Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looks like no chrissy present!😢
Yes it is disappointing, works for me as I am overseas Dec10 til Jan 2 have booked a replacement pick up person for that time, but would rather pick the car up myself.
But it is disappointing for everyone hoping to have it for the holidays.
Just hoping I have it by mid Jan for a trip to Brisbane for my brother's 80th! Who would have thought I would be wondering if I would have my car for that trip when I ordered back March 12 😂

Accountant tip, there is a luxury car limit for claims on cars.

So you'll only be able to claim upto that amount. Less your private use percentage.

GST is that same limit as well.
I checked the tesla price breakdown on the website - appears there's $2552 LCT on the performance, and $0 on the LR. Hmm.... $14,000 difference between the LR and the P is either a lot of money, or not a lot of money depending on who you talk to!

I should probably wait until my RWD is delivered first, only a week or two away. I also just impulse bought a WRX STi which I'm picking up in 3 days (growing old but never growing up) so maybe this decision has to be postponed a couple of weeks. LR and P both have an estimate of Feb-May 2023 should it should arrive well before EOFY.

Hey Magnus

Are the thresholds the Driveaway price or the price pre stamp duty / rego?
Oohh good question.

I'm not 100% on this so double check with your accountant. But pretty close to sure that for depreciation purposes it's total invoice amount.

So for 2023 the car limit is 64,741 which will be the maximum depreciation deduction available less private use.

GST limit is also this number but they are applied separately.

Oohh this has me thinking that EAP or FSD could be purchased in separate financial years and depreciated separately but that idea is above my pay grade and I wouldn't be sure.

Reactions: Ryanjava
The CBA offer is for a personal loan, you can’t make it a joint loan, as far as I can see …. Any other small joint loans out there ? My 5.56% expires Dec 14 with Macquarie and I still don’t even have a VIN
People's choice currently do 4.49% fixed ($250 application fee, no monthly fees) and you can apply jointly. I just got off the phone with them as I was considering putting in an application and they're inundated apparently. Won't be an issue for you if you don't have a VIN assigned but my car is approaching very soon and my current rate is really poor with Plenti (6.74% and $299 fee)

Reactions: Dilepa and choppa
I doubt they got your price.

Have other Feb Adelaide orders got delivery days or still just a window that adjusts once you enter it?

26/2 vanilla RWD Vin ✅and invoice ✅, slowly progressing
Im still on the window.
I was sent the registration authority this morning to let them deal with all the rego. My EDD is still 03-16/12. Build 13/11

I haven't seen any SA orders with delivery times yet

Reactions: Kenthecar
Yeah still a window EDD, 3-16 Dec. I doubt we'll get delivery sms until the ship unloads and they're on their way to ADL.
If the cars are unloaded at Port Kembla and then trucked down they will be here much faster (by over a week) than if they're dropped off at Melbourne and then trucked down.

Someone commented yesterday that Crystal isn't going to Melbourne, and it's contents will be offloaded and loaded onto Cherry. I'm hoping Tesla's stay offloaded and trucked down.

Reactions: SpicySol
Has anyone had any luck getting SG Fleet to quote as a novated lease under the new EV FBT legislation? I queried but they said their systems hadnt been updated to reflect this, and wouldnt commit to when they would. I know from this forum other NL firms have provided quotes. As my invoice arrived, its getting quite close to when ill have to commit to finance or NL, but they dont seem to be in any rush...
As recently as 1/12, they were still not willing to quote me on the new basis, or even give a timeline for doing this. Smartleasing were able to quote based on the new rules so I switched to them. The only snag now is that Smartleasing want the Compliance Date which won't be available until the Tesla has landed in the country.

Reactions: Twoms