delivery times and delays or early access to cancelled cars. He said if there is a cancelled car assigned to me, I have the option to decline it and have my order moved back into my original delivery window, if I am not available to pick it up early. He did mention that this option is only available if I contact them very quickly after the car is assigned. So I asked if I could give him heads up now for a time I will not be available and he agreed to put a note on my account with the date range when I cannot accept or pick up the car, so they will not assign me one with pickup in that time window.
I also told him that I would like to get 4 weeks notice of the car coming so I could arrange to sell the current car, and he agreed that they usually send a text message at least a month ahead, so that would be enough time to get all sorted and they work with my lease company to get things sorted.
About the time window for the early delivery date, he said their current data shows that my order is on track to be delivered in the window assigned for me from Feb-May 2023 and he agreed the chance of earlier delivery for me would be rather slim as there are not that many cancellations, but he did mention the chance was not zero. I asked how good of a chance was that I get delayed beyond that window and he said with the current data they have, they are sure it will get delivered in that window for me and no delays are currently expected for my order.
He was very pleasant and presented well. Sometimes reading this forum leaves the image that they dont care and are delaying things without any contact or response, but this call restored my good will towards Tesla team, they have some pleasant people on their team that do make the effort. It did remind me that with my previous order and pickup the experience was very pleasant.
Yep pretty much what my SA said to me in the greeting call. They are lovely to deal with but also not too useful either.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
Thanks, that is very useful information for my situation 👍

This question is for anyone here who financed their car with pepper money and taken delivery already, were you able to use evie charging network for free like they said. If yes what was the process to claim the free charging? Did you receive an email from evie after settlement?

For those on here that are not aware, Veda Prime offers a great service on tracking, plus many more benefits with up to date info not rumours. If you’re spending $60K or more…. A few bucks a month is certainly worth it. Just a suggestion, and if you’re interested here’s the link: