Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ICE v EV cost of ownership does vary depending on individual situation. Other than an occasional road trip my fuel will be free from the sun so that makes a big difference.
When EVs become as cheap as ICE cars, they will at some point in the next ? years ICE cars will be almost worthless so you should allow for a very low resale value for it.
That's true however it's not happening anytime soon.

There are 1.4 billion cars in the world. Just cars, not counting trucks etc. we are not replacing them all with EVs anytime soon.

Just got off the phone with Tesla SA from the 1800 number.

My OD is 11/04
White/Black Model 3 Performance
EDD is 14 Dec - 28 Dec
Still no VIN, rego papers or Invoice (I have hidden VIN)

I asked him if this delivery date sounds accurate and he stated that it will be, he said my car is on the "MSC IMMACOLATA" and is docking next week.

He said I should receive invoice either Monday or Tuesday.

How does this all sounds to you guys? First time calling Tesla looking for some answers! I've never heard of the MSC Immacolata.

Thanks

Reactions: notaballer25
Well tesla took so long on my order that I had too much time to consider the real price and cost of ownership over the next 5 years vs buying a new ICE car that I have cancelled my order.

Sold my 5 year old ICE car for $1k less than I paid for it and bought a new one. Will save $50k over the next 5 years vs Tesla price and running costs. (It's not as cheap as we are led to believe)

I paid to offset the emissions from the new ICE car at only $60 ish a year.

Anyway, I'll look again in 5 years. Hopefully price is down by then.
new account - check
doesnt own an EV - check
ICE misinformation - check

shuold be immediate ban imo

My OD is 11/04
EDD is 14 Dec - 28 Dec

I asked him if this delivery date sounds accurate and he stated that it will be, he said my car is on the "MSC Immacolata" and is docking next week.

How does this all sounds to you guys? First time calling Tesla looking for some answers! I've never heard of the MSC Immacolata.

Thanks

Reactions: Trick

My OD is 11/04
EDD is 14 Dec - 28 Dec

I asked him if this delivery date sounds accurate and he stated that it will be, he said my car is on the "MSC Immacolata" and is docking next week.

Thanks
I called the Brisbane office but not sure if I was redirected on Friday and was told he did not have access to which boats the cars were on.

Reactions: Missimpatient
Hi guys anyone thought of getting a yoke steering wheel for their model 3? Im considering one after watching a lot of videos. New Model S and X have it straight out of the box. People also speculating the updated 2023 M3 may come with the yoke too in line with the facelift of the S and X as it looks sleek and modern. Thoughts?

Hi guys anyone thought of getting a yoke steering wheel for their model 3? Im considering one after watching a lot of videos. New Model S and X have it straight out of the box. People also speculating the updated 2023 M3 may come with the yoke too in line with the facelift of the S and X as it looks sleek and modern. Thoughts?
If it's what you want and can afford it why not. S and X have displays that can be obstructed by wheel, 3 and Y may get it just so only one design needs to be produced.

Reactions: neilg

My OD is 11/04
EDD is 14 Dec - 28 Dec

Thanks

The MSC Immacolata looks to frequent the US Coast, based on its history. It left Shanghai on 01/12 & is on its way to San Fransisco.

Sounds like the guy you were talking to either thought you were in the US, or was looking at the wrong screen?

Reactions: Missimpatient
Pretty sure the yoke steering wheel is not ADR approved
side note... prob not really a "Waiting Room" topic.... new thread....

My OD is 11/04
EDD is 14 Dec - 28 Dec

Thanks
Good job! I was going to wait until Monday to call up and get some info as I'm in the same status with you (hidden VIN, no rego papers/invoice). Was suspecting my trade in was delaying it but I've done all the trade in steps already.

Reactions: JDX007