Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question guys - ordered my M3 RWD back in mid-March, Tesla app still shows 6-9 months for delivery, no VIN assigned (obviously).
My plan is to finance part of the total cost, but I haven't even started to approach a bank yet. Was told by the SA back in March that ideally it would be better to wait for a VIN assignment to kick-off a loan application, as it usually expires in a few weeks and the car could be pending delivery still.

What's the best way to move forward in this case, for those who've been through this step? Since I'm expecting a VIN at any time now, better to start thinking about it sooner than later I reckon.
Its better in your case to shop around as you will get your VIN within the next couple of weeks, look at some banks (not the big 4) and credit unions as they have a lower interest rates for green cars but their process can take al least a week for them to approve.

Good luck!

Glad to see people are being given VINs/EDDs.

For those going through Macquarie for finance my current pre-approval (from April 2022) expires on the 19th of October and they've just advised me of the following changes;

• Fixed rate option - 2.99% to 6.19% (today)
  • Variable option (new) - New variable rate option @ 5.94% (today)
  • Establishment Fee - $0 to $990 establishment fee (not happy)
  • Annual fee - $0 to $83
  • Pre-approval period - 180days down to 90 days
Definitely annoyed about the fees coming into play now, was advised the original offer with Tesla vehicles was no fees and the lower rate, seems Macquarie are now wanting to make more off the loans.

While I don't like my chances, hopefully an invoice before the 19th.
Thanks for that update. 100% won't be using them for finance based on those fees.

Reactions: JoK77
I just remembered they also mentioned a break early fee would apply, with a value she couldn't tell me, which was bizarre.

Not sure if Macquarie are trying to lose business or what.
When I was looking a Macquarie they said the early break fee was $650 after 12 months.
I ended up redrawing on my mortgage, currently at 3.99%, and am paying that off without the hassle.

Reactions: JessicaDeleeuw
Just saw this analysis on Twitter, and it seems to confirm what is happening out there - the Model Ys are being delivered earlier because there are more of them being built.
(I know that a lot of the Ys are China domestic, but that's one hell of a yellow fill.)

Attachments

• 1665975887841.png
    1665975887841.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 54
I did a code search for "LRW" as per post #17526 and came back with zero result, so I guess no VIN for me yet. But scrolling through the source code, I did see the line that say "is_vin_assigned":true"

Am I suppose to search for something else other than LRW?
I'm not sure if it still works, but whilst logged in to your Tesla account you can try going to: https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders
It's supposed to show your VIN if you have one.
Otherwise my understanding is that LRW is the thing we're supposed to search for still.

Reactions: Missimpatient