Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WRT Tesla's comms, my mate bought an Atto3 and received notifications from when production started. All automated as you'd expect should be very possible for a technologically savvy and efficient business running a high degree of automation.
I guess that’s where my head was at. Factories have had automated production lines for some time so I was expecting an Amazon-esque system where youre offered a narrow window and they generally come in well within the timeframe (unless something goes unforeseeably wrong). But seeing (until recently) that my 7mo order should be arriving in 6 to 9months) is a little beyond comprehension in 2022. Perhaps it’s time to get a bigger whiteboard?

@Tashwaiting are you another one if us that was given a VIN/final delivery window that then reverted?
There are a few of us here, so although it really sux, you are in good company 👍
Wishing we all could get some better news.

Edit: and by all I mean more than just those who have had a similar experience to me...all waiters...we need a *ship load* of Teslas (or several ship loads ..)

Last edited:
Yeah alright, settle down. I'm not that far off the mark when I was referencing the fact that RWDs are actually available for immediate pickup, and people who ordered in October are receiving their cars. Obviously I was technically incorrect in that I didn't exclude certain variants in my sweeping statement, so sorry if I offended you. Feel free to complain, that's what this forum is for and I know I do enough of it.
Yeah, okay, truce?

Sorry if I was harsh btw, I guess I was just over all the snarky WA comments, as if we have any control over what Tesla send our way. FWIW, it makes me pretty annoyed too that orders placed in September/October are getting vins allocated at the same time as my March order, and even worse while Feb orders are still waiting. Just don't understand it at all.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
They are increasing the EV tax from 10 to 20% in January thats why extra stock has been sent there

"At last week's Globes Israel Business Conference, Ministry of Finance deputy to the state budget director Iliya Katz explained why Israel is doubling purchase tax on electric vehicles from 10% to 20% in January 2023. The main reason was that electric vehicles are significantly cheaper for routine maintenance compared with gasoline fueled cars"

Wow...tax for lower maintenance cost...what's next? Tax because you don't have engine noise?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: *Sparkles*
Yeah, okay, truce?

Sorry if I was harsh btw, I guess I was just over all the snarky WA comments, as if we have any control over what Tesla send our way. FWIW, it makes me pretty annoyed too that orders placed in September/October are getting vins allocated at the same time as my March order, and even worse while Feb orders are still waiting. Just don't understand it at all.
I get it, all good, I know you were frustrated too. I agree it's crappy and don't get why they don't just schedule their builds based upon orders - it's not like they haven't had enough notice! Hopefully we all get some relief soon!

Reactions: *Sparkles*
I get it, all good, I know you were frustrated too. I agree it's crappy and don't get why they don't just schedule their builds based upon orders - it's not like they haven't had enough notice! Hopefully we all get some relief soon!
The problem is that they simply don't give a damn about the OZ market.
They deserve to lose market share in this country.
If this is a sign of their warranty behavior heaven help us - no parts and wait 12 months before the next shipment. Absolute rubbish.

Feeling the same. That WA has no backlog and fulfilled orders to October is yet another kick. I'm just gonna walk away and take the "whatever" approach. When I do get a VIN I won't believe it anyway because of how many people got shafted this quarter. And when I finally pick up my car I think it's just gonna be "about f-ing time".
So had a look on RORO with my now assigned VIN :). Look like our cars were shipped to Singapore and unloaded and now await transhipment to WA. I am wondering if this is likely due to a spate of British cancelations (the economy isn't exactly great at the moment). Maybe that will spill over to our East coast cousins.

So had a look on RORO with my now assigned VIN :). Look like our cars were shipped to Singapore and unloaded and now await transhipment to WA. I am wondering if this is likely due to a spate of British cancelations (the economy isn't exactly great at the moment). Maybe that will spill over to our East coast cousins.
Shipping is organised months in advance. The way they have done the shipping would have been to save money

Got off the phone with one from SA Chatswood, NSW and they reckon they're prepping for the avalanche of deliveries in December. They mentioned that all cars ordered before April 1 will likely be delivered this December, with a very small percentage in January 2023.

In other news, I reckon I'll be winning the Lotto next week.
I heard the same. Also I got their email thats supposedly linked to tesla leadership [email protected]

Group spam?

Got off the phone with one from SA Chatswood, NSW and they reckon they're prepping for the avalanche of deliveries in December. They mentioned that all cars ordered before April 1 will likely be delivered this December, with a very small percentage in January 2023.

In other news, I reckon I'll be winning the Lotto next week.
Well I won't be buying a Lotto ticket next week then will I 😄

I do hope you're right, I still have hope for Passama and Paglia....but can't see them be delivered before Christmas in Sydney anyway...

we live in hope if Vins coming up then...maybe 🤞

they reckon they're prepping for the avalanche of deliveries in December
Is this a gee-up? It has been the same fluff guidance for the last X weeks... thus it's confirmed: they have zero idea. Why are they ever referenced re: EDD? We have more hope of picking 5 winners of the 10 races at Wentworth Park dogs tonight. It's a lovely story that is either cooked-up on the floor or taken from a 'Customer Q&A' fax sent to them by HQ.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaskaChaska
Is this a gee-up? It has been the same fluff guidance for the last X weeks... thus it's confirmed: they have zero idea. Why are they ever referenced re: EDD? We have more hope of picking 5 winners of the 10 races at Wentworth Park dogs tonight. It's a lovely story that is either cooked-up on the floor or taken from a 'Customer Q&A' fax sent to them by HQ.
I didn't have to think long before I must admit I have never backed more than a couple of winners at the dogs..But I do still believe in Santa and perhaps he will deliver me a belated Christmas present early January😂

As you say a lovely story that will keep me interested in refreshing for a Vin from tomorrow til Wednesday.