Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am with you. I fear the current ships out there Crystal and Cherry aren't carrying a bunch of VINs for us. Surely for a company that is as automated as Tesla would have churned out at least some allocations on those ships if there were any.

that leaves only Passama and possibly Paglia arriving in December from armacup that could have our cars this quarter.

I am now mentally preparing myself for January production and hoping those orders from Q1 like mine are produced then and they arrive late January or early February if
I am lucky 🤞

RWD OD 12/3 plain and simple...like others thought that way I would receive it early 😂

I am with you. I fear the current ships out there Crystal and Cherry aren't carrying a bunch of VINs for us. Surely for a company that is as automated as Tesla would have churned out at least some allocations on those ships if there were any.

that leaves only Passama and possibly Paglia arriving in December from armacup that could have our cars this quarter.

I am now mentally preparing myself for January production and hoping those orders from Q1 like mine are produced then and they arrive late January or early February if
I am lucky 🤞

RWD OD 12/3 plain and simple...like others thought that way I would receive it early 😂
Really pathetic from Tesla if that's the case

Some people in WA who placed an order recently have gotten a car allocated. How exactly does that translate to WA not having a backlog???

I'm in WA and originally ordered my model 3 LR at the end of March, with an EDD of 6-9 months. That EDD didn't change at all until I changed my order to a RWD in November.

If I had kept my order for a LR, odds are my EDD would still be sitting at 6-9 months. BTW, I noticed that several LR were recently allocated to eastern states orders placed at/after my initial order date. Maybe I should start complaining too?
Yeah alright, settle down. I'm not that far off the mark when I was referencing the fact that RWDs are actually available for immediate pickup, and people who ordered in October are receiving their cars. Obviously I was technically incorrect in that I didn't exclude certain variants in my sweeping statement, so sorry if I offended you. Feel free to complain, that's what this forum is for and I know I do enough of it.

• Funny
Reactions: JustinFernleaf
I was referencing the fact that RWDs are actually available for immediate pickup.
I have to say that when I'm referring to where they are up to with orders, allocations, etc. I am referring to the RWD because, as I've noticed, they appear to be in different schedules to LR and P, and that my order is RWD, so it's more likely to be what I'm talking about. The last big batch we saw a while ago was P and LR, so the discussion (frustration!) has been focused around the RWD.
But mainly because that's what my order is. IMO.

I have to say that when I'm referring to where they are up to with orders, allocations, etc. I am referring to the RWD because, as I've noticed, they appear to be in different schedules to LR and P, and that my order is RWD, so it's more likely to be what I'm talking about. The last big batch we saw a while ago was P and LR, so the discussion (frustration!) has been focused around the RWD.
But mainly because that's what my order is. IMO.

I just wanted to say I’m so surprised Tesla didn’t want to continue the news and smash previous quarter sales history with orders sold/delivered. It’s a bit weird they had Q3 sales with M3 and MY with very little reports this quarter. Wouldn’t you want the good EV momentum to keep going? Haven’t seen anything in the news 🤷🏻‍♀️Anyway still waiting Brisbane basic white/back ODD 25/3. Was hoping for an early present before my birthday end of December.

Reactions: Missimpatient
I just wanted to say I’m so surprised Tesla didn’t want to continue the news and smash previous quarter sales history with orders sold/delivered. It’s a bit weird they had Q3 sales with M3 and MY with very little reports this quarter. Wouldn’t you want the good EV momentum to keep going? Haven’t seen anything in the news 🤷🏻‍♀️Anyway still waiting Brisbane basic white/back ODD 25/3. Was hoping for an early present before my birthday end of December.
All I can think of is it must be a shipping issue ie. A lack of ships to send the cars. Pretty sure I read somewhere that in Shanghai they can build 1000 MYs and 800 M3s a day (don't quote me on those numbers...it could be 1000 cars a day, I've had a few beers). Anyway, they could build plenty of cars, but if they can't ship them away they're not going to build at full capacity. Just my 5c worth...it's one of the few stories I tell myself to stop going insane. Either that or the guy running the Tesla factory in Shanghai is grossly incompetent

All I can think of is it must be a shipping issue ie. A lack of ships to send the cars. Pretty sure I read somewhere that in Shanghai they can build 1000 MYs and 800 M3s a day (don't quote me on those numbers...it could be 1000 cars a day, I've had a few beers). Anyway, they could build plenty of cars, but if they can't ship them away they're not going to build at full capacity. Just my 5c worth...it's one of the few stories I tell myself to stop going insane. Either that or the guy running the Tesla factory in Shanghai is grossly incompetent
Since Elon is having a firing spree maybe he should look at the bozos at the Gigafactory in charge of allocating vehicles.

Reactions: No EV
No it's not shipping issue. The ships they send them on have empty bays. (Don't ask how I know this I can't say).

It's 100% a production not going go AU issue.

I was told by Tesla WA today that they definitely did not have 5 cars available in showroom. There are 12 unallocated cars arriving in Fremantle in the 11-25 Dec shipment that most of us in WA have received VINs for...ODD 04/22. I was also told to not get too excited about that date, January more likely...who knows
They are lying to you about the unallocated cars. There were more than 5 in both RWD and performance variants. The last RWD variant took more than two days to be sold.