Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if I get my car in Feb and it has a Nov22 build date, I can still sell that as a MY23 model?
No, because our VINs don't change until the new year.

already a year old on paper?
How does "built the previous calendar year" equate to "a year old" ? I would think the odometer reading would be the primary thing affecting price, as well as specific hardware features. See also the number of people banging on about their "unicorn" Model 3 which is older but has a more powerful motor.

Reactions: Benzz
No, because our VINs don't change until the new year.

How does "built the previous calendar year" equate to "a year old" ? I would think the odometer reading would be the primary thing affecting price, as well as specific hardware features. See also the number of people banging on about their "unicorn" Model 3 which is older but has a more powerful motor.
Yes odemeter reading is important but so is the build year, say if I bought a car built in 2010 with only 50km on the clock? its still 12yrs old, yeh its got low kms and you could say its like new, but its still a 12yr old car, or is that incorrect?

if I bought a car built in 2010 with only 50km on the clock? its still 12yrs old, yeh its got low kms and you could say its like new, but its still a 12yr old car, or is that incorrect?
Sure, but if you could buy a 2010 with 50km on the clock or a 2011 with 100,000km on the clock, which would you buy?

Or to be less strawmanny and more realistic, a 2010 with 100,000 vs a 2011 with 180,000 - which would you expect to be priced higher?

Ok when you put it like that I guess yr right, you won lol
:)

Aaron might agree with you, the market not so much. On a like for like, a newer vehicle is still worth more, even in THE EV world

Attachments

• 2DE09605-B1E5-44A2-89D9-5E68A42A01E2.jpeg
    2DE09605-B1E5-44A2-89D9-5E68A42A01E2.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 0B17E174-D995-4911-8FAF-8752E2839644.jpeg
    0B17E174-D995-4911-8FAF-8752E2839644.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: ARON44
Ok, so basically if I get my car in Feb and it has a Nov22 build date, I can still sell that as a MY23 model? Im just hoping I dont get a brand new car thats already a year old on paper?
Year built, always matter in resale. if you list your car on carsales in one month, it will be viewed as a 2022 model and will be one year old in both eyes of
private and dealerships. Kilometres are also important but the year built is more important in any resale, taking away ridiculous kilometre comparisons, and just compare apples with apples a 2022 vs a 2023 with similar kilometres. Ask a dealer or even put it into Carsales for an instant valuation.

Reactions: Ryanjava
Year built, always matter in resale. if you list your car on carsales in one month, it will be viewed as a 2022 model and will be one year old in both eyes of
private and dealerships. Kilometres are also important but the year built is more important in any resale, taking away ridiculous kilometre comparisons, and just compare apples with apples a 2022 vs a 2023 with similar kilometres. Ask a dealer or even put it into Carsales for an instant valuation.
Ok so back to square one then, if I get my car in feb with a nov22 build date, my car on paper is technically a year old?

Reactions: Robdunc and ARON44