Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to a SA again. He was pretty straightforward in telling us what we already know.

Besides when a vin is allocated and we get the text/app prompt. SAs know nothing. They do not know ship schedules, production runs or even how many are allocated to their delivery center till all vins are matched.

He was surprised when I spoke of ship schedules, wuwa videos and the factory upgrade last quarter.

He admitted we know more then they do as their job is primarily organising test drives and managing deliveries. He says that takes up most of their day as it is. They do their job and that's it.

Reactions: Missimpatient
Those of you who've recently got a delivery date (congratulations!) - how were you notified?

Did you get an email or text message from Tesla, or did you find out when you happened to log into your account? Or was it a notification via the app?
I received my notification on Tuesday last week. Saw on Facebook someone had got a VIN in Sydney so I logged into the App and there was a note saying Tesla are making changes to your order. Logged into my account via the app and was given the ‘accept Tesla vision’ message. Found VIN in source code.

Those of you who've recently got a delivery date (congratulations!) - how were you notified?

Did you get an email or text message from Tesla, or did you find out when you happened to log into your account? Or was it a notification via the app?account changed to accept tesla vision... got a sms after that
Got a notification to accept tesla vision
After that sms

I really do think we're going to end up with a record quarter of deliveries, they'll just happen differently and be allocated throughout. We might see regular batches soon.

That could also be the booze talking...
I am a bit doubtful about this. My understanding of this new shipping method is that they are not changing their strategy of export vs domestic. They will not build in the second half of the quarter for export so if we dont get a vin in the next 3 weeks then we will miss the q4 batch. Unless you know something different?

I am a bit doubtful about this. My understanding of this new shipping method is that they are not changing their strategy of export vs domestic. They will not build in the second half of the quarter for export so if we dont get a vin in the next 3 weeks then we will miss the q4 batch. Unless you know something different?
I know as much as anyone here... diddly.

Spoke to a SA again. He was pretty straightforward in telling us what we already know.

Besides when a vin is allocated and we get the text/app prompt. SAs know nothing. They do not know ship schedules, production runs or even how many are allocated to their delivery center till all vins are matched.

He was surprised when I spoke of ship schedules, wuwa videos and the factory upgrade last quarter.

He admitted we know more then they do as their job is primarily organising test drives and managing deliveries. He says that takes up most of their day as it is. They do their job and that's it.
So basically they know nothing which has been communicated dozens of times on this forum

I spoke to the SA the day before I got my vin, saying I was going to cancel unless he could give me a date. He said he could only give me the aug-nov range in my app. Then I got the vin 12 hours later. They literally are not in the loop whatsoever.

He admitted we know more then they do as their job is primarily organising test drives and managing deliveries
Spoke to a SA again.
I reckon they spend half their time constantly answering phone calls telling people the same thing over and over again.

THEY DON'T KNOW WHERE YOUR CAR IS!
STOP ASKING!

Reactions: MozMan and Kris175
Even Tesla doesn’t know when they can deliver. My EDD is still showing 9-12 months from placed order date (14/05)
If I book a another car now then that also will have same EDD as Feb23-May23 which defies the common queue logic. It’s more of random allocations based on their convenience And profit.

• Informative
Reactions: David G
My EDD is still showing 9-12 months from placed order date (14/05)
If I book a another car now then that also will have same EDD as Feb23-May23 which defies the common queue logic.
Not really.
It means they have a block for Feb23-May23 (probably 4k cars based on recent quarters).

You might have been one of the first orders in that block on 14/5, and 5 months later it's still not full (which means a slowdown in orders - not a surprise with price increases and launch of Y)

Reactions: hk12
Amazing what can happen now they’ve wiped out the wait times in China (according to the info by Troy Teslike)
Fat chance of it happening here when they can’t even bring wait times for M3 below 230 days.

I reckon they spend half their time constantly answering phone calls telling people the same thing over and over again.

THEY DON'T KNOW WHERE YOUR CAR IS!
STOP ASKING!
If you make customers wait over 200 days with zero initiative to communicate, it's natural for customers to ask.

If they sent out weekly, or monthly status emails about order status fewer people would call. Feel bad for SAs but this is on Tesla

So I decided to go onto the Model Y Waiting Page and that will be the last time I ever look there again. Every single comment is a new person saying they got a vin or that they are complaining that their EDD got moved back by a day or two... 😒
Worse still is check out the dates they ordered their Y ! there no excuse for our long waiting time it is purely a decision made by Tesla to not fill our orders.

Reactions: MagicalseT