Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well tesla took so long on my order that I had too much time to consider the real price and cost of ownership over the next 5 years vs buying a new ICE car that I have cancelled my order.

Sold my 5 year old ICE car for $1k less than I paid for it and bought a new one. Will save $50k over the next 5 years vs Tesla price and running costs. (It's not as cheap as we are led to believe)

I paid to offset the emissions from the new ICE car at only $60 ish a year.

Anyway, I'll look again in 5 years. Hopefully price is down by then.

Well tesla took so long on my order that I had too much time to consider the real price and cost of ownership over the next 5 years vs buying a new ICE car that I have cancelled my order.

Sold my 5 year old ICE car for $1k less than I paid for it and bought a new one. Will save $50k over the next 5 years vs Tesla price and running costs. (It's not as cheap as we are led to believe)

Not sure what variant you ordered, say a RWD 70k ish, how do you save 50k by cancelling it and buying a ICE? Is the new ICE as cheap as 20k? If you ordered 100k performance then went to a 50k ICE that’s another story, not apple to apple though.

Out of interest, what did you sell and what did you buy?

Reactions: Miggy
Oh no, is armacup website out of date? It shows arrive Mel on 11/12?
I forgot to paste the link.

Coffee, please start working when ever you’re ready.

Oh no, is armacup website out of date? It shows arrive Mel on 11/12?
Also I use this site to track the ship movements.

This should link to the live update for morning cherry.

Reactions: neilg and cdai
I forgot to paste the link.

Coffee, please start working when ever you’re ready.

Damn bloody false hope. I woke up thought finally my car is in Melbourne…..

Anyway, I'll look again in 5 years. Hopefully price is down by then
ICE v EV cost of ownership does vary depending on individual situation. Other than an occasional road trip my fuel will be free from the sun so that makes a big difference.
When EVs become as cheap as ICE cars, they will at some point in the next ? years ICE cars will be almost worthless so you should allow for a very low resale value for it.

ICE v EV cost of ownership does vary depending on individual situation. Other than an occasional road trip my fuel will be free from the sun so that makes a big difference.
When EVs become as cheap as ICE cars, they will at some point in the next ? years ICE cars will be almost worthless so you should allow for a very low resale value for it.
Agree. The thing that might save ICE resale value over the next 5 years is supply of EVs. With demand increasing supply won’t be able to keep up. I think many people will not wait 6-18 months to buy an EV

Has it got my car on it, please tell me you know 🙏
I wish I knew. I was just looking at the Port of Brisbane schedule and noticed the almost identical name to Tesla that is a vehicle carrier and thought it was amusing. Maybe they are trying to get them here incognito, in case they think we are all going to camp out there when Viking Passama arrives 😂

Well after having my EDD move to TBD then back to Feb-May, awoke this morning to find an email to finalise my trade-in to delivery! Now I need to see if it's feasible now or I wait another few months.

1670715340977.png

Agree. The thing that might save ICE resale value over the next 5 years is supply of EVs. With demand increasing supply won’t be able to keep up. I think many people will not wait 6-18 months to buy an EV
That same supply constraint will most likely keep the EV prices both new and second had from dropping too much, so getting a new one now will mean you will most likely be able to get most of the purchase cost back in few years if you sell it. Specially if you take inflation into account.

Reactions: simesinbris