Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's getting awfully quiet in here..
I can't speak for anyone else but I'm just a bit over it. With a 11/3 OD I thought it was a sure thing that I'd get my car delivered this quarter but with Tesla just drip feeding our market with a token 2 weeks' worth of orders only in select locations, it doesn't feel like that's much of a possibility. The latest drip fed EDD's go up to 19 December so I'd think any further VINs may have EDD's past that. It all feels a bit hopeless right now.

Captain's log: Day 260
We are 105 days away from a year adrift at sea on the FFS Tesla without any sign of treasure.

After hearing of successes from the FU Melbourne and the PO Gold Coast (a captain can be bitter), the crew from Perth are starting to get that look in the eye that bodes ill for anyone silly enough to say 'it was worth the wait' :p.
257 Days for me Captain and my treasure has finally made dry land in Aus - apparently. I feel for you; honestly do.
Guarantee that you won’t hear those words from me.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm just a bit over it. With a 11/3 OD I thought it was a sure thing that I'd get my car delivered this quarter but with Tesla just drip feeding our market with a token 2 weeks' worth of orders only in select locations, it doesn't feel like that's much of a possibility. The latest drip fed EDD's go up to 19 December so I'd think any further VINs may have EDD's past that. It all feels a bit hopeless right now.
My original EDD was 5-7 months back in Feb now will be lucky to see anything this year. Meanwhile the gouging by the fuel cartel continues.

Yep my thoughts exactly, my OD is 12/3 and I thought I was a shoe in to have it by now with the 5-7 month EDD they first gave me. Only positive thing is that these drips feeds may not be part of the Don Juan shipment that hopefully leaves in a week. If we are on that could still be late November early December delivery for us. Next few days will tell us that🤞

Ships not the bottleneck. Cherry and Crystal left Shanghai early Oct (1/10 and 6/10). They didn't book on those. Not to mention Viking Passama.
Ships are the bottleneck more specifically the cost. It's cheaper for Tesla to continue with there current delivery schedule than build more cars and need more short term shipping. They don't want to give up the profit per car they are making.

Exactly. This is the part that sh1ts me the most. Y orders that had Feb-May 2023 EDDs have suddently been brought forward to November deliveries while 3's get bugger all! Kills me
Tesla makes more profit on MY's and they take half the time to produce.

I think pretty much everyone is aware of this by now. Every company in the world is going to have a product line that delivers their highest margin. It doesn't mean that they forsake their second highest earner. To be bringing MY orders forward 3 months while M3 orders push even further back is ridiculous.

It's cheaper for Tesla to continue with there current delivery schedule than build more cars and need more short term shipping.
then we come back to same old argument. if the schedule is so current (and it has to be. they would have locked the production and shipping schedule for the quarter to get reasonably lower shipping cost), then why not communicate when they are planning to do AU production runs? we are not saying expedite, all we want is firm EDD window (that does not get pushed back) and better communication. most of the annoyance can be eliminated with better information.

Ships are the bottleneck more specifically the cost. It's cheaper for Tesla to continue with there current delivery schedule than build more cars and need more short term shipping. They don't want to give up the profit per car they are making.

So, they’re happy taking the orders, but not keen on honoring them when it comes to profits. Seems to me, as prices rise they stand to “lose” more… unless they never plan to build the early ones.

I get what you're saying, and we all know the reasoning. But it does leave a bad impression of tesla even before we collect the vehicle.

How long does it generally take from VIN assignment to taking delivery of your vehicle? If we haven’t been assigned a VIN in the next week can we assume that we will not be getting our car in November?? Tesla must know this by now and why not just tell us so we can plan finance, selling our current vehicle etc.

OD 19/02 RWD White / white. Perth

It's that quiet anxious time , like waiting as an important kick at goal is lined up ....excitement will erupt when an avalanche of February VINs comes down and the rest of us can see that there is hope for us yet that a RWD will arrive in our lifetime or before an important deadline......hopefully in the next 48 hours 😊
I get the feeling it'll be a long, slow dribble of allocations throughout the quarter with a steady stream of ships and allocation at sea because they just can't keep up with the increased production and deliveries. Basically, I think there's so many cars coming our way they've just gotta get them on boats and deal with VINs during the voyage.

Captain's log: Day 260
We are 105 days away from a year adrift at sea on the FFS Tesla without any sign of treasure.

After hearing of successes from the FU Melbourne and the PO Gold Coast (a captain can be bitter), the crew from Perth are starting to get that look in the eye that bodes ill for anyone silly enough to say 'it was worth the wait' :p.
Make 'em walk the plank