Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me!! So sad watching it sit just off Brisbane haha it seems docks are also a limitation! It spent so long waiting to dock at Port Kembla too. The arrival dates on the Port information have been pushed back several times, must be extremely frustrating for the shipping companies!
It looks like it should be docking early tomorrow morning, then they've got to unload them and transport to delivery centre. So hopefully early next week 🤞 so close!

View attachment 876554

Looks like it's finally going into the Brisbane port now. Man its been delay after delay with this one. Hopefully the rest can finally run smoothly, because I'm tired of this s***.

1669068743689.png

Reactions: Kim* and Ray6555
Yeah when the ship is near the shore most of the tracking apps give you positioning for free.

QLD, NSW and Victoria have schedules of incoming and outgoing vessels publicly available. Once the vessel arrival date is close I reckon they’re the most reliable sources of dates.

QLD: Public Pages
Port Kembla: Daily Vessel Movements
Victoria: Victorian Ports Corporation - Melbourne
Thanks. I see it on that listing now.

Hope the crew have good books. The ship is tracking off the coast near Canberra at present.
They'll be pretty close to Melbourne by tomorrow morning!
That's 2 full days for the crew to kill, having sat around off the coast of Port Kembla most of the weekend!
Don't envy them.

Don Juan has been pushed back for a docking in Melb now scheduled for Friday (25th).

I really don't understand why ships keep getting delayed at ports... are ships unexpectedly turning up and surprising them? Are the ships carrying significantly more cargo than expected? I don't think so.. Or is it that dock workers are not showing up to work? Seems very poorly managed to me!
Welcome to the world of the Australian waterfront. It's a combination of a combative relationship between wharfies and employers and once services are booked ( eg pilots,tugs etc), very very expensive to change. Cheaper to keep a ship at anchor for a weekend than bring it in at times.

Reactions: mpowney
Welcome to the world of the Australian waterfront. It's a combination of a combative relationship between wharfies and employers and once services are booked ( eg pilots,tugs etc), very very expensive to change. Cheaper to keep a ship at anchor for a weekend than bring it in at times.
Yeah, it's interesting.
Don Juan listed on Vicports website to arrive 4.30am on Friday.
TS Bravo listed on the same site to arrive 7.30pm Wednesday/tomorrow

Check on vesselfinder and the two boats are about an hour apart off the coast of Canberra at present!

Another ship, Divine Ace, is waiting to head into Port Kembla at present, yet due to arrive in Melbourne on Thursday before the Don Juan.
It's nonsense!
Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 10.10.30 am.png

Last edited:

Well I'm glad the unions are out there doing good for everyone! :rolleyes:

It must be so volatile to the point that vic ports can't plan more than 2 days ahead. Seems insane considering, you know, we are an island and need, like everything imported!