Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do they put these cars into stock and not pass them down to current orders?
I think it’s a “glitch” in their delivery system. I can’t remember if it was here on TMC or one of the Facebook groups, but someone asked Tesla why the stock appears online and they said they are reallocating them to orders, it’s just that they show on the website erroneously for a moment.

These numbers sounds like a good way to get a general vibe of how many orders are cancelled per state when delivery times comes around. If only we could monitor them 🤔

Reactions: Robdunc and ARON44
I think it’s a “glitch” in their delivery system. I can’t remember if it was here on TMC or one of the Facebook groups, but someone asked Tesla why the stock appears online and they said they are reallocating them to orders, it’s just that they show on the website erroneously for a moment.

These numbers sounds like a good way to get a general vibe of how many orders are cancelled per state when delivery times comes around. If only we could monitor them 🤔
Ok that makes sense..

I'm curious as to the concept of "test payments". I would have thought it was time to pay the full outstanding amount once the invoice arrives. Am I missing something?
The invoice may arrive weeks before the delivery date and payment is due 48 hours before delivery. Some people will be hanging onto their money for as long as possible (🙋) . The test payment can give an indication of how long it can take for funds to transfer, so planning to transfer the final amount can occur at latest possible time.

Reactions: Minties
Do people realise the refresh is a very cheap M3 - like car? It's likely it will be a much worse version of what we currently have, just optimised for profit margin and lower entry point.

It was known about for some years with the leaked tesla release schedual. originally slated as 2024 release. These "rumors" are just that... no production or factory modifications have taken place. You would have to be crazy to cancel a current order on the back of some random web article

This time though they have been there for 24 hours….

Do people realise the refresh is a very cheap M3 - like car? It's likely it will be a much worse version of what we currently have, just optimised for profit margin and lower entry point.

It was known about for some years with the leaked tesla release schedual. originally slated as 2024 release. These "rumors" are just that... no production or factory modifications have taken place. You would have to be crazy to cancel a current order on the back of some random web article
I’m far from car expert, but I feel like if the cast method is used for new 3, it would end up like Y, one incident and instead of replace few parts , you have replace giant one piece part and insurance may just write it off? Is that true? I remember I read somewhere in China someone ‘s Y reverse into a house and the car repair cost is more than the new car due to the casting method they used? Not sure I understand right 😶

I wouldn’t cancel mine until I’ve seen it and it would have to be a decent upgrade as well, I’m not sure Tesla would release a much worse version though? They’d want to increase sales not drive them down..

I wouldn’t cancel mine until I’ve seen it and it would have to be a decent upgrade as well, I’m not sure Tesla would release a much worse version though? They’d want to increase sales not drive them down..
You can see that old school auto makers are using a similar strategy tesla initially used -> entering into the 60k+ market where the increased costs of R&D and manufacturing are not felt so hard.

This price range will be more competitive due to this so tesla will use the advantage of giga press and 4080 to make a car that competes with the BYD price range and 1 up auto makers again.

It would probably be without a sunroof and more cheaper interior etc

Reactions: ARON44
Does anyone think about using credit card to pay and then using the balance transfer to another credit card which can offer 36 months with 0 interest rate? Citi bank is offering a credit card with this promotion. After calculation, it costs you 1.7% of surcharge and $49 annual fee for Citi bank credit card. That’s all you pay for the extra fee, but you could enjoy 36 months repayment.

Today is the first day of my pickup window.

Should I just go knock on Tesla Adelaide's door and see if it's there yet? :p
it's definitely there🤣🤣🤣
1669759090053.png