Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone think about using credit card to pay and then using the balance transfer to another credit card which can offer 36 months with 0 interest rate? Citi bank is offering a credit card with this promotion. After calculation, it costs you 1.7% of surcharge and $49 annual fee for Citi bank credit card. That’s all you pay for the extra fee, but you could enjoy 36 months repayment.
That’s right. Delay payment. Buy now. Pay later. I’m sorry. It seems so much of society wants now but wants to scheme to pay later. Why ? That’s how people get into trouble. If you can afford the car now, pay for it. Its ACTUALLY yours. NOT somebody else’s.

That’s right. Delay payment. Buy now. Pay later. I’m sorry. It seems so much of society wants now but wants to scheme to pay later. Why ? That’s how people get into trouble. If you can afford the car now, pay for it. Its ACTUALLY yours. NOT somebody else’s.
It does not always nake financial sense to pay cash for goods, it's down to each individual to decide if they will get into trouble. I'm paying cash but in the past it would not have been the right call.

Why would you not want to keep your money in your account for as long as possible?

Some of us have mortgages to offset 😂

I saw that!

I feel like we've ordered at exactly the right time to have the longest wait possible. Orders before November we super fast, and appears orders after April are also going to be somewhat fast.

November - March was the worst time to order apparently!

This car is slightly different as it has white interior. I also suspect that it's on the same boat as the rest of the SA cars and is just unallocated.
All is true, but we all paid the cheapest.

I think it really depends on how much credit limit you could get. For example, if you could enjoy 30k or 40k credit limit repayment at 36 months. It is weight cheaper than you finance the car. The total fee is 30k * 1.7% surcharge + $49 credit card annual fee for 3 years.

I think it really depends on how much credit limit you could get. For example, if you could enjoy 30k or 40k credit limit repayment at 36 months. It is weight cheaper than you finance the car. The total fee is 30k * 1.7% surcharge + $49 credit card annual fee for 3 years.
I guess it's another option to think about, if you're going to be financing anyway. You'd have to be pretty organised with repayments though, otherwise you could be in trouble...

Reactions: choppa
I guess it's another option to think about, if you're going to be financing anyway. You'd have to be pretty organised with repayments though, otherwise you could be in trouble...
Not really. Even I could pay in cash 60k for the car, it is still a better option using the balance transfer credit card. Cuz the interest for 30k is more than$1200 annual. It would be more than $3000 in 36 months. However, the total fee you paid for balance transfer is only around $657.

I finally got my Allianz quote down to $1195/year. My last move was to set the agreed value to the bare minimum (~44k). I will leave it like that for the next 2 years - the policy already has old for new replacement in case of total loss within 2 years of manufacture. Also, no hire vehicle included (we have a second car).

For those who are eligible for the $3k NSW subsidy -

I spoke with someone in Sales at Tesla yesterday. Unfortunately we have to submit it ourselves after taking delivery, & it isn’t something that Tesla claims on your behalf & deducts from the balance owing.

On the NSW Gov website, you need to register (create an account), & then you need to provide a certificate of registration, proof of registration entitlement & your drivers license.

I guess it could be done prior, depending on your delivery timeline of when those documents are finalised & made available to you?

Not really. Even I could pay in cash 60k for the car, it is still a better option using the balance transfer credit card. Cuz the interest for 30k is more than$1200 annual. It would be more than $3000 in 36 months. However, the total fee you paid for balance transfer is only around $657.
It makes a lot of sense.

I had the remaining portion of my last car loan bouncing around on interest free balance transfers for years.

It went past the original loan term and i had the money there to pay it off but there was something really satisfying about not paying interest on debt.. and getting interest on the money in the bank.

For those who are eligible for the $3k NSW subsidy -

I spoke with someone in Sales at Tesla yesterday. Unfortunately we have to submit it ourselves after taking delivery, & it isn’t something that Tesla claims on your behalf & deducts from the balance owing.

On the NSW Gov website, you need to register (create an account), & then you need to provide a certificate of registration, proof of registration entitlement & your drivers license.

I guess it could be done prior, depending on your delivery timeline of when those documents are finalised & made available to you?
Can Tesla transfer the owner before delivery? Someone is selling the car and said Tesla can transfer the owner, so the new owner get the rebate as well. But I think NSW rebate is only for the first time owner.

DO Tesla accept credit card payments? And

Unrelated… Is it generally thought that Apple Music is coming to the Tesla OS by way of an update shortly given its visibility on a screen in the Peterson Tesla display?
They do, but only in person if paying for the car. There’s a surcharge.. anyone know what it is?

The order fee is the only part you can do using credit card, not present, without surcharge.

Would love to see any apple music app/carplay/android auto come to tesla.

Does the recent spat between Elon/Twitter and Apple offer any clues, I wonder..

It makes a lot of sense.

I had the remaining portion of my last car loan bouncing around on interest free balance transfers for years.

It went past the original loan term and i had the money there to pay it off but there was something really satisfying about not paying interest on debt.. and getting interest on the money in the bank.
If its available to you salary packaging may be a better deal. I am picking up my car on Tuesday and with the fbt now exempt, my lease payments including insurance, rego, servicing, tyres and an allowance of $60 per month electricity plus the payout baloon figure at end of lease is $9k less than cost of car, this is for the long range.

Reactions: choppa