Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's pretty much what happened to me with the model Y I ordered. And yes, you don't really have a choice - take the car allocated or start over.
That interesting, as I asked the exact same question from Tesla when they called me about my order to see if I had any questions. Well, my question was: "What are my options if I get assigned a cancelled car months before my delivery window and I am on holiday and not available for pickup?" They told me that if I get a VIN assigned message that is before my delivery window, I have the option of notifying them that I am not available at the time. He said I would need to notify them on the same day as then the car could be re-assigned to next person in queue and I would be returned to my original queue slot. He said If I waited longer before notifying them, they would have to bump me to end of queue. He also advised that if there are specific time windows that I cannot be available for pickup, to notify my delivery center ahead, so they would not assign me a car that is to be delivered in that time. So I already gave him the list of times I will not be available and he said he added this list to my account as a note, so they would know not to assign me a car when I cannot pick it up.
It is possible that different delivery centers have different ways of dealing with this or that the guy I spoke to was just blowing hot air, but its also possible that they do accommodate people being away if they know about it in time so their car assignments don't get too screwed up.

I think they could do a whole lot more:
-let us know when Australian vehicles are being produced
- give a more accurate edd based on this and provide an update
- let us know when the car is being shipped.
For such a high tech company, I can't imagine it would be very hard to have an automatic update in the app that shows the progress of your car.
Don't forget the other option: actually giving us the car when they say they will 😆

So, what’s the story if you place an order with an ETD of between March and May 2023 because that’s when YOU KNOW you’ll be ready to take delivery and THEY contact you and say your car will be delivered on October 30? NOT THAT THEY HAVE. But what’s the story if you decline because you don’t want your car UNTIL March-May next year? Lose your deposit and start again? That can’t be right can it?
This is the way.

Some positive news for everyone.
Received delivery date and tesla radar prompt.
Order date: 10 Feb Blue/black
Delivery date: 05 Dec to 19 Dec
No invoice yet. Don’t know why, thought of checking once more at 3 AM and yeah its there. Wasn’t there an hour ago. Cheers
I joked earlier on clockwise journey around AU...GC, Sdy, Mel and then Adelaide. We have reached Mel😁

So yesterday I bit the bullet and wrote an email to my SA saying that this was bull**** and if he couldn't tell me when I was going to get my car I was cancelling. Then I received a generic reply from a different SA saying 'expect aug -nov'. Great.

THEN I JUST GOT THE EDD!!!! 5-19 DEC! Sure, it's completely not November because Tesla, but omg. It's 9:17am and I need a drink.

Plus Dec 5 is my birthday! Aaaaaaaaand exhale....

So yesterday I bit the bullet and wrote an email to my SA saying that this was bull**** and if he couldn't tell me when I was going to get my car I was cancelling. Then I received a generic reply from a different SA saying 'expect aug -nov'. Great.

THEN I JUST GOT THE EDD!!!! 5-19 DEC! Sure, it's completely not November because Tesla, but omg. It's 9:17am and I need a drink.

Plus Dec 5 is my birthday! Aaaaaaaaand exhale....
Congratulations 👏👏 what was your order date?

Delivery date here too! Also 5th to 19th December. My subsidy expires on 10th December after already being extended so here’s hoping haha.

Feb 13th
Melbourne
MSM/black interior
Also no VIN yet

This came through after opening the app and needing to accept delivery of a new car with no USS.

Attachments

• 82E6BB79-84BB-404C-8FD7-54ECFC29B66E.jpeg
    82E6BB79-84BB-404C-8FD7-54ECFC29B66E.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 63
That interesting, as I asked the exact same question from Tesla when they called me about my order to see if I had any questions. Well, my question was: "What are my options if I get assigned a cancelled car months before my delivery window and I am on holiday and not available for pickup?" They told me that if I get a VIN assigned message that is before my delivery window, I have the option of notifying them that I am not available at the time. He said I would need to notify them on the same day as then the car could be re-assigned to next person in queue and I would be returned to my original queue slot. He said If I waited longer before notifying them, they would have to bump me to end of queue. He also advised that if there are specific time windows that I cannot be available for pickup, to notify my delivery center ahead, so they would not assign me a car that is to be delivered in that time. So I already gave him the list of times I will not be available and he said he added this list to my account as a note, so they would know not to assign me a car when I cannot pick it up.
It is possible that different delivery centers have different ways of dealing with this or that the guy I spoke to was just blowing hot air, but its also possible that they do accommodate people being away if they know about it in time so their car assignments don't get too screwed up.
Thanks for that, @Priit .... on the off chance the guy you spoke with WASN'T blowing hot air, I might go back to my local centre and ask them some more questions (or ask one of the other SA's ...)

Reactions: Missimpatient