Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just realised how lucky we are compared to the states.

We get the 3D7 Motor which gives 192kw vs Freemont M3s which uses 3D5 that tops out at 180kw.

For the RWD

For those who bought in Feb it's around 40-43k(state incentives varies) USD drive away. In the states its 48200 BEFORE taxes. So more like a 10k+ USD difference.

Freemont built cars tend to have poorer build quality and they've removed USS while shanghai is still keeping it for now.

They use a proprietary charging port which requires an adapter for 3rd party charging, while we get the ubiquitous CCS2.

Their delivery fee is 1200 USD ours is 1200 AUD.

I just realised how lucky we are compared to the states.

We get the 3D7 Motor which gives 192kw vs Freemont M3s which uses 3D5 that tops out at 180kw.

For the RWD

For those who bought in Feb it's around 40-43k(state incentives varies) USD drive away. In the states its 48200 BEFORE taxes. So more like a 10k+ USD difference.

Freemont built cars tend to have poorer build quality and they've removed USS while shanghai is still keeping it for now.

They use a proprietary charging port which requires an adapter for 3rd party charging, while we get the ubiquitous CCS2.

Their delivery fee is 1200 USD ours is 1200 AUD.
So you mean we get a faster M3 ?

I don't want to start the whole debate/debacle that's associated with discussing these services (of which I don't subscribe to) but from what I gather is they know where the info is via various sources and can more easily give you a good idea of where it will likely be, much quicker than an inexperienced person could do themselves.
Although, as more people start to share the tracking info/sites (e.g. shipping schedules, VIN searches), it may well get easier for the inexperienced.
That's the way.. keep it up. We are all in the same boat. Some get it and some dnt

Reactions: Missimpatient
That's what I was thinking.
Funnily enough, before having a VIN I enjoyed watching the discussions about ship tracking and guessing which one it's on, but thinking I wouldn't be interested for my car, but since having the VIN, I've become a bit obsessed about it 😂 I can see why people would subscribe to those tracking services.
Sooner you will be that obsessed that you will start stalking your ship in and out

Somebody said if you install the yoke the insurance company would not cover. You need to get an engineer certificate for approval.
Plus IMHO it’s just not practical until there’s a power assisted linear increase in the turning circle the further you turn the yoke, preventing you from needing to cross over your arms. Like it should turn max 90 or 100 deg. Todays version makes you turn further than that and I don’t think it’s practical or safe in an emergency situation. I’ll take a round wheel please.

Reactions: neilg