Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checking on the rebate program in NSW, So I thought I'd go check on how many rebates are left (22833 of 25000) on offer and came across this. This is suppose to be updated quarterly, so they are 6 months out of date, anybody care to take a guess?

1665463587631.png

For Victorian people FYI - I received an email today from Solar Victoria advising that they have extended my subsidy application (which Tesla apply for on my behalf) until April 2023.

I am in a Feb-May 23 delivery window (June order), apparently the scheme requires vehicles are delivered within 6 months of the contact of sale but due to global supply challenges the scheme is extended.

Hopefully I will get the vehicle before April and don't run into issues on that front ... Should hopefully arrive in Feb!
I received a similar email from Solar Victoria today and my application has been extended until 21-Feb-2023 - this is for a 27-Apr-2022 order (RWD).
I am still showing Jan-Apr 2023 delivery window so hopefully we don't get toasted on that.

Reactions: Pierce11
I received a similar email from Solar Victoria today and my application has been extended until 21-Feb-2023 - this is for a 27-Apr-2022 order (RWD).
I am still showing Jan-Apr 2023 delivery window so hopefully we don't get toasted on that.
Fingers crossed!

Your rebate was at least extended to essentially the end of your delivery window, whereas I *could* receive my car in May and it would be after the rebate. Hopefully though it gets extended again especially given the reason for the delay.

But also since even a new order today still quotes the Feb to May timeframe I would imagine that I should get the car Feb or March.

But who knows it's all speculation of course.

My prediction on VIN allocations = 23rd October.
I used a highly scientific method - the same one i assume Tesla use.
Pin Calendar to the wall, step back about 5 paces, throw darts. Hence, my results are
Wall
Wall
Floor
23rd October...

ps: Don't throw darts at a plaster wall. It leaves holes. But, at least i have something to do now whilst i wait for the car. Patching the wall.

M3 RWD. OD 16/03/2022

My prediction on VIN allocations = 23rd October.
I used a highly scientific method - the same one i assume Tesla use.
Pin Calendar to the wall, step back about 5 paces, throw darts. Hence, my results are
Wall
Wall
Floor
23rd October...

ps: Don't throw darts at a plaster wall. It leaves holes. But, at least i have something to do now whilst i wait for the car. Patching the wall.

M3 RWD. OD 16/03/2022
1665476250380.png

• Funny
Reactions: choppa
So my SA called me yesterday with an update after I wrote quite an abrupt text to him.
I ordered 5/3/22 and he said that the wait should be no more than 2 weeks to get a VIN, but he wasnt promising! Matches are happening for cars in different colours after me currently on orders received after me!! I ordered metallic grey. 4 weeks delivery after VIN he is reporting (up to 6 weeks). Vins are being allocated on manufacture, at the port and on ships. Ships are expected to dock at Brisbane not just Sydney now for Brissy people.
I complained that the brand is damaged due to the lack of comms, no offerings to keep us happy waiting. He then admitted it is much more expensive to manufacture now and the M3s are still much more popular than the Y. No surprises there. I hope people don't cancel. You are better off getting it then selling it! You can profit not Elon :)

So my SA called me yesterday with an update after I wrote quite an abrupt text to him.
I ordered 5/3/22 and he said that the wait should be no more than 2 weeks to get a VIN, but he wasnt promising! Matches are happening for cars in different colours after me currently on orders received after me!! I ordered metallic grey. 4 weeks delivery after VIN he is reporting (up to 6 weeks). Vins are being allocated on manufacture, at the port and on ships. Ships are expected to dock at Brisbane not just Sydney now for Brissy people.
I complained that the brand is damaged due to the lack of comms, no offerings to keep us happy waiting. He then admitted it is much more expensive to manufacture now and the M3s are still much more popular than the Y. No surprises there. I hope people don't cancel. You are better off getting it then selling it! You can profit not Elon :)
Thanks but must take it with a grain of salt. Vin will come when it will come. It is what it is.

I also sent an text message to my SA middle of last week and have yet to receive a reply.... not surprised really.

If they are VIN matching as they say, wouldn't we at least have seen some VIN's by now? By all reports, there has been no M3 VIN allocations this quarter. Like everyone else says, I think the SA's have little to no idea what is happening.... which is probably the main reason mine hasn't bothered to reply to my message from last week...

He then admitted it is much more expensive to manufacture now and the M3s are still much more popular than the Y.
Media has been trying to push the agenda that Model Y is more popular and seems many tend to believe it, because Tesla manufactures more of them and delivers more, as they have higher profit margins and easier/quicker to manufacture, but from all the contacts I have spoken to it has so far seemed to me that the Model Y push does not actually reflect the preferences of buyers and there seems to have much more interest in the Model 3 than Model Y and the only reason why the Model Y sale numbers are higher is because of the higher manufacturing numbers.
Though this may just be the case of a small subset of buyers that I have had contact with, so may be very subjective view.

Well, thanks for that. It does give a bit of hope for next week. You definitely did better than I did. I rang sales yesterday and then said I actually wanted to know about my delivery. He must have thought I was illiterate as he read me back my EDD on my account page 😂 When pressed he read it back again😢
when I ordered it was like other March orders I know , a 5-7 month wait so definitely before my birthday, now my hopes of a VIN before my birthday dashed, bar so low now as to be invisible.
RWD 12/3 OD , White Black interior 18inch wheels, nothing fancy thought it would make it easier to obtain 😊

On a bunch of FB pages, model Y’s orderers (it’s a word) that ordered in June onwards (including launch day) have had their EDD delayed in the last few days on their apps/order pages. They were initially Nov-Feb, now Jan-Mar.

So that gives me hope they are prioritising 3’s. Tho we’ve had no update and seem to be in limbo (I empathise with Jan/Feb/Mar orders), at least it hasn’t been pushed back in our apps.

Ordered Aug, EDD Feb-May ‘23.