Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, first time user here. Been reading up but there's quite a bit of content.

Ordered regular model 3 in march 2022 but man, still waiting and can't figure out when / which ship they all coming on. Thought last shipment to Aus was definitely us... Nope lol any updates or info be greatly appreciated

Well this is the $60k+ question... Your car probably hasn't been built yet, so ship-watching has limited value. Collective opinion is that you *should* get a Mar '22 order this year. But who knows.

xx.png
Lets keep our prayer together! boys& girls!

Can anyone correct me if im wrong, since us late jan/feb orders havent received any vins yet the next ship to come our way other than crystal that left on the 5th(which is now a write-off for us) is passama leaving on the 11/10 and don juan 24/10. Which will arrive at port kembla on 5/11 and 10/11 respectively. So if we dont receive any vin between now and 24/10 we wont get our cars in november its gunna stretch till december. So our time frame aug-nov is not achievable unless we receive vins in the next 2 weeks.

Hope you don't mind me popping in from the Y thread, I was curious if you guys had had any VINs this week.
Anyway the Morning Crystal is/was late and didn't arrive to Shanghai port until yesterday so it's still a possibility to have 3s loaded on it if they have been built

Hope you don't mind me popping in from the Y thread, I was curious if you guys had had any VINs this week.
Anyway the Morning Crystal is/was late and didn't arrive to Shanghai port until yesterday so it's still a possibility to have 3s loaded on it if they have been built
We've had no VINs assigned so it's unlikely

Some LR and some RWD. It could have something to do with the midnight silver colour choice as well. Just thought I'd mention because it could mean they are prioritising our region or prioritising more popular colours to get as many delivered as possible.
To some extent we can look at EU waiting times with a grain of salt, as it is possible they may be looking at adding Model 3 production line to the Berlin factory as that was originally planned to start there after Model Y production gets running, so their orders may be moving over to that factory production and as initial production is slow to ramp, the wait times may get affected by that? However it may also be that the Shanghai production just cannot keep up with the demand and the wait times will lag even further.
As my order is LR with MSM paint, I might be affected and may have to revise my hope of getting it in the H1 2023 to hoping to get it before the end of 2023 :rolleyes:

I think we can safely say that if VIN's aren't allocated by early next week we can kiss goodbye to November

If that happens im seriously going to consider cancelling
If I can't settle my loan by Jan 4th when my pre-approved finance at 4.99% expires, I'm not confident I could afford the loan at what ever rates Jan would be (maybe 6-8%? yikes) and I might need to cancel.

Literally any other year the wait wouldn't bother me at all, but every single month we don't get it the car gets more and more expensive.

I hear you... but has the list price of the car gone up since you purchased in March?
I actually think I ordered it just after the last price hike.

It's slightly frustrating - I had been debating buying the car for months. I started looking in October, and I remember the Tesla website actually had inventory in stock with a 1-3 week delivery. I didn't do it, and spent months working on budgets and deciding if it was worth it and affordable.

When I finally felt confident enough in the purchase, and got my partner on board it was late March. Prices had gone up, but interest rate was still low. It will worked out well.

Every month that ticks by interest rates rise. Our locked in price is easily affordable... another 1% rise is do-able. Another 1% rise on top of that and suddenly I'm way too much on a monthly car payment. I could likely still afford it, but with everything else rising as well it will start to get tight.

I'd probably cancel, not because I couldn't afford it, but it wouldn't be worth it anymore.